SORT BY Relevancy
Join The Gist of Freedom as we speak with two Gist family genealogists, Dr. Natalie Pierce and Mr. James E. Gist.
Peter Gist Still the long lost enslaved brother of the Father of The Underground Railroad, William Still. After 40 years Peter is reunited with his mother Charity Still!
Samuel Gist was a resident of Great Britain and Virginia. In his will, Gist insisted his daughter free all the slaves she owned on the Gould Hill Plantation in Virginia. She complied and establish 6 free Gist Settlements throughout Ohio. Many of the descendants of the enslaved Gist settlers still live on the settlement.
Samuel Gist was orphaned. In 1739, he was shipped to Virginia where he was indentured.
Sequoyah (George Gist) created the Cherokee alphabet, the syllabary.
Secessionist South Carolina Governor – William Henry Gist, 1858-1860 The first to secede
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (50 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (25 chatters)
- Amy Peikoff (22 chatters)
- Robert Phoenix (15 chatters)
- Southern Sense Talk Radio (7 chatters)
- Male MilSpouse Radio Show (5 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (4 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (3 chatters)
- Triple Dark (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- George Gomond Radio (2 chatters)
- BucketofPucks (1 chatters)
- 65457 (1 chatters)
- Janice Lindstrom (1 chatters)
- TalkSouthRadio (1 chatters)