SORT BY Relevancy
Could a chance (or not chance) meeting in Miami finally lead to the mega fight the world has been waiting for between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao? All indications today seem to point that way.
Chris Mannix of SI.com tweeted, “@ChrisMannixSI: Hearing optimism from both sides that a Mayweather-Pacquiao deal could get done soon. From what I’m hearing, hard to see it falling apart.”
Mayweather was due to fly to Australia this week, but that trip was halted until next week for whatever reason. According to Lance Pugmire of the La Times, Pacquiao is in the United States until at least February 6th. Per Pugmire, “@latimespugmire: Sounds like @MannyPacquiao will be in US until at least Feb. 6. He’s planning to attend National Prayer Breakfast in DC next week.”
Even more hopeful news Arum told the New York Post that he expects a deal to be done within the next few days.
“Everybody is doing the right thing,” Arum told the Post on Friday. “We’re looking to complete the paperwork. Everything is moving in the right direction. Hopefully, the next couple of days it will get done.”
According to the report, the major issues are being hammered out, now all that’s left is the HBO and Showtime portion of the fight.
“The issues are being narrowed down to extraordinarily small points,” Arum said. “I’m optimistic it will all be put together in the next couple of days.”
Arum feels the chance meeting helped move the fight along.
“I think it helped a lot because we were all putting papers together, and there was still a question as to whether Floyd really wanted to do the fight or not,” Arum said. “Based on the meeting with Pacquiao in the hotel suite, Manny and [Pacquiao adviser] Michael Koncz were convinced Floyd absolutely wants to do the fight.”
Tuesday, November 10th, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, "War a Week" Radio presents an all-new edition of "Real Boxing" with elite level trainer Ronnie Shields!!
To kick off this evening's 90 minute program, coach Ronnie will participate in another segment of "Fact of Fiction"!!
- Will Floyd Mayweather Jr. attempt to get number 50 to open up the new MGM Sports Arena in 2016?
- Will Tim Bradley take on Canelo Alvarez or Gennady Golovkin in 2016?
- Will Brandon Rios stay retired?
- Will fight fan see Vasyl Lomachenko take on Guillermo Rigondeaux in 2016? Yuriorkis Gamboa?
- Is Floyd Jr. correct when he states "They" want Andre Ward to lose?
- Is Mayweather right when he states "They" want the next big star of boxing to be a caucasian?
- In Money May's world, are "They" the fight fans or the promoters and networks?
- Lomachenko wants the fans to determine his next opponent. Will he suffer the same fate as Adrien Broner?
- Is Teddy Atlas getting too much credit for Rios victory, or not enough?
- Will age be a factor in Canelo vs. Cotto?
- Will Edwin Rodriguez take on Adonis Stevenson in 2016?
- Will Deontay Wilder go out of his way to avoid Alexander Povetkin?
- Will Miguel Cotto be forced into retirement by Canelo Alvarez?
- Will Erislandy Lara carve Dejan Zaveck for Thanksgiving dinner?
- Will Lucian Bute shock the UK by defeating James DeGale on November 28th?
Tune in to "Real Boxing" with elite level trainer Ronnie Shields!!
Sunday, September 20, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, "War a Week" Radio network presents a special "Post-Mayweather era" edition of "Ringside Report" with Rodney Green and Joseph Herron!!
Kicking off this evening's program, the "War a Week" team will examine Mayweather's alleged final ring performance, which was aired on Showtime Sports this past weekend, and will probe the current state of boxing without the presence of an active Floyd Jr.
- Will the sport thrive or suffer without Floyd Mayweather Jr.?
- Will Floyd be back in 2016 and compete at age 39?
- Will IV-Gate affect Mayweather's decision to return to the ring?
- Will poor PPV numbers for May/Berto affect Floyd's decision to return as well?
- Should the NSAC conduct a formal investigation of the recent evidence involving the USADA and Floyd Mayweather Jr?
- How will Money May be remembered and ranked throughout history?
- Who will become the next big star of boxing?
Rodney and Joseph will also discuss the upcoming fight schedule for the remainder of 2015.
Join us for an all new edition of "Ringside Report" with Rodney Green and Joseph Herron!!
The moment almost none of us have been waiting for is here. Floyd Mayweather fights Andre Berto this weekend on Pay-Per-View, for way too much money, under the guise that this will be his final bout. As you can see, we're really excited about the prospect of paying $75 to watch Floyd fight a guy who lost to Jesus Soto Karass and Victor Ortiz. At least the undercard (Badou Jack vs George Groves, Roman Martinez vs Orlando Salido II, Ishe Smith vs Vanes Martirosyan) isn't laughable.
Earlier Saturday on NBC, Peter Quillin fights a guy named Michael Zerafa (just go look on the internet yourself, trust us), and Cornelius Bundrage fights for the first time in about a year against Jermall Charlo.
Austin Trout fights tonight (Tues) on FoxSports 1, but on Friday light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson continues to face sub-par opposition when he defends against Tommy Karpency on Spike, from Premier Boxing Champions. Talented welterweight Errol Spence Jr. fights in the co-feature.
On CBS last Sunday from PBC, Anthony Dirrell won a ho hum decision over Marco Antonio Rubio, and in the co-feature Jamie McDonnell again defeated Tomoki Kameda by controversial decision.
It's been a mediocre year, as you all know. But there's news about Scott Quigg and Nonito Donaire being nearly finalized, some pointing and laughing to do about upcoming cards... And joining James Foley of Bad Left Hook and The Fight City's Patrick Connor once again this week is Matthew Swain of The Queensberry Rules.
Thanks for tuning in!
(Photos: Lucas Noonan/PBC)
- Is 2B Robinson Cano Unhappy in Seattle?
- Floyd Mayweather Shoots Down Rumor of a Rematch vs Canelo Alvarez
- Did Johnny Manziel Blow an Opportunity To Become the Satrting QB for the Cleveland Browns?
- Can the Dallas Cowboys Run The Table with QB Tony Romo returning from Injury?
- Cam Newton vs Tom Brady, Who Gets the MVP nod?
-NFL Week 11 Review
- Pat Riley Talks Up Golden State Warrior "Dynasty"
Tuesday, June 23, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "Floyd Mayweather Final Fight" edition of "Real Boxing" with elite level trainer Ronnie Shields, sponsored by Affordable Dentures!!
The Houston, Texas based boxing coach will begin the exclusive 90 minute interview with an entertaining segment of "Fact or Fiction"!!
- Will Floyd Mayweather fight Andre Berto in September 12th, via Showtime PPV?
- With a marquee fighter step in the ring with Gennady Golovkin by the end of 2015?
- Will Andre Ward face Sergey Kovalev at 175 pounds by the end of 2015?
- Will Miguel Cotto get past Canelo Alvarez in November?
- Will Luis Collazo give Keith Thurman a much tougher outing than expected on July 11th?
- Will Paulie Malignaggi upset Danny Garcia on Auguszt 1st?
- Will Erislandy Lara face Demetrius Andrade in a unification bout by process of elimination in 2015?
- Will Al Haymon stick Errol Spence Jr. in the ring with Keith Thurman or Shawn Porter on September 12th?
Coach Ronnie will also share his thoughts on this past weekend's action, while giving tonight's listening audience a brief overview of this Saturday night's main event on HBO.
Don't miss this all-new edition of Real Boxing with elite level trainer Ronnie Shields!!
On tonight's episode of The Majority Decision, you can expect a grab bag of random topics that range from UFC news to Ronda Rousey versus Floyd Mayweather and more. 2 on 2 MMA fights are groing in other countries, and there is a group trying to get them approved here in the states. We will discuss the thought of 2 on 2 MMA and group versus group MMA.
All this and more every Sunday and Friday night at 10 pm cst.
Karim Mayfield joins Team LeftJab Boxing Radio to talk about Floyd Mayweather naming him as a potential opponent for his September fight coming up.Mayfield gives his thoughts on what he would do in a fight with Mayweather if it were to happen and the other possibilities that may come his way if he doesn't.Mayfield breaks down what he would do if he also had an opportunity to face Adrien Broner or Shawn Porter and has a message for Amir Khan who said Mayfield is not on Mayweather's level.
"The Lion" Sharif Bogere joins Team LeftJab Boxing Radio to discuss his latest win last week which brought his record to 27-1 and the chance of getting a title shot at the end of the year against TMT Mickey Bey.Also in this interview, Bogere breaks down this weekends mega-fight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao as well as Canelo vs Kirkland and Algieri vs Khan later in the month.
Junior "Sugarboy" Younan joins Team LeftJab Boxing Radio to give an update on his return to the ring which will be June 6 in Brooklyn at The Barclays Center on the undercard of Miguel Cotto-Daniel Geale.We also get Sugarboy's breakdown and prediction for this weekends Mega-fight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao as well as thoughts on Algieri vs Khan and Kirkland vs Canelo.
Richie Neves joins Team LeftJab Boxing Radio to discuss his recent win at The Paramount bringing his record to 9-2-2.Neves talks about the win and his recent changes to his training which has given him good results so far.We get Neves plan for the rest of 2015 as well as his thoughts on some upcoming big fights including Timothy Bradley vs Jesse Vargas,Keith Thurman vs Luis Collazo and Danny Garcia vs Paulie Malignaggi.Neves also gives his opinion on Floyd Mayweather possibly facing Andre Berto or Karim Mayfield in September.
Scott "Bang Bang" Burrell joins Team LeftJab Boxing Radio to give the fans an update on whats next for him, then to go over some big fights coming up.We hit three of the biggest with Burrell.First we get an extensive breakdown of Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao which is only days away from going down.Then we talk Canelo vs Kirkland and Algieri vs Khan and Burrell gives his take and prediction on all three.
Join Host Live Chats
- Charlotte View Internet Radio (7 chatters)
- Being Television Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- SoulfullyAboutYou (4 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (3 chatters)
- GGM Radio (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Terry Konig (1 chatters)
- The Sports Drive Podcast (1 chatters)