SORT BY Relevancy
With the release of her seventh full-length album and a brand new endorsement deal with Two Old Hippies, who worked with Breedlove Guitars to build her a new custom-made guitar, Katie Garibaldi has proven herself to be an artist with undeniable talent and lasting appeal. Based in the golden city of San Francisco, this determined and enthusiastic singer/songwriter/guitarist is an avid national touring performer who has amassed a devoted fan base, due in large part to her engaging live shows and a personal connection to her listeners through her music. Katie sings with an emotional resonance that, combined with her catchy melodic songs and her soulfully expressive vocals, captures her audience wherever she performs. While she’s been compared to household names such as Sheryl Crow, Jewel, and Taylor Swift, Katie has a charismatic musical style all her own wherein her equally pop- and country-tinged folk-rock gives her a distinct and edgy sound—Americana with sparkling and memorable melodies.
Dr. Chaps reports on these important issues:
* The debate over taxpayer financing for the National Endowment for the Arts is not over.
* Exclusive interview with David Garibaldi, an inspiring young painter whose faith in Jesus Christ and fast-moving on-stage performance brings crowds to their feet.
In our previous episode, the Write Pack explored the Necessary Villain. Now, we explore how to avoid an easy trap many beginning—and even some veteran writers fall into—the boring hero. Heroes who seem able to conquer any villain, face the darkest elements of man and not bat an eye may have been the stable of fiction centuries ago, but now they are a sure cure for insomnia. What makes the hero of a story . . . a real yawn stimulator? Are there common traits?
Can you rehabilitate a boring hero? Is there a way to make the Superman hero in your story cry and bleed? Must they bleed? Why can’t they just get the treasure and be happy?
What must you do to make the Hero necessary to the story? Or is the hero nothing more than a literary version of the zombie ant?
You can find Write Pack Radio on Facebook, Twitter, Blog Talk Radio and iTunes.
Daniel P. Quinn is the founder of Arts PR Unlimited, Inc. in Montclair, NJ, that produces and directs On & Off-Broadway shows. Mr. Quinn is an Award Winning Producer, Director, Writer. His notable works included the World Premiere production of Janet. Noble's Away Alone; the NY Premiere of Graham Reid's Remembrance, the NY Premiere of Tom Murphy's The Gigli Concert with Kate Burton in a well received staged reading and the Obie Award for Tim McDonnell as Best Actor in Diary of a Madman. Quinn is immersed in intercultural programming, opera and theater.
To commemmorate a time in history where the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) galvanized a strike against the Paterson Silk Industry in search for better wages, establish an 8 hour work schedule, age limits and better working conditions Daniel P. Quinn of Arts PR Unlimited and Christina Ibbotson, Author, Blog Talk Radio Producer & Host of ChrisCross Radio and founder of ChrisIbby & Co. LLC invite you to a Benefit Gala at Biricchino Restaurant on June 7, 2013 in New York City.
Tickets: $150-PP for ArtsPRunlimited, Inc., POBox 1794, Montclair, NJ 07042; includes dinner and program, cash bar with Northern Italian cuisine. 212-695-6690 to RSVP.
Nice (nis) is the fifth most populous city in France, after Paris, Marseille, Lyon and Toulouse, with a population of 348,721 within its administrative limits on a land area of 71.92 km2 (28 sq mi). The urban area of Nice extends beyond the administrative city limits with a population of about 1 millionon an area of 721 km2 (278 sq mi) Located on the south east coast of France on the Mediterranean Sea, Nice is the second-largest French city on the Mediterranean coast after Marseille.
The city is called Nice la Belle, which means Nice the Beautiful, which is also the title of the unofficial anthem of Nice, written by Menica Rondelly in 1912. Nice is the capital of the Alpes Maritimes departement and the second biggest city of the Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur region after Marseille...more on www.avtravel.org
A view along the "Promenade des Anglais" in Nice at night. 2004, WM Connolley. Hotel Negresso, Nice, 2007, Kbeigan. St Reparate Cathedral, Nice, 2009, Rudolf Simon. Nice residents of Vietnamese descent stand in front of one of the many Vietnamese restaurants of the city.2011, Bektour. Jazz Festival Poster
Noticias Lunes 6 Agosto 2012 - AMLO debería ir al siquiatra: Diputada PRI - Terricolas invaden Marte - Asesino de Templo Sij - Un Hombre normal (NEONAZI) - Chavela Vargas en Plaza Garibaldi Esto y mas a las 10pm en Vivo desde el Sur de California
in Indie Music
Join us on Monday, May 23, 2011 beginning at 7:00 PM (CST) for 2 hours of the best independent music and interviews with emerging Artists from around the World.
This week we'll be playing music and interviewing with the likes of Marc Black, Tatiana Moroz, Kelly Richey, Katie Garibaldi, Lisa Sheppard and a special guest interview with Evan Lowenstein of StageIt.com... Come join us Monday night starting at 7:00 PM (CST)
Special Guest: Esteban Velasquez
Esteban Velasquez will be opening for Mariachi Vargas at American Bank Center Selena Auditorium on March 7, 2009. After graduating at 18, he auditioned for the show La Academia and was the only U.S. citizen on the show, which was filmed in Mexico. Esteban was a huge hit on La Academia, which is like American Idol and Big Brother melded into one show. Esteban even has a channel devoted to him on Youtube, and he was named 2007 Best in the U.S. Mariachi Vocalist at the Mariachi Vargas Extravaganza Vocal Competition.
Catch Esteban in a special performance at Club Viva in Corpus Christi, Texas, on March 6th during a "meet & greet" with him and members of the world-renowned Mariachi Vargas.
We'll be interviewing Esteban at 1:00 p.m. CST live from Taqueria Garibaldi (200 N. Staples) in Corpus Christi, Texas. You're welcome to join us, if you're in the area!
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (88 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (20 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (19 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (16 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (12 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (11 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (11 chatters)
- Donny C (8 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (7 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (6 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (6 chatters)
- Witch School (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (5 chatters)
- Alex Cardinale Network (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Papa CE (4 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (3 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (3 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (3 chatters)
- The DG Show (3 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (3 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (3 chatters)
- Authors Supporting Authors (3 chatters)
- African On The Move (3 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (3 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- The Element of Magick (2 chatters)
- The Prophetic Hour (2 chatters)
- So-Called Fantasy Experts (2 chatters)
- onCUE Radio Show (2 chatters)
- PJewels Voice (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- The George Wilder Jr Show (1 chatters)
- GLOW 365 (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Destiny Empowerment Radio (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- World Ingathering of YisraEL (1 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (1 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (0 chatters)