SORT BY Relevancy
Artist Victoria Chick chats with Big Blend Radio hosts Nancy J. Reid and Lisa D. Smith, about the history of the formal and informal family portrait as a subject in art and photography. Victoria Chick is based in Silver City, New Mexico. She is a regular Big Blend Radio guest and contributor to Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine. Her article on the family portrait will be featured in the June issue of the magazine.
This interview originally aired on May 3, 2015 on Big Blend Radio's Champagne Sundays variety show, that streamed live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
Join ' Missing Pges Of History' today, November 14, 2015 at 1 PM EST. MPH will give an overveiw of the 'History of Policing in the U.S - Part II.' This will be final segerment of this topic. Join us today by dialing in at 818-337-0016 or go online at: www.blogtalkradio.com/misssing-pages-of-history-inc
Once upon a time, there was a man who worked very hard just to keep food on the table for his family. This particular year a few days before Christmas, he punished his little five-year-old daughter after learning that she had used up the family's only roll of expensive gold wrapping paper. As money was tight, he became even more upset when on Christmas Eve he saw that the child had used all of the expensive gold paper to decorate one shoebox she had put under the Christmas tree. He also was concerned about where she had gotten money to buy what was in the shoebox.
Nevertheless, the next morning the little girl, filled with excitement, brought the gift box to her father and said, "This is for you, Daddy!" As he opened the box, the father was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, now regretting how he had punished her. But when he opened the shoebox, he found it was empty and again his anger flared. "Don't you know, young lady," he said harshly, "when you give someone a present, there's supposed to be something inside the package!" The little girl looked up at him with sad tears rolling from her eyes and whispered: "Daddy, it's not empty. I blew kisses into it until it was all full." The father was crushed. He fell on his knees and put his arms around his precious little girl. He begged her to forgive him for his unnecessary anger.
In a very real sense, each of us has been given an invisible golden box filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children, family, friends and God. There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.
On this wonderful Christmas Day in 2014, let us remember the TRUE meaning of Christmas. Christ. Family. Friends. May you and yours have the best Christmas ever from your friends and family at American White Hostory Month and Prepare To Take America Back!
Leslie Anderson