SORT BY Relevancy
From the Queen’s private home at Sandringham to the cool waters of the Norfolk Broads, Norfolk in East Anglia, England makes for an ideal destination that includes historic churches, cathedrals and castles, farms and village markets, fun pubs and seaside strolls. Not to mention, the taste of a hearty English breakfast or an order of the traditional fish and chips!
Glynn Burrows, tour operator and owner of Norfolk Tours in England, chats with Big Blend Radio hosts Nancy J. Reid & Lisa Smith about leading custom tours of authentic Norfolk. Watch for his article on 10 Days in Norfolk in the upcoming June issue of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine.
This interview originally aired on May 17, 2015 as part of Big Blend Radio's Vacation Station Travel Radio Expo, that broadcasted live from Yerington Inn, in western Nevada.
Norfolk and Suffolk are both very rural counties in East Anglia, England. One is never far away from open fields, hedgerows, country lanes, woodland, rivers and other natural features, most of which date back hundreds and some even thousands of years. The coast is only a 45 minutes drive away. Glynn Burrows, owner of Norfolk Tours in England, joins Big Blend Radio hosts Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith, to talk about exploring the scenic countryside and coastal region of Norfolk and Suffolk, England. Glynn is a regular Big Blend Radio guest. Watch for his article in the May 2015 issue of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine.
Glynn Burrows chats with Big Blend Radio hosts Nancy J. Reid and Lisa D. Smith about tracing family history back to Norfolk, England and American Presidents such as Abraham Lincoln, who have family ties in East Anglia towns as Norfolk, Essex, and Suffolk. Glynn is a family historian and owner of Norfolk Tours in England. Watch for his upcoming article on American Presidents with English family connections in the July issue of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine.
This interview originally aired on June 7, 2015 on Big Blend Radio's Champagne Sundays show, that broadcasted live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
World Footprints will take you on an exploration of the wonderful city of Norfolk, VA. On today's show we will travel through rich historical neighborhoods like Ghent, meet fascinating residents like the Doumars Family—creators of the ice cream cone, and visit cultural attractions like the Chrysler Museum and Attucks Theatre. From the Waterfront to the Freemason District, the Botanical Gardens, Nauticus and beyond, Norfolk offers a treasure trove of art, culture, history and culinary delights.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Way Back When history show, streaming live online from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 407+ National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Author Nick Bunker will discuss his award-winning book ‘AN EMPIRE ON THE EDGE: How Britain Came to Fight America’, winner of the 2015 George Washington Book Prize and finalist for the 2015 Pulitzer Prize in History.
- Historian Glynn Burrows of Norfolk Tours UK will talk about some of the historic heroes and villains of East Anglia, England.
Leslie Anderson will discuss how to apply the classic strategy of information-gathering to your research so that you can write a robust family history. She will explain how customized timelines, resource guides, and locality guides can help you with your writing.
Leslie's research began with one question: "Where was my great-grandfather born?" The answer (and the analysis) culminated in an article that won the 2013 National Genealogical Society Family History Writing Contest. The four-generation narrative "Tabitha (Bugg) George Smith (1838 - ca 1890) of Mecklenburg County, Virginia" was published in the National Genealogical Society Quarterly (March 2015). "It was over 20 pages with more than 10,000 words and 200 citations."
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Tues. Aug, 25th, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. We’ll discuss “How Philadelphia Made African American History Mandatory for Graduation”!!! CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) A new municipal judge in Ferguson, MO on Monday ordered sweeping changes to court practices in response to the DOJ report. He ordered that all Arrest Warrants issued before Dec. 31st 2014 be withdrawn. 2) Students In Philadelphia Can’t Graduate Without Taking African-American History. This needs to be nationwide. 3) A juror in the Johnathan Ferrell shooting death says it was Ferrell who was actually on trial. 4) Republican Presidential Candidate Mike Huckabee shows his ignorance about Black Lives Matter and Dr. King. 5) This date in African American History – Althea Gipson and The Red Summer Riots of 1919.
Episode 47; 8-31-15; Marlin Family Live Podcast
#MarlinFamily, The show by the fans for the fans of The Miami Marlins! Lets Go Fish! Host; Dann Dunn @FSU_Dann & Andres Salgado @latinoloco4rwf
We will be live during the Marlins vs. Braves game giving some LIVE game chats on what’s happening during the game. On this episode we bring you our weekly Hot Fish & Cold Fish reports. This week’s show we touch up on what the Fish will do with Prado and Jennings to Seattle? We’ll give you or opinions, but we need your opinions! Call-in 646-929-0934 and make your fish voice heard! Then we’ll see what’s on deck for the Marlins this week plus news, notes, and much much more on your and our Miami Marlins! #LetsGoFish #FishFamily
On #aSunsLife, we’ll go on down to the farm and get you caught up on the minors report, plus much more notes, and discussion from around the Marlins farm system. Everything you need to know about our Zephyrs, Hammerheads, Hoppers, Muckdogs and more!
We will focus on agape love or better known as unconditional love. Sometimes our family will mistake agape love for stupidity. When is enough good enough for the family? Should you sacrafice your own marraige and life as parents and siblings, to help other family members achieve their desires at the risk of losing your own desires for each other?
Join Host Live Chats
- Radio Jihad Network (12 chatters)
- New Way Power Hour (11 chatters)
- The Portal (5 chatters)
- Patriot Family (3 chatters)
- Joseph Gibson (3 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Moorish Light (2 chatters)
- MRX SYCAMORES PLACE (2 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (2 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (2 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- Twelve Music (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (1 chatters)
- BeTheLightRadio (1 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (1 chatters)
- Christian Devotions Speak UP (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- SANDRA WILSON SHOW (1 chatters)
- stop13stepinaa (1 chatters)