SORT BY Relevancy
HACCP is taking the commercial food world by storm!
It's an integral part of the FDA food code and is being populated into every operations manual in the commercial food industry.
Join me for an open question and answer session about HACCP. If you are a certified food manager in the US and need to recertify your manager's certification then you don't want to miss this!
You can contact me via www.SWFLTraining.com
"How a Food Production Facility Designs a HACCP Plan" with Cathy Crawford, Vice President, HACCP Consulting Group, Fairfax Virginia.
Cathy joined the group after 10 years working for a privately owned meat and poultry company where she was responsible for regulatory compliance, developing food safety strategies, export programs, and the recall system.
Her Bachelor’s is in Biology from Arizona State and Masters in food safety from Michigan State.
She also earned a Certificate in International Food Law from The Institute for Food Laws and Regulations at Michigan State. She is also a Registered Auditor for Safe Quality Foods. She has instructed workshops for the USDA Food Safety Inspection Service.Cathy has provided HACCP and other food safety training to a wide variety of businesses including meat and poultry processors, bakeries, confectionary companies, produce companies and food service establishments. She also provided training for veterinary food safety inspectors in Poland in 2011 regarding U.S. Food regulations including HACCP.
1. Cathy's background.
2. Analyzing the properties of each food product line.
3. The crafting of a process flow diagram or chart of materials through the facility.
4. How to perform a Risk Analysis.
5. Establishing critical limits through scientific methods and documentation.
6. Validating the HACCP plan by the HACCP team.
7. HACCP Consulting Group's services.
HACCP Consulting Group
Roy Costa is the founder and owner of the consulting firm Environ Health Associates, Inc.
Mr. Costa is a registered professional sanitarian with more than 30 years of environmental
health practice in the academic, government and private sectors. Mr. Costa is a food safety
consultant, educator, auditor and expert, with international experience.
Mr. Costa’s dynamic practice specializes in the prevention and control of contaminates that
may be transmitted through food, environmental surfaces and water.
2. What is a foodborne illness?
3. What are contamination sources by microbes?
4. What is an outbreak?
5. How is an outbreak diagnosed or declared?
6. What is an epidemiologic investigation?
7. What are notifications the public, recalls of products, stopping of the sale of products and/or closing of affected businesses?
8. What are the tools of identifying the causes of a foodborne illness outbreak?
9. How does the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point, (HACCP) analysis help reduce outbreaks?
10. Recent cases.
Roy E Costa R.S., M.S.(M.B.A.)
Public Health Sanitarian and Consultant
Environ Health Associates, Inc.
Russell Parry set up Advanced Food Safety Limited in 1995, the company specialises in BRC standard / ISO22000 consultancy and provides a wide range of food safety training courses which the company provides in-house, via book-based distance learning and online e-learning. Russell and his company has won many awards over the years including Best Training Company (twice), Best Trainer, Entrepreneur of the Year and various Export Awards.
The consultancy side of the business is well respected as all clients are ‘A’ grade BRC with several having no non-conformities! Russell assisted the first company in Latvia achieve BRC and also the first 3 companies in Macedonia achieve the BRC standard which was through a USAID funded project with Land O Lakes.
Russell Parry is author of the leading brand of Allsafe distance learning courses which cover Food Safety (Level 1 – 3), HACCP, Internal Auditing, Allergens, 5 Whys and Health & Safety.
Russell is principle trainer for his company Advanced Food Safety Ltd and specialises in Level 3 HACCP and Level 4 Food Safety.
2. What are international food safety certifications?
3. What is the British Retail Consortium (BRC)?
4. What are the BRC Global Standards?
5. Can you give us a brief overview of the BRC Food Standard?
6. What is the audit process?
6. What are the advantages of BRC certification?
Russell Parry, FRSPH
Advanced Food Safety Ltd.
5 Broad O'Th Lane
Shevington, Wigan , Lancashire WN6 8EA UK
Registered in England and Wales No 3894022
VAT Registration No 643 7523 33
Tel: 01257 254999
Falsification of HACCP records with Amanda Evans, Food Safety and Compliance Specialist at Salamanda Food, Newcastle Area, Australia.
1. Amanda's introduction and background.
2. What is HACCP?
3. What is a HACCP audit?
4. Who conducts a HACCP audit?
5. What types of documentation are reviewed in a HACCP audit?
6. What are the challenges associated with documentation?
7. What is documentation falsification?
8. Best practices in documentation and record-keeping.
9. HACCP Mentor’s products and services.
Amanda Evans is a Food Safety Compliance Specialist with more than 17 years experience working with Australian and international food businesses. Amanda works as a contract trainer and food compliance auditor and continues a close relationship with the food industry through her business consultancy services. With food labelling and education a speciality, Amanda assists food manufacturers keep up-to-date with legal and business requirements along with mentoring other food safety auditors.
