SORT BY Relevancy
From NBC the Late Show with Seth Meyers
The first time Anderson Cooper met Seth Meyers, the CNN anchor admits the former SNL star made his gaydar go off.
As Anderson revealed during a visit with Seth on last night's edition of Late Night, the two used to work out at the same gym. "It was pretty much the gayest gym on the planet," Anderson told Seth, "and I assumed you were gay because there weren’t a lot of other reasons to be there."
"It was before you officially game out," responded Seth, "so I thought it was [a] straight [gym] because you were there.
Tonight Huffington Post Columnist Rachel Thompson and Writer/Critic Bennet Pomerantz discussion of the term GAYDAR
Our guest is the author Bradford Noble, author Dating Bradford and life coast
in case you dont know what is it..Gaydar (a portmanteau of gay and radar) is a colloquialism referring to the intuitive ability of a person to assess others' sexual orientations as gay, bisexual or heterosexual. Gaydar relies almost exclusively on non-verbal clues and LGBT stereotypes. These include (but are not limited to) the sensitivity to social behaviors and mannerisms; for instance, acknowledging flamboyant body language, the tone of voice used by a person when speaking, overtly rejecting traditional gender roles, a person's occupation, and grooming habits.
So it's been said that we have "gaydar"...but does it always work? Has your gaydar ever led you to a straight woman? Lol, we'll explore this topic tonight. It should get interesting...
Join us for part two of Barb’s interview with Gay Girl Dating Coach Mary Malia. Barb and Mary dive deeper into the topic of reading body language and The Three Touch Approach to produce amazing results.
Barb and Mary discuss the power of three and how by the time you take three easy steps you will know if this is the woman to ask out on a date. In the Lasting Lesbian Love community, threes are used frequently and Barb advises women that less is more and that keeping it simple leads to L3 more often than you think.
For example: Listen in as Mary shares the three touch approach as a very simple yet powerful method to “warm” a woman up so you can introduce yourself with confidence. Mary describes real life examples in which you can use this approach to ask a woman out.
Many of us have been in situations where we may notice a woman across the roomand never make eye contact or approach her because of a lack of confidence or an uncertainty of whether or not the woman is gay. These missed opportunities leave us fatigued at the end of the day and wishing we had done something!
Barb advises listeners on the importance of trusting your own feelings of attraction, leaving your “gaydar” at home and “closing the loop” in order to achieve L3.
Click here and SUBSCRIBE to our 2x monthly newsletter 'Lasting Lesbian Love Notes' and receive
your complimentary BONUS MP3 three part audio "Hottest Secrets to Lasting Lesbian Love".
Genia is joined by a special guest, Shae, to discuss the question 'Do I Look Gay?'
Genia and Shae discuss how Shae feels about people automatically assuming he's gay, based on the way he looks and carries himself. Even though Shae is indeed a gay man, he wants to be able to be himself, feel comfortable in his own skin and not have people's gaydar going off when he steps into a room.
Genia and Shae also discuss gay stereotypes and how Shae's "level of masculinity' affects his romantic life.
Listen to more SistersTalk Radio. Subscribe to SistersTalk Radio on iTunes. Follow Genia on Twitter. Become a SistersTalk Radio fan on Facebook.
You know us Divas, never really get to talk about what we REALLY want to talk about, so we are continuing into Part 2 of Last Nights show, and Finally get back on topic as well :P
Plus, 2 new topics for you to laugh, think and hopefully have some fun chatting/talking to us ahahah
w/ Special Guests: Candylicious & Janelle
-The Queer View
Why are all the straight guys gay? Seems like its the new "Straight" thing to do these days. What do you think & we will tell you what we think.
-The Queer View
What are the signs of a down low man/woman.
1. He spends more time with his boys than with you.If your guy spends more time with his "boys," or one in particular that you have yet to meet, there's a reason for this!
2. He's extremely homophobic.If your man has an extreme dislike for flamboyant gay men or your gay friends, so much so that he can't stand to be around them, then he's got something to hide and he's terrified of being exposed by the "gaydar."
3. He wants to engage in a threesome with another guy.Red flag. If he wants to have a threesome with you and another guy, this is bad. No straight man wants to see his girl getting down with another guy. If your dude has had a threesome in the past with one of his "boys" and a "jumpoff," that's two too many testicles in a sexual scenario! He's gay.
4. He steals your panties.In some cases, this is okay. Plenty of women have found a set of her panties at her mans place without knowing that he took them, in most cases this is healthy. But, if your man is stealing your thongs and panties in excessive amounts, he's quietly trying them on and wearing them.
5. He has overly-feminine gestures.If your guy rolls his neck, sucks his teeth, fold his arms and stomps away when he gets mad, he's more than "feminine." If he throws his hands to his mouth and rolls his eyes back when he get excited, or walks with more of a switch than you do, he's a certified b*h and you knew this already, but just wanted a gay friend, right?
While these signs are NOT psychotherapist certified, they're simply things to pay attention to if you're not sure that the man you're seeing is as straight as he claims. Even though you may have a weakness for "pretty-boys" or hard criminals, the truth is "gay" has no look or preference, ladies (and men) be smart and always SAFE!
Penelope and Otto discuss the science of Gaydar. Is this something we need to know about? How it might be a benefit or a detriment? We also discuss the state of dental disrepair in rural America and other timely subjects.
Call in at (718) 508-9683 to join in the conversation or just listen in!
IF YOU LISTENED LAST WEEK YOU WILL APPRECIATE THIS SPIN OFF TOPIC - ONCE GAY - ALWAYS GAY? IS HOMOSEXUAL EXPERIMENTATION JUST THAT? OR IS IT DENIAL? HAVE YOU EVER DATED SOME ONE WHO CLAIMED THEY WERE FORMERLY GAY - BUT CHANGED? DO WOMEN COUNT? IS GAYDAR REAL? WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GAYDAR IS WRONG? DO MEN CARE IF A WOMEN USED TO BE LESBIAN OR BI? - THIS - PLUS OUR SPECIAL GUEST WHO PUTS ON HOW TO FIGURE OUT WHO IS LIVING A LIE AND MORE! TUESDAY 8PM EST. 5PM CENTRAL.
Fem on Fem , Sex Toys , Lesbian stars , Lesbian/Gay Marriage , Gay Pride , LGBT in the Army ? Touch Me Nots, Straight Perceptions On The Gay Community And The Difficulties Of Having Straight Friends When Your Gay , Dating Fems / Studs Younger Than Yurself . Whats is Gaydar ?
Libertarian-Conservative Miller Frost, America's favorite self-loathing homosexual, continues chronicling the latest in absurd gay and other odds and ends news. On Deck: National HIV Testing Week, gay wedding attire etiquette, Batesville Daily Guard vs. gay rights groups, Tranny Time News Block, Hillary loves Gaga, ovulating women's gaydar, counselor Jim McGreevey, Gay Bullying News Block, Facebook blocks gay kiss, suing Abercrombie over a hijab, pet donkeys, environmental literacy, drunk driving with a corpse, harassing the husband's ex, more perverted school kids, auto eroticism... literally, horse semen shots, breast milk as a weapon and the return of the Boulder poo guy.
Join Host Live Chats
- The Wacko Network (10 chatters)
- The Cosmic Citizen (7 chatters)
- The Don Smith Show (6 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (6 chatters)
- christianpsychicbrendabradshaw (4 chatters)
- CONNECT1 (4 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (3 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (2 chatters)
- NDB Media Sports Channel (1 chatters)
- Social Change Action Network (1 chatters)
- The 2nd Revolution (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Bright Side with Tekneshia (0 chatters)