SORT BY Relevancy
(S5) Street Player Presents...
Grammy/Platinum Award Winner Gerald Alston Lead Singer of "The Manhattans" joins GD on A Touch of Grace @ 1:30PM, Thursday, 6/12/2014. To listen to the show click the link,or: ON DAY OF SHOW ONLY: Call in to speak with the host 347-215-7169.
THE MANHATTANS featuring Gerald Alston & Blue Lovett, along with Troy May & David Tyson bring stellar legacy to the stage. With all time hits such as "Kiss and Say Goodbye" and "Shining Star" along with numerous other hits, there is no doubt that THE MANHATTANS are here to stay!
About Gerald Alston:
As any R&B enthusiast will attest, the name Gerald Alston has always been synonymous with soul, elegance and sophistication. Born and raised in Henderson, North Carolina where both his mother and father sang
gospel music, Gerald was raised on the gospel music he heard in church and at home (his uncle, Johnny Fields is one of the Five Blind Boys of Alabama). Enroute to a college degree as a pre-med student with a music minor, the fates
intervened and Gerald left college to join The Manhattans as lead singer.
After sixteen years, Gerald left to pursue a solo career. His 1987debut album with Motown Records was entitled "Gerald Alston" followed by "Open Invitation" in 1990. His third album in 1992 "Always In The Mood" was a blend of classic R&B songs with 90's music and nuances. In 1993, Gerald signed with Scottie Brothers/Street Life Records and recorded
his debut album entitled "1st Class Only" which he believes is one of the best albums he recorded.
Join Host Live Chats
- The Yaron Brook Show (68 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (13 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (11 chatters)
- Ring of Fire Ministries (11 chatters)
- Yash Radio with Lovely Ro (10 chatters)
- The Open Circle (6 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (5 chatters)
- Caroline Sutherland (5 chatters)
- VernonHale (5 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (4 chatters)
- Boomer and The Babe Network (4 chatters)
- Angelic Light Stream (3 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- BRENDABRADSHAW (2 chatters)
- Universal Energy (2 chatters)
- The Conservative Cauldron (2 chatters)
- Denise Brown (1 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (1 chatters)
- Let Me Tell You About My Jesus (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (1 chatters)