She has a strong commitment to food safety and business improvement has seen Amanda develop and implement easy business tools to assist with food compliance. Additionally, working as a food auditor, allows the most relevant and up-to date information on certification standards including WQA, BRC, SQF, Spotless, ISO9001 and Codex HACCP to be conveyed during training sessions.
Food Safety Consultant
Designing quality and safety into food products with Mr. Felix Amiri, Food Safety and Quality Systems Specialist.
Felix has worked for many international organizations over the years. He is the Director of Technical Services at Amiri Food Industry Support Services (AFISS) and the current Food Industry Chair of the Global Coalition for Sustained Excellence in Food & Health Protection. Felix conducts Food Safety and Quality System audits in various facilities and distribution centres throughout Canada and the U.S. He is a member of the American Society for Quality (ASQ), and is a Certified Quality Auditor under ASQ. Felix is also the North American Regional Manager for World Food Safety Organisation.
1. Introduction. 2. What is food quality? 3. What is food safety? 4. What roles do design and testing play in food quality and safety 5. What is a HACCP plan? 6. Can a HACCP plan be designed to include quality and safety? 7. Specific items to include in the HACCP plan. 8. How does a company know if its FS & QS plans are accomplishing the desired purpose? 9. Conclusion.
Contact: Felix Amiri Food Safety and Quality Systems Specialist (519) 323-3515 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.afisservices.com
Listen anytime to all AME Food Testing Show podcasts: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ames-food-testing-show-blog/id447337326 http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ame-foodtestingshow.rss
Negative Salmonella for Mexican Cucumbers Reported by USFDA with Jesus Aceves is the Director General of Enviro Tech LA, S.A. de C.V.
Jesus Aceves is the Director General of Enviro Tech LA, S.A. de C.V. Has earned his degrees in engineering and biochemistry at the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey. He is active in food safety in the produce sector in Northern Mexico. He was a Biotecnology Branch Manager at ProAqua México - Proveedora de Insumos Acuicolas, S.A. de C.V. He has certifications on HAZARD ANALYSIS AND CRITICAL CONTROL POINTS (HACCP) from NOAA, USDA National Training Branch. See: http://www.fda.gov/Food/RecallsOutbreaksEmergencies/Outbreaks/ucm349461.htm?goback=%2Egde_1393897_member_239569966 Agenda: 1. Introduction. 2. What is a food borne pathogen? 3. What is the Salmonella organism? 4. How do humans react to this organism? 5. The recent US FDA Salmonella warning about Mexican cucumbers. 6. What were the vendor actions taken in Mexico to investigate these claims? 7. What was the final conclusion of these studies? 8. How did the US FDA report these results? 9. What is the optimum food safety approach to protect the public from Salmonella? 10. Conclusion.
Jesus Aceves Director General Enviro Tech LA, S.A. de C.V. Mazatlan, Sinaloa Cel. (52)+1 669 912 0119 Of. (52) 669 118 0707 E-mail. email@example.com Skype. J.aceves www.envirotechla.com
On-Line Food Safety Training with Russell Parry, FRSPH, Director, Advanced Food Safety Limited.Click: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ame-foodtestingshow/2013/01/12/on-line-food-safety-training-with-russell-parry-frsph-1Duration: 34 minutes, 42 seconds.On-Line Food Safety Training with Russell Parry, FRSPH, Director, Advanced Food Safety Limited.Russell Parry set up Advanced Food Safety Limited in 1995, the company specialises in BRC standard / ISO22000 consultancy and provides a wide range of food safety training courses which the company provides in-house, via book-based distance learning and online e-learning. Russell and his company has won many National and regional awards over the years including Best Training Company (twice), Best Trainer, Entrepreneur of the Year and various Export Awards.The consultancy side of the business is well respected as all clients are ‘A’ grade BRC with several having no non-conformities! Russell assisted the first company in Latvia achieve BRC and also the first 3 companies in Macedonia achieve the BRC standard which was through a USAID funded project with Land O Lakes.Agenda:1. Introduction.2. What is food safety training?3. What is the traditional form of training?4. How does on-line food safety training work?5. What are the advantages of on-line training?6. Are there any disadvantages of on-line training?7. Will on-line training grow in the future?8. ConclusionContact:Russell Parry, FRSPHDirectorAdvanced Food Safety Ltd.Jubilee House5 Broad O'Th LaneShevington, Wigan , Lancashire WN6 8EA UKRegistered in England and Wales No 3894022VAT Registration No 643 7523 33Tel: 01257 firstname.lastname@example.org
Environmental Risk Concerns: The Dangers of Pallets with Karl Kolb, PhD., Chief Science Officer of the High Sierra Group.
Karl Kolb, PhD., Chief Science Officer of the High Sierra Group which provides nation’s largest purveyor of food safety products and services.
Agenda: 1. Introduction. 2. What are pallets used for in food production? 3. What materials are used in their construction? 4. Environmental risk analysis concerns. 5. Listeria and pathogenic transmission characteristics of pallets. 6. Floors, pallets and trucks as transmission vehicles. 7. How do pathogens prosper on pallets? 8. How do pallets transfer bacteria? 9. How long can bacteria survive on pallets? 10. Why is a 3rd party important? 11. What are the concerns for organic production and agricultural sites? 12. Why is testing difficult for the average facility? 13. What can be done to eradicate the problem at the time of receipt? 14. Conclusion.
Contact: Karl Kolb PhD. Chief, Science Officer The High Sierra Group 715.723.4915 (office) 715.723.4956 (fax) 702.523.2068 (cell) http://highsierracorp.com/ email@example.com
Listen to AME Food Testing Show podcasts: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ames-food-testing-show-blog/id447337326 http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ame-foodtestingshow.rss
Melanie Campbell is an expert and passionate advocate on issues impacting African Americans, women, immigrants and youth and the intersection of how politics, public policy, race, gender, class and age impacts quality life for all Americans.
Lori Hollander withFounders READY. SET. CUPCAKE! by The Piping Gourmets. Carolyn Broome Shulevitz is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY. With a long history of training and working in NYC hotels, Carolyn also enjoyed several years of owning her own catering company and bakery on Shelter Island. Carolyn is a private chef in Miami, Florida and is HACCP certified.
Leslie Kaplan is a graduate of Florida International University’s School of Hospitality Management. Leslie began her hospitality career in the hotel rooms division with The Continental Companies. Most recently Leslie has managed the Carrousel Yacht, a luxury dinner cruise yacht as well as Great Bay Yacht Charters in Miami, Florida.
The University of Nebraska’s Food Processing Management Certificate Program with Andreia Bianchini Huebner, Research Assistant Professor in The Food Processing Center at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln. She has a B.S. degree in Food Engineering and a M.S. degree in Environmental and Agricultural Microbiology, both from Brazil. Her Ph.D. degree is in Food Science and Technology from the University of Nebraska - Lincoln. With a strong background in food safety, and molds and mycotoxins, her area of interest includes the development of quality control mechanisms and HACCP assistance focusing on food, dairy and feed products. She conducts applied research and provides technical advice, training activities for improvement of safety and quality of food and pet food processes. She is a member of the International Association for Food Protection and the Institute of Food Technologists.
1. Andreia’s introduction.
2. The U of N’s Food Processing Management Certificate Program.
3. What are the goals of the program?
4. How is the program conducted?
5. Who can apply for admission?
6. Current and future projects.
Andreia Bianchini Huebner, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor
Food Processing Center
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
229 FOOD Bldg.
Lincoln NE 68583-0919
Tel: (402) 909-0157
Ruth Ruane -- founded the White Witch trademark in Galaway Ireland in October 2005 when she developed the very first product: Oatmeal and Almond Milk Baby Bath. Ruth was raised in a family where simple food ingredients were used in the kitchen and these ingredients carried over into the bathroom for cosmetic purposes and even into the medicine cabinet as well. Ruth has a City & Guilds qualification in business and also holds a HACCP certification. She has studied herbs extensively for over 25 years and is currently studying natural perfumery. Ruth is also the editor of the online publication Nature's Nexus and administrates Natural Perfume Academy
Topic of interview:
Today we will be speaking with Ruth about natural healing ways where her journey began and how her company is bring forward amazing products focused on 100% all natural ingredients that not only heal and beautify but give back to the Earth:)
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (397 chatters)
- The Portal (21 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (10 chatters)
- Omega Man (8 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (8 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (8 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (7 chatters)
- HOV Radio (7 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (7 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (6 chatters)
- SHRAonair (6 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (6 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- thelordshour (5 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (5 chatters)
- 63289 (5 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (5 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (4 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (4 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (4 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (4 chatters)
- TimBinnall (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (3 chatters)
- Jeff Coats X Pitboss Waterfowl (3 chatters)
- Hickory Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (3 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Texas Conflict Coach (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Rick Moran (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Midwest LSA Expo 2014 (2 chatters)
- Patriot Family (2 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- Cynde Meyer (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (2 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Microsoft Princess Insider (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- A Christian Perspective (1 chatters)
- Abundant Living1 (1 chatters)
- Broderic Adams (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- EMONSTA (1 chatters)
- Indie Chick Radio (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Fins Radio (1 chatters)
- DiandraSmithXHall (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- ParaAnne (1 chatters)
- PASOS (1 chatters)
- Matt and Phil Show (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MBN (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Stephanie Hill Williams (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (0 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (0 chatters)
- Guy Time Live (0 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries Friends (0 chatters)
- American Statesman (0 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (0 chatters)