SORT BY Relevancy
Today’s guest is Paul Carroll, CEO and Editor in Chief of Insurance Thought Leadership.
Paul is the co-author of The New Killer Apps: How Large Companies Can Out-Innovate Start-Ups and Billion Dollar Lessons: What You Can Learn From the Most Inexcusable Business Failures of the Last 25 Years and the author of Big Blues: The Unmaking of IBM, a major best-seller published in 1993. Paul spent 17 years at the Wall Street Journal as an editor and reporter. The paper nominated him twice for Pulitzer Prizes. In 1996, he founded Context, a thought-leadership magazine on the strategic importance of information technology that was a finalist for the National Magazine Award for General Excellence. He is a co-founder of the Devil’s Advocate Group consulting firm.
Today we’re talking about tomorrow. The world as it is and as it’s going to be - the world of opportunity for those prepared – the change architects. Our guest is Michael Jans. He is the founder and CEO of Agency Revolution. He’s been defined in the industry press as an “Insurance Marketing Maven” and a “marketing genius.” Clients have described him as a “Millionaire Maker.” His history includes serving as the Executive VP for the Professional Insurance Agents in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska - the fastest growing affiliate of the Certified Insurance Counselors' (CIC) program - for seven years.
Even the most casual observer of the risk and insurance industries can easily see the “fingerprints” of government on the process and results. Legislation, litigation and regulation are much of the process. The change that is the ACA is just one large example. Even the most casual observer of government can easily see the “fingerprints” of politics and grassroots on the process and hence the outcomes.
In the past two decades, Brian Feldman has lived and worked at the intersection of healthcare, grassroots and politics. As a founder of the Edison Group and now as a Senior Partner with Allison Partners – Brian will provide us with insight into the past, present, and future of the art of politics and the people and groups that determine the outcome.
Beyond Insurance's Mike Manes sits down with Sound Marketing's Jack Burke as they cover technology, the global economy and the new power players that could affect the insurance industry.
George Nordhaus, Chairman of Agencies Online, sits down with Beyond Insurance's Mike Manes to speak about the 5 most significant Innovations seen in the last 60 years of the business. Then, George projects what he thinks will be the game changers in the next 6 years.
What happens when you have an injury that ends your career? If you aren’t covered by the proper disability insurance you could have drastic ramifications to your income. Some disability insurance will protect you whether the injury is work related or not. Shirley Gutkowski, Host of Cross Link Radio, speaks with Craig Gussin and Jean Rockwell about different types of disability insurance.
Craig Gussin attended Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, where he received his degree in Business Administration. Craig also holds an advanced degree, Charter Life Underwriter from Bryn Mawr College in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. He is a Certified Health Care Reform Specialist and a member of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, along with the National Association of Health Underwriters and The International Disability Insurance Society. He has written articles, conducted seminars, been interviewed on TV, Radio, in the newspaper and magazines, including the June 2011 issue of Money Magazine.
Jean Rockwell was a full time RDH for 29 years, when she was forced to retire due to a disability. Luckily, she had disability insurance, allowing her to maintain the lifestyle she had while working as an RDH. She lives in San Diego, California, and is currently working part time as an insurance agent with Auerbach & Gussin Insurance, promoting disability insurance to RDH’s. She is a co-author of an article in RDH Magazine where she examines the features of a comprehensive disability insurance policy. She also co-monitors an online group, specifically designed for disabled or injured RDH’s. She is a member of ADHA and CDHA. Jean attended Pensacola Junior College in Pensacola, Florida and obtained her Associate of Science degree in Dental Hygiene.
Moore’s law states that computer capacity doubles every 18 months. Consider this – in 1993 I met Jim Sewell who ran a company called Bayes Corp. His background was Military Intelligence. He explained that 20 years earlier, in 1973, when Patty Hearst was kidnapped those searching for her approached him to see if he could use technology to help find her.
After spending time to consider the possibilities he reported back – that he couldn’t find her but he could find everyone in America who was just like her. This was 41 years ago – and he was working with very limited technology by today’s standards.
Today’s guest is another Jim – James Speer. He is a Ph.D. and a J.D. He’s spent 24 years in academic medicine and has worked for a McKesson-sponsored consortium led by Harvard University School of Public Health and Duke University School of Medicine researchers.
In July of 2005, Mike facilitated a presentation to a group of agents on “Crisis Communication” at the Grand Hotel in Point Clear Alabama. There was little interest in the presentation and no enthusiasm. Most slept through the program. None could understand the “need for crisis communications in a local independent agency.” Four weeks later Hurricane Katrina changed our lives and our world.
This week's guest is Bob Swayze with Eustis Agency in New Orleans. Bob has been a producer since 1979 and works on a wide variety of large commercial accounts. In addition to production, he is one of the principals of Eustis Insurance & Benefits and is on the producer recruiting/development team. He is a Past President of RiskProNet. Listen to his story of facing the devistation that came as a result of Hurricane Katrina, and what he's learned since.
This show would be a lively discussion on 3 basic insurance principals.
1. How life insurance is the most important coverage.
2. How disability income insurance can keep you afloat.
3. Balancing two budgets, the need for Business overhead Expense.
Greg Palmer is a seasoned Benefit consultant to small business owners. Specializing in Key Man Insurance. Succession Planning and Business Insurance.
Ernest and Renate will discuss what disability insurance is and why we need it. Sometimes the unexpected happens and we are put in a position where we are unable to work. What will you do? How will you continue to pay your bills and maintain your quality of life? There are various programs that are designed to fill in the gap but you would be surprised how many people are not protected. Are you one of them? Get the facts today. Log onto http://www.blogtalkradio.com/a-americanlegacy.com at 3:00pm today!
You can even call in and listen at 6465953900
Don't forget to like us!
Mr. Covey states that a “leader must begin with the end in mind.” Unfortunately most managers begin their day with the status quo – the beginning in mind. They walk into the office to face the crises du jour, a budget, Performa and problems amongst the folks. They can’t look up, much less look out on the horizon of tomorrow. Peter Arthur-Smith is the Founding Principal of Leadership Solutions, Inc, New York, which offers groundbreaking organizational tools and practices that can position executives to become Remarkable Leaders.
He has recently authored the book- “Smart Decisions: Goodbye Problems, Hello Options” - and is writing another, “Catching the Next Wave: Becoming Remarkable Leaders.”
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (119 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (44 chatters)
- Curious Times (21 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (16 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (16 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (13 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (12 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (10 chatters)
- John Baptist (9 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (8 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (6 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (6 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (6 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (5 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (4 chatters)
- Dave in the City (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- thelordshour (3 chatters)
- Tony Robinson El (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Jacob Kohinoor Show (3 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (3 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (3 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (3 chatters)
- Dr Rick Wallace Ph D (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- knowurenemy (2 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (2 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (2 chatters)
- Boyd and Lucinda (2 chatters)
- BTR4367 (2 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- BeverlyD (2 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (2 chatters)
- DDP Radio (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (2 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- The Curtner And Kerr Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (1 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (1 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- Dr Auset (1 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (1 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (1 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- AndreaMiller0 (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- canadianglen (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (1 chatters)
- MoeTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- Omega Man (1 chatters)
- The URC Show (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- theKingscourt (1 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- Pure Journey Radio (1 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (1 chatters)