SORT BY Relevancy
Mag Blog Radio will be bringing a taste of those Hollywood awards shows, as we bring the 2014 Foster Children's Day Awards on December 7th. In the spirit of Hollywood, we will be bringing back some of our favorite celebrity guests to present Foster Children's Day Awards to former foster youth who are dedicated to inspiring younger generations of foster youth to overcome the obstacles and stigmas that are typically attached to life in foster care. Not only do these Foster Children's Day Award recipients inspire younger generations of foster youth, they inspire those in their respective communities to become more effective leaders and advocates.
Celebrity Award Presenters include:
Erin Morgart - Mrs. Galaxy Virginia 2012
Jon D'Amore - Author of "The Boss Always Sits in the Back"
Michael Gregory - Actor who was the first to play Dr. Rick Webber in ABC's General Hospital
Mary Tidlund, a founding member of the Foundation was adopted at the age of 7 by a loving Calgary family. Along with 3 other adopted children, Mary shared her childhood with at least 40 other foster children that her parents nurtured and loved. She knew at a young age the importance of giving and receiving and that she would give back in some way. Early in her business life she organized functions for hundreds of Calgarians where the proceeds would be given to the Red Cross - Bangladesh projects. In Saskatchewan where she operated her businesses she annually contributed funds for educational advancement for children. In 1998, after extensive world travels, she realized she could do far more by creating a formal structure and using her skills with others to aid in areas where they could identify medical, literacy and the alleviation of poverty needs. The foundation was registered and now she can continue to give back what has been given to her, to everyone everywhere with medical, literacy and the alleviation of poverty needs.
Subscribe to Sylvia Global Media at: http://www.youtube.com/user/SylviaGlobal
in Self Help
Comfort Cases for Children in Foster Care: It Takes a Village! Join Us!
We often take our lives for granted. There are children across the United States that drifts from pillar to post daily. Ideally when we imagine childhood, we envision smiling faces and endless giggles. However, this is not always the actuality for countless youth. Children are experiencing the unthinkable. We must open our minds and hearts to this crude reality. Tonight Kathy Jackson the "Pajama Drive" Mom and Rob Scheer, Founder/CEO of Comfort Cases will share how they combat the dilemma.
Knowledge Always Empowers!
So, Let’s Talk!
Questions for the guest can be answered live or text them to me Sheba Holly at 202 288 0676.
Learn More About Pajama Drive and Comfort Cases:
Kathy Jackson Pajama Drive
Proclaim It Radio presents Yoga Foster with Nicole Cardoza
Nicole Cardoza launched her non-profit after her volunteer initiative as a yoga teacher in schools made her realize first-hand the importance of quality, accessible programs that increase creative aptitude. She has trained with Om Schooled, Cosmic Kids Yoga and Mindful Schools, and is a former piano teacher. She's a regular contributor to Mind Body Green and Do You Yoga, a GOOD Local leader in NYC, a 2014 PHA Innovation finalist, and has been noted as one of the Top 10 Millennials Who Are Changing the World by ABC and featured on NBC's primetime show School Pride for her volunteer initiatives.
Call in and Press 1 to ask a question
1. We'll get through the holidays. It's a straight world, straight holiday...we need to look helping LGBT youth. Fred will give stats on LGBT youth and foster care. Dave has stat on rise in LGBT youth homelessness AFTER marriage equality in NY was passed. Holidays are "coming out" season. Look. Assess your situation. Act in your best interest.
2. There are options to get away from tough situations, even if temporarily, from walks, to chatrooms, to creating a music concert on YouTube, watching LGBT movies on Hulu, Netflix, YouTube. Connect with friends on Facebook, Instagram, etc. Find a trusted relative or friend. Dave and Fred
3. Be good to yourself. Don't resort to alcohol/drugs. Short-term solution down a dark road
Monica Young presents..."Kids of The Kingdom" the radio program designed for youth, teenagers and young adults to rediscover the Kingdom and discover their purpose, identity and divine destiny. On this broadcast you will experience Bible readings, stories, skits and interactive talk. You and your children will learn dynamic truths concerning Christ the King, His Kingdom and your part in His royal family.
BIBLE STORYLAND IS A RADIO TALK SHOW TELLING PEOPLE OF ALL AGES FROM BABIES THROUGH SENIORS ABOUT THE LOVE JESUS HAS FOR THEM THROUGH SONGS, BIBLE STORIES AND PRAYER. JESUS SAID, "SUFFER LITTLE CHILDREN TO COME UNTO ME AND FORBID THEM NOT FOR OF SUCH IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. MATTHEW 19:14
Join Host Live Chats
- TheRightSideofThings (18 chatters)
- Straitway (14 chatters)
- Witch School (11 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (11 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (6 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (5 chatters)
- The Portal (4 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (3 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (3 chatters)
- Soulful Healing Talk Show (2 chatters)
- The Essence of Success Network (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Moiko Records Radio (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Elegeant (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- prophecynewsandviews (0 chatters)