SORT BY Relevancy
How to succeed in global health by becoming a global health leader. In this show,, we will have Dr. Eoba Lubunga from the Democratic Republic of Congo, a global health leader that is doing innovative work to achieve quality health care for all and fullfill his career mission in his country.
This show will present the work of leaders from all over the world who work hard to help their countries healthier. The show is hosted by Dr. Elvira Beracochea, global health leader, mentor and coach and MIDEGO CEO. Come and learn about what it takes to succeed in global health and talk with leaders have learned how to succeed in the professional careers by helping their patients and country deliver better health for all!
This show will present the views, successes and challenges of Global Health Leaders all over the world. Stanley Ndawula from Uganda will join us as well as Dr. Chidi Ukandu from Nigeria.
Global heatlh is about how health professionals who are developing the world and saving more lives. They are leaders and we need to get their message heard and they need our support.
Join us for another great program full of good news and effective ideas in global health!
To learn more about global health leadership, visit www.midego.com.
Our guest, Andrea Menefee, was unable to join us this week so we are re-broadcasting a previous discussion about what you can do to have a successful career in Global Health!
This week, Dr. Elvira speak with Laura Altobelli, a public health professional specializing in international maternal child health and nutrition. They will discuss her work in Peru and share advice and suggestions about what it takes to be successful in the field of Global Health.
Dr. Altobelli is Country Director in Peru for the international non-profit Future Generations, based out of Franklin, WV, whose founders were/are professors at The Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health. She has worked for many years in community-based health programs, mainly in Latin America, beginning as a Peace Corps volunteer in the 1970s, continuing as a researcher, evaluator, and project consultant on community health and nutrition programs for a variety of international cooperation agencies and NGOs. She currently conceptualizes, designs, manages, and provides guidance for the work of Future Generations/Peru among hundreds of community health clinics and programs throughout Peru, conducts health policy research and advocates for policy changes with the government health ministry. She also teaches maternal and child health in the School of Public Health and Administration of the Peruvian Cayetano Heredia University in Lima, and teaches during the residential module in Peru for the Future Generations Graduate School Master´s Program in Applied Conservation and Community Change.
She has a Doctor of Public Health in Maternal and Child Health, and a Master of Public Health in International Health, both from The Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health in Baltimore, Maryland
“Global Health Leaders” is a unique radio show that shows how global health leaders are making a difference. This week’s show will be about the work of Dr. Eoba Lubunga, a leader in reducing violence against women in DRCongo. The show will be at 9 am Eastern Standard time on Friday, February 8th. Dr. Elvira will interview Dr. Lubunga to learn about his work, his hospital and the communities he is changing 1% at a time every day.
Dr. Elvira will speak with Dr. Elliot Sorel this week about mental health and NCDs.
Eliot Sorel, M.D., D.L.F.A.P.A., is an internationally recognized global health leader, educator, health systems policy expert and practicing physician. Dr. Sorel.co-chairs the World Psychiatric Association’s Task Force on non-communicable diseases and integrated car. was and was recently appointed by Dr. David Satcher to the US Oversight Committee on Health Disparities He is a member of the Board of Trustees Work Group on American Health Reform and of the Council on Healthcare Systems and Financing, both of the American Psychiatric Association. He has professorial appointments in Global Health, Health Services Management and Leadership in the School of Public Health as well as in Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences in the School of Medicine at George Washington University. Dr. Sorel is a former President of the Medical Society of the District of Columbia, the World Association for Social Psychiatry, the Washington Psychiatric Society and has served as a United States National Institutes of Health/Fogarty International Center grants reviewer. He is a Life Member of the American Medical Association, a Fellow of the American College of Psychiatrists, and a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. He did his psychiatric training at Yale University, obtained his B.A. from New York University, and M.D. from the State University of New York. He has developed and led health systems in North America and the Caribbean, has consulted and taught in more than twenty countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Dr. Sorel is the author of more than sixty scientific papers and book chapters and the editor of seven books.
Join Host Live Chats
- thisisit4321 (87 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (30 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (29 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (29 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (25 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (22 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (18 chatters)
- Odwirafo (17 chatters)
- joeprichradio3 (10 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (9 chatters)
- Traditional American Patriots (9 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (8 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (8 chatters)
- PMN Radio Network (6 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- FoReRadio (5 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (5 chatters)
- The Captain0 (5 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Front Row At The Freak Show (4 chatters)
- SSRN (4 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (3 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (3 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (3 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution Radio (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (2 chatters)
- The Urban Release (2 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Ask Cathleen Network (1 chatters)
- Big D Darryl B (1 chatters)