SORT BY Relevancy
Welcome the extrodinary Randy Hansen to NWP!
Francis Ford Coppola personally called Randy Hansen in 1979 to compose music for his upcoming fillm, Apocalypse Now. Randy accepted and composed the first 17 minutes of the soundtrack that won the Academy Award for Best Soundtrack in 1980 and remains a cult classic today.
Born December 8, 1954 in Seattle, Washington Randy is a U.S. guitarist, best known for his emulation of Jimi Hendrix. He clearly has a bit of physical resemblance to Hendrix in his facial features, and carries that resemblance further by emulating such signatures of Hendrix's style as playing a guitar with his teeth or behind his back. Randy is one of only a couple guitarist offically endorsed by the Hendrix family.
Hansen's high energy guitar work has earned praise from fellow Dutch-American, legendary guitarist, Eddie Van Halen (in Guitar Player magazine), among others. He also was a good friend of the late Stevie Ray Vaughan (writing a song about him called "Texas Twister" from his Old Dogs New Tricks CD). He has toured and played with literally hundreds of famous musicians and groups.
I talk to Randy about "the call" from Coppola, his career and all the amazing artists he has worked with over his career. PLUS lets hear more stories from the rock & roll road!
In the second half of my show, I welcome Caspian Coberly. Caspian is the Jr. High guitar phenom heading out on tour with some of the biggest names in rock and roll!
On the latest episode of the show, we sit down with the originators of Hip-Hop when Wonder Mike and The Master Gee of the original Sugar Hill Gang now known as Rapper's Delight, discuss their upcoming documentary, I Want My Name Back. The two legends discuss their groundbreaking song as well as their unforgettable experience of the past three decades all on the latest episode of Conversations.
We are broadcastinglive from the NetrootsNation conventioninSan Jose California. Wewill be interviewing activists and poliitcal acors. But we don't forget it is Music Friday when we interview musicians and fillm makers. In segment 1 we interview Tobias Lindholm, director of the new film A Hijacking, released nationwide today. A new concept in the opinion-driven world of talk radio, Fairness Radio is a daily one-hour on-line and on-air radio show featuring liberal Patrick O
Since leaving Blue Cross, Carolyn Banks wrote, directed and produced INVICTA, a feature-length movie that will be distributed by Indieflix and KPOW, a sitcom for the web now in post-production.. Two offbeat Christmas stories Banks produced will be shown at the Off Kilter Xmas Fillm Fest in Bastrop December 12. These are You Say, directed by Sidney Brammer and “A Child’s Christmas in Texas, directed by Jessica Gardner,. Banks is currently executive director of a nonprofit media arts organization,
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (44 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (38 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (16 chatters)
- Curious Times (15 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (14 chatters)
- Holger Awakens (13 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (7 chatters)
- Shetaut Neter (7 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (7 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (6 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (6 chatters)
- Daddy G (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (4 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (4 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Donny C (3 chatters)
- Growl Radio (2 chatters)
- Diva of DOOL (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- CULTURE FREEDOM RADIO (2 chatters)
- Momma Joyce (2 chatters)
- The Asylum0 (2 chatters)
- Autistic Adventures (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (1 chatters)