SORT BY Relevancy
This past Friday my cousin Edwin Temple and I spent sometime conducting genealogy research on the Temple, Vining, Harrell and Richardson Family. On the second floor at the Amite Branch Library you will find a genealogy library and archival room. We spent most of our time looking in old books and looking at photographs.
A couple of years back, a former school teacher named Mrs. Grace Walker Perry donated a photograph album of African American pioneers, educators and other programs can be found in the album.
Please join host Antoinette Harrell and her special Edwin Temple for this upcoming discussion on African American Genealogy Research in Amite, Louisiana.
Tonights show takes on an important Topic; of the historical backdrop in Genealogy. Genealogy is a word used to describe a line of descent traced continuously from an ancestor to you. There are direct ancestors and others on the branch who are blood relatives. For me Genealogy is not only locating ancestors but profiling them through the historical context in which they lived. This is important especially with Native and African Ancestors whose history is mirred with movements they had no control over.
Notes and Documents of Free Persons of Color and Black Minqua The Life and times of Henry Green are now available for purchase through Amazon.com or the Leboudin Site.
Available at Leboudin Site
If you are a genealogist or family historian have you thought about what will happen to all your years of research material, family records, photographs and other important documents? Join Host and Genealogist Antoinette Harrell for this upcoming discussion.
Have you thought about researching in old barns, attics, basements and other places that may house records that isn't in libraries, universities, the National Archives, State Archvies and other places where documents, records, photographs are held? Peonage Researcher & Genealogist Antoinette Harrell has proving without a shadow of a doubt that genealogy researchers and family historians should be looking in places that many may over look when researching their family history. Especially as it relates to slavery and sharecroppers research. Please join genealogist and host Antoinette Harrell for this discussion.
"Maximize Your Genealogy Research at the Alexandria Library, Special Collections", with Leslie Anderson.
Natonne Elaine Kemp welcomes Leslie Anderson, Reference Librarian in Special Collections, Alexandria Library and co-author of Alexandria and editor of the multi-volume Virginia Slave Births Index, 1853-1865. She is on the Board of Governors of the Virginia Genealogical Society, a member of the Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society, the National Genealogical Society, and several Virginia and Pennsylvania genealogical societies. Ms. Anderson received her Master's of Science in Library Science degree from Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio and her Bachelor of Arts degree in American Studies from Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut. She has participated in the Virginia Institute of Genealogical Research, the National Institute on Genealogical Research, the University of Virginia's Rare Book School, Samford University’s Institute of Genealogical and Historical Research, and the Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh. Her articles have appeared in the Magazine of Virginia Genealogy and The Virginia Genealogical Society Newsletter.
This show will deal with helping people find their lost relatives and break their"Brick Walls" in their genealogy research
If you are one of genealogist and family historians who are reasearching their family history who may have run into a brick wall. Well I have some good news for you. You may want to start looking in the community. For the past year I have been scouting around the Amite, Louisiana community looking for photographs, oral histories, and any other documents I can get my hands on. I have found photographs and other famlly documents from people in the community. Your family members for the most part attended church, school and many belonged to some club or organziations in the community. The community is a great place to look. Please join genealogist and host Antoinette Harrell for this discussion.
Archivist, paleographer and historical researcher Peter Foden joins Jane from the United Kingdom today to talk about using English manorial records to track your colonial American family, whether they were in New England or Virginia, to their roots in England. Peter will discuss what types of records can be found in the manor records, how to use the records, what information can be found in the records, and the challenges in using these records from the 17th and 16th centuries -- including the penmanship and language. (Many of the records are in Latin!)
Peter has worked in local authority archive services in Shropshire and Staffordshire, in education, and in business (the Oxford University Press and Boots the Chemist). He is currently providing archive consultancy services to a stately home, amongst the other freelance activities listed on this website. He is a member of the Archives and Records Association (UK & Ireland).
international bestselling author Dr. Cheryl Lentz, The Academic Entrepreneur™.
Meet the scholars of the award winning doctoral anthology series: The Refractive Thinker®, where we focus on getting doctoral research off the coffee table and into the hands of business owners who can benefit from the results. Academic solutions for business results.
Join us each week for 30 minutes of thought provoking radio, every Tuesday Morning at 9 am MST, designed to discuss emerging topics in higher education and business. We will meet today’s industry thought leaders and college professors leading the way.
This week’s guest is Dr. Joseph Pugh with experience in the mililtary (U.S. Army), corporate, and academic landscapes.
For additional information regarding the award winning series, The Refractive Thinker®, to learn about doctoral scholars in our community, as well as to purchase books in the series, visit www.RefractiveThinker.com; Books may be purchased in paperback and eBooks, as well as eChapters available on Kindle via Amazon.com
Join your ParaNation host, Alex Matsuo, as she interviews Mr. John G. Kruth, Executive Director of the prestigious Rhine Research Center, a nonprofit scientific research center that studies parapsychology. The mission of the Rhine Research Center to explore the frontiers of consciousness and exceptional human experiences in the context of unusual and unexplained phenomena. The Rhine’s mission is to advance the science of parapsychology, to provide education and resources for the public, and to foster a community for individuals with personal and professional interest in PSI.
The chat room will be open and the lines will be open for calls! This is a show not to be missed!
GBBLive returns to its normal Thursday night time slot at 7 CT talking the week that was in Grizzly Bear Blues, and man, what a week!
Host Joe Mullinax will be joined by a special guest, GBB Senior Staff Writer Keith Edwards in the first segment! It'll be the first time Keith has been on since the season ended, so we will be sure to get Keith's overall perspective on the Grizzlies' offseason this far and also look ahead to the 2014 FIBA World Cup, in which Memphis' own Marc Gasol will participate. The guys will also talk about GBB's huge expansion over the past 8 days.
In the second segment Joe will welcome Ben Hogan, the producer of 92.9 ESPN in Memphis' "Eric Hasseltine" show, back to the program. Ben has been an excellent guest in the past and his perspective on Grizzlies offseason moves will be great to hear.
All this and more on the newest episode of Grizzly Bear Blues Live! Follow us on Twitter @GBBLive and be sure to sign up for Audible.com using this URL www.audibletrial.com/grizzlybearblues to get an audio book download and help GBBLive support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (53 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (48 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (30 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (28 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (25 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (24 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (17 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (14 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- drkate (11 chatters)
- in5d (11 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (10 chatters)
- Body of Christ (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (10 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (9 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (8 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (7 chatters)
- the klicious show (7 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (6 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (5 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (5 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (4 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (4 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (4 chatters)
- Rifleman (4 chatters)
- Raw Sex (4 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (3 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- Disasterpiece Theater (3 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- The Seika Network (3 chatters)
- TSBRadio (3 chatters)
- URBAN CONTROVERSY RADIO SHOW (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (2 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (2 chatters)
- Packers Talk Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Live with Shirley (2 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- Big Ticket Talk wX The Curtsy Crew (2 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Bonnie Kaye (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Forecast Radio (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- Fire Weekly (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Iconici Radio MMA (1 chatters)
- 16 Bit Assassins (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (1 chatters)
- The Program Returns (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (1 chatters)