SORT BY Relevancy
The Justice Department on Wednesday called on Ferguson, Mo., to overhaul its criminal justice system, declaring that the city had engaged in so many constitutional violations that they could be corrected only by abandoning its entire approach to policing, retraining its employees and establishing new oversight. The report described a city that used its police and courts as moneymaking ventures, a place where officers stopped and handcuffed people without probable cause, hurled racial slurs, used stun guns without provocation, and treated anyone as suspicious merely for questioning police tactics.
“Seen in this context — amid a highly toxic environment, defined by mistrust and resentment, stoked by years of bad feelings, and spurred by illegal and misguided practices — it is not difficult to imagine how a single tragic incident set off the city of Ferguson like a powder keg,” AG Holder NYT
Two officers shot in Ferguson only tell part of the sinister events that are brewing in Ferguson. There is an element that wants civil unrest in America. That would bring a convenient domestic distraction on world events as well as executive orders that would be issued during such an unrest. This is a tremendous challenge to the church to be in the public square and denounce the violence that the perpetrators are not able to gain traction in the minds of the citizens of Ferguson and other inner cities.
The Department of Justice revealed to the world a fact that any person of color who has driven through Ferguson already knows…driving while black will cost you. The fallout has resulted in a few resignations, changes in nearby jurisdictions, resurgence of protests, revived conversations about race in this country, and the shooting of two police officers. We will talk about the implications of the DOJ’s report for not only Ferguson but for the country as a whole. What real conversations should we be having now that the covers have been pulled back on the practice of “citation without representation”? Let’s talk about this…we want to hear your thoughts and DON’T BITE YOUR TONGUE!!! Call in or listen in at 646-716-5470.
I believe in the brotherhood of man, all men, but I don't believe in brotherhood with anybody who doesn't want brotherhood with me. I believe in treating people right, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to treat somebody right who doesn't know how to return the treatment.
Right now, this country is in turmoil in Ferguson, Missouri surrounding the death of Michael Brown during an incident of robbery. The United States has always hummed an undercurrent of racial tension, starting with slavery, and some say that the issue has come to a head with riots in the streets and brutal fighting. Others claim that the riots are not racial and surround purely the incident of the robbery itself. Today, we will discuss whether or not the riots are racially driven, wether or not Darren Wilson, the police officer, was in the wrong, and what the country needs to do to address this problem.
THIS WEEK: We continue to discuss the Kingdom of Heaven and will ask What Would Jesus Do in Ferguson. We have heard the media and even christians and pastors depict Mike Brown as a "Thug" and a "Criminal". How would Jesus who was crucified between two theives (thugs i.e. criminals) deal with the situation. What Does the bible say on these matters? How does one who claims to love God, hate his neighbor? How do YOU fufill "loving thy neighbor as thyself and justify a youth being murdered for an allegedly stealing cigars?
Mark 12:31 The second is equally important: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these
TUNE IN as we break bread and get to the TRUTH.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (65 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (57 chatters)
- HOV Radio (20 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (18 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (17 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (17 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (10 chatters)
- Papa Lou (10 chatters)
- WinchesterBros (9 chatters)
- Straitway (8 chatters)
- Psychic Tapestry (8 chatters)
- Pillars of Ma*at (7 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (7 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (6 chatters)
- thelordshour (6 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (6 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (4 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- Joe Diesel (2 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- VOC Nation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Colors of Infinite Possibility (1 chatters)
- Euphoric Network (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- The Seers Eye (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (0 chatters)
- CenterStage (0 chatters)
- AOW Productions (0 chatters)