SORT BY Relevancy
On this episode, SimplyNay takes a serious look at suicide among Women of Color. This conversation is prompted by the recent suicide of "For Brown Girls" creator Karyn Washington. How does a beautiful, intelligent and inspiring young woman take her life at 22 years old? Does being a public figure in a social media society make it hard to hurt or heal? We will discuss this and more.
Today we will be talking to The District of Curves team: Mickey Armstrong (Creator & Executive Producer) Valerie Coles ( the Business Manager) and LaDàna Drigo of Above Prestige Public Relations about DC's Full Figured Fashion Showcase.
Also we will be honoring Karyn Washington founded For Brown Girls, then launched her #DarkSkinRedLip initiative after rapper A$ap Rocky cautioned dark skinned girls against wearing red lipstick who has died from an apperent suicide.
the COOL CRITICS tackle VOTER APATHY today on the show, suggested by Nenaji Jackson & suggested by Sandra Rodney, Karyn Washington, founder of FOR BROWN GIRLS BLOG, is found dead. Why is there still a conflict between the colors of the darkskin personnel in the world of the colored?
We have conversation about anything - this is your invitation to listen. To call in? 347-205-9366 - Join the COOL CRITICS right here on the JKN.
Meet author Stephen W. Hiemstra. I'll be interviewing him about his book, A Christian Guide to Spirituality: Foundations for Disciples
About the book:
A Christian Guide to Spirituality takes the form of 50 daily devotions. Each topic is treated with a scriptural reference, reflection, prayer, and questions for discussion. Occasionally, references are provided for further study. The first four chapters (Introduction, Apostle’s Creed, Lord’s Prayer, and Ten Commandments) cover 40 days making them suitable as a Lenten study. Ten additional days focus on the spiritual disciplines and a short conclusion. Fifty days of study allow an Easter study running through Pentecost.
About the author:
Author Stephen W. Hiemstra (MDiv, PhD) is a slave of Christ, husband, father, tentmaker, economist, and writer. He lives with Maryam, his wife of thirty years, in Centreville, VA and they have three grown children.
Stephen has been an active writer spanning both his career as an economist and a pastor. As an economist of 27 years in 5 federal agencies, he published numerous government studies, magazine articles, and book reviews. He has maintained a personal website since the 1990s and he has been active in social media. A Christian Guide to Spirituality is his first published book.
Stephen is currently a second career tentmaker dividing his time equally between Hispanic ministry and blogging under a theme of “online pastor”. As a hospital chaplain intern, he worked in the emergency department, a psychiatric unit, and an Alzheimer’s unit. He is an elder in Centreville Presbyterian Church.
Today, I have Pastor Bradley Johnson of Being Perfected Ministries. He's going to chat with me about the untimely death of his infant son, and a revised book, Divorcing the Old Me, due out in 2015
About the ministry:
Tragedy struck Bradley and his wife on March 10, 2014 when in the 5th month of Quiana’s, Bradley's wife, first pregnancy, her cervix opened unexpectedly and their son Nehemiah was born prematurely at home and died. The most devastating experience of this powerful couple’s life, they have chosen to press forward, with broken hearts, and honor Nehemiah’s legacy by telling others that in their darkest hour, Jesus is still faithful and not the cause, but the solution to any heartache. The couple went as far as to share their testimony on social media via a You Tube video only weeks after their son’s death; about their process of healing and full details of the events surrounding Nehemiah’s death to encourage other people that have experienced a similar tragedy.
slow jamz on a Sunday with rula brown
Meet author/Pastor Jermaine Gadson. Pastor Gadson will be chatting with me about his book, Tactics, Trends & Traits of the Enemy: Equipping the Believer to Fight Back.
About the book:
This book is a "practical guide" to overcoming struggles that people face in everyday life that may not be easily recognized as spiritual in nature. Many people wrestle with unnecessary heartache, pain, temptations, and depression without knowing the true source of their dilemma. Unlike other books on spiritual warfare, this book takes the spookiness out of the picture, and shows how people experience spiritual battles in subtle things that are presented to them in everyday life. The Devil is real. His tactics are real. But, we need not fear nor be ignorant of his devices.
About the author:
Jermaine Gadson is the Senior Pastor of Faith Ministries, Inc., a non-traditional church located in Birmingham, AL. Prior to starting Faith Ministries, he served as an associate minister, youth minister, and pastor for local churches and ministries in the greater Birmingham area. While, growing up in the Baptist church, he gave his life to Christ at an early age, and is a third generation minister of the Gospel.
He holds a B.A. in Religion with a Concentration in Congregational Studies and a Minor in Classics from Samford University, and a Master of Divinity from Beeson Divinity School of Samford University. He is currently a Doctor of Ministry student at Beeson Divinity School.
He enjoys reading, writing, sports, outdoors, movies, and spending time with his family. He is happily married to his wife Kristy and they have one beautiful daughter, Khloe.
Brown Sugar UnKut W/ @Keysh_B "Queen Brown Rice" And Co-Host @ConnieAmarilla On #WSMR Every Saturday Night From 9-11pm EST Broadcasting Live From St.Louis, MO! Check Out The Crazy Topics And Enjoy Some Real Talk From Real People On Real Issues!! Brown Sugar Uncut Is Your Home Away From Home, Somewhere You Can Speak Your Mind And Be Excatly Who You Are. Is A Call In Live (646)727-2352 And Also Follow @Keysh_B and @ConnieAmarilla On Twitter And @Keysha_B On IG. Follow La Rosé Apparel on Facebook, Twitter, IG @LaRoseApparel !!
On this episode we will review the year that was 2014. Athletes & domestic violence, Bill Cosby, Depression & Robin Williams, Democrats losing the midterms are just a few of the stories that have grabbed the headlines. There's also the secret service failings, Ebola, Boko Haram and the dissapearance of of Malaysian Airline 370.
The biggest stories though have surrounded race and the police. Eric Garner, Mike Brown, Tamir Rice, Bob McColluch are all names that will go down in history as the catalysts for much unrest in 2014. We'll explore all of this with the crew of #LFCRadio along with our Guest Dr. Tommy Curry.
This show is sponsored by MyWordCentral.com
MUSIC FROM AN ANTI ROBOT PERSPECTIVE! CELEBRITY GUEST, MUSIC, ART , FASHION AND FILM!!!! HOSTED BY GRAMMY NOMINATED MULTI PLATINUM ARTIST/PRODUCER THE FABULOUS MOONSHYNE BROWN, ANTI ROBOT RADIO IS A AFROFUTURISTIC TRIP DOWN THE WORM HOLE................
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (145 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (129 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (39 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (36 chatters)
- thelordshour (30 chatters)
- NTEB (25 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (24 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (20 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (20 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (18 chatters)
- HOV Radio (17 chatters)
- The Big Thicket Watch (14 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (13 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (12 chatters)
- Olivia Wilder (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (7 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (7 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (6 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (5 chatters)
- Curious Times (5 chatters)
- Xtreme Fantasy Football XFF Radio (5 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- SharonWAlker0 (4 chatters)
- The Alex Cardinale Show (3 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (3 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- LoveYvetteMarie (3 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (3 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (3 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (3 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (2 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (2 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (2 chatters)
- Krsna Bhakti Radio (2 chatters)
- Lesley Mitchell Clarke (2 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (1 chatters)
- UrbanLiteraryReview (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Black Geeks (1 chatters)
- spiritualactivists (1 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- CoffeeTalkWithChelle (1 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- ParaTruth Radio (1 chatters)