SORT BY Relevancy
Dr Chaps reports on these important issues:
* The New York Times admits that a Federal ban on assault weapons is ineffective.
* Part 1 of a news-making interview with Larry Pratt - Executive Director of Gun Owners of America — on the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
This week, a federal judge overturned Washington DC's 2009 gun ban saying it was unconstitutional. DC has some of the strictest (and most confusing) gun laws, but they're not without challenge. John Lott, president of Crime Prevention Research Center joins Joe to discuss the implications of this new ruling that wipes out the DC gun ban. Will we start seeing regular citizens in DC with guns holstered? Tune in!
Have you had your healthy dose of reality lately?
There are always at least two sides to every story. Have you ever wondered how someone, who saw the same thing you did, walked away telling a vastly different story? Which version was correct? Which one was the REAL story? Actually, both are! It’s just a matter of perspective.
Joe takes the issues… especially the controversial issues (politics, prejudice, religion, illegal immigration)… and brings in people from different sides to share their viewpoint. This is definitely not a fluff piece. And while no one is attacked, the questions are hard-hitting.
But the conversation is always respectful and you’re sure to learn something new, even if you don’t agree!
If you’ve always wondered how the “other side” thinks and how they’ve arrived at their “stand”, then this is the show for you!
It’s not the right side, it’s not the wrong side, but the REAL side of the issues!
http://www.christianmoney.com On this episode Jim discusses the federal court ruling that makes carrying a gun in the nation's capital now legal. Why did Amazon stock plummet and Facbook stock skyrocket this week? One man selling goldmine for Bitcoin. UFO reported by numerous witnesses this weekend in Toronto. NASA says that the earth had a near miss with a solar flare in 2012, one that could have wiped out all electronics and returned us to the stone age. The typical household has lost one third of its net worth since 2003 and LYFT is cleared to begin peer to peer ride sharing in all five boroughs of New York City.
WTF Indeed? Have you taken a good luck at what the rising gun culture in America is doing to the children of America?
A nine year old girl in Arizona shoots and kills her shooting instructor while he is teaching her to shoot an uzi.
A seven year old boy shhots himself in the chest while "practicing" shooting on his family's shooting range.
A four year old girl shoots her four year old cousin while playing with afully louded gun she found under her parents bed.
A three year old Wichita Kansas boy shoots himself in the chest with a gun he found while his Mom and her boyfriend were taking a nap.
While we would like to think these are isolated incidents, it is estimated that approximately 100 children are killed in gun accidents in the US every year.
Why are we seeing guns in the hands of so many children? Is this not a strong argument for gun control?
Why are gun manufacturers allowed to manufacture and sell guns designed to be used by children as young as four?
Should there be a legal minimum age at which a child should be allowed to operate a firearm?
On this week's show we will be discussing this the first topic in a series on American gun culture. As always if you have a comment or question please do call in (646)716-6583
Newsflash, Breaking News Journal is going to put every American who believes in proetecting themselves and their families and/or Properties through a Questionaire?
* Would You rather law abiding Americans be allowed to carry a weapons into stores, or be volunarable to persons carrying illegal weapons?
* Do you think that groups who boycott stores like kroegers are hurting Single Moms and dads who work for the stores and who need their jobs to support their families?
* Do you think groups who are forming across America against Kroegers are being backed by the same kinds of people that finacially back groups like Isis?
* Breaking News Journal Reporter Nohl Rosen has been tracking groups that are going after large companies to attempt to shut them down for allowing mom and pop gun owners to enter their establishments with guns that are legally registered and they have been given permission to carry. After these groups are successful closing down Kroegers they will finish the job by shutting down small businesses. That will be the end of America.
Large companies that can support new media like Breaking News Journal Media need to do so now, because we are the only New Service that is on the ground that actually reports on what is happening in our world. You can support us now on www.breakingnewsjournal.net and click on the Project Red Slipper link and help our reporters be able to get to the news, so you are informed. http://www.gofundme.com/yyles
Tonite (5.20.2014) we talked about:
Retired NFL players griping about playing injured.
JAMA (AMA journal) did a study and found that 49% of Americans believe in one or more conspiracy theories.
T-Bonz Steakhouse put up a sign "NO guns" and WE THE PEOPLE boycotted the criminals and they took the sign down.
Each year, more than 20,000 children and youth under age 20 are killed or injured by firearms in the United States.1 Thousands of young people are shot by peers, family members, or strangers, either intentionally or unintentionally. Thousands more use guns to attempt suicide, and these attempts prove successful more often than suicides attempted by other means.2 Countless other children and youth, though not injured or killed themselves, are survivors of gun violence, scarred by the effects of such violence in their homes, schools, or communities. Although children and youth are often victimized by gun violence, they also can become perpetrators, using guns to kill or maim others.
What is the answer to keeping guns out of the hands of our children?
Let's talk about it Wednesday night at 8pm on DPRADIOXL.
Joining Audrey for this week's REELTalk - ISIS, al Qaeda, Boko Haram, Hamas...all Islamic terrorist groups, but are our Armed Forces allowed to identify them as such? We'll discuss that and more with former Navy SEAL and author, CARL HIGBIE. PLUS, THE SMOKING GUN, we will NEVER stop arming you with more facts about our 2nd Amendment rights...it protects us from tyranny, and from the perps from which law enforcement may not be able to protect you. And we've got the top stories at the top of the show...don't miss a second!!
Dr. Chaps reports on these important issues:
* A study shows that the new Colorado gun laws are ineffective and wasting taxpayer dollars.
* Are democrats really promoting public safety or harming public safety?
* Interview with cowboy State Senator Randy Baumgardner on the 2nd Amendment.
Nathan Cortez, JD co-wrote an article on FDA regulation of mobile apps published in the July 24, 2014 issue of NEJM. Luckily, we snagged an opportunity to interview him - you can listen here.
We covered a wide variety of topics including:
Why regulate mHealth anyway?
The new FDA guidance — what needs to be regulated and what does not?
How does the FDA handle at continual updates of mobile health products – so different from the pharmaceuticals that they regulate? How do they decide whether an update constitutes a major change, requiring re-review and one that is minor and does not?
What is “substantially equivalence” and how is it being used in mHealth
How does the FDA handle mHealth products that provide consumer decision support (CDS)? What is the difference between low risk and high risk CDS?
Does the FDA have the right people/processes in place to provide oversight of mHealth?
Professor Cortez teaches and writes in the areas of health law, administrative law, and FDA law. His research focuses on emerging markets in health care and biotechnology. Prof. Cortez has become one of the world’s leading legal scholars on medical tourism, patient mobility, and cross-border health insurance, and has published several articles and book chapters on the legal and ethical implications of these phenomena. His research also addresses mobile health technologies, how to regulate innovations that disrupt static regulatory regimes, the First Amendment restraints on FDA regulation (including FDA's graphic tobacco warnings), immigration federalism, and alternative modes of regulation.
Join us for our weekly discussion of recent court cases, pending legislation, current legal topics and their impact on consumers, businesses owners and everyone in between. This week, we will be discussing gun laws and safety with our guests from TriggerSmart and Firearms Coalition.
TriggerSmart is an RFID device designed to increase gun safety and minimize the unauthorized use of firearms. The owner and creator will be with us to discuss his very unique device.
Chris Knox is a respected writer and Second Amendment advocate within the firearm enthusiast community.
The show is hosted by New Jersey business and personal law attorney Peter J. Lamont.
We encourage listeners to call in with their legal questions about the topics being discussed. However, we are also happy to answer legal questions that are unrelated to that week's topic. To call into the show during the live brodcast please dial (347) 855-8831. To speak with us off the air, please dial (973) 949-3770.
This weekly program is a service of the Law Offices of Peter J. Lamont. The firm has offices located in NJ, NY, CO and PR. The firm serves both business and personal law clients in a variety of matters. Additionally, the firm has industry specific practice groups for industries including kitchen & bath companies, interior design firms and commercial/residential cleanup companies.
For more information about the firm please visit www.peterlamontesq.com.
For more informaiton about Understanding the Law Radio please visit www.understandingthelawradio.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (102 chatters)
- thelordshour (40 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (16 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (15 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (15 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (12 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (12 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (11 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (10 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (10 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (8 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (8 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (8 chatters)
- WitchTalk Radio0 (7 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (7 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- Fins Radio (6 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- Twin Radio (5 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (5 chatters)
- 3 Counselors and a Couch (5 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Omega Man (4 chatters)
- ShamanBarbandB (4 chatters)
- Electric KoolAid for the Road (4 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- Wajm Radio (3 chatters)
- wayneG (3 chatters)
- TNNDN (3 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (3 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (3 chatters)
- in5d (3 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (3 chatters)
- 64403 (2 chatters)
- BC Interruption Radio (2 chatters)
- Internationaldynastyartists (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (2 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (2 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (2 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- Moreliapythonradio (2 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (2 chatters)
- New Colony Network (2 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (2 chatters)
- Life Conversations (2 chatters)
- The Peoples America (2 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (2 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (2 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn (2 chatters)
- The Knicks at Nite Show (2 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (2 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (2 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (2 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (2 chatters)
- Your Enlightenment Zone (2 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (1 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Mompreneur Show (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (1 chatters)
- The Power Podcast (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- TEOTW (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Music4LifeUSA (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters0 (1 chatters)
- Michael Bonner (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- RefJeremy (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- SLZE Sports (1 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- GrownFolksBizness (1 chatters)
- House of Hu Humanity United (1 chatters)
- InThePaint (1 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Bellesprit (1 chatters)
- BishopDerianHouse (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Brighter Business Empower (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- 1twopunch (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Kelly Outdoors (0 chatters)
- manofgod7 (0 chatters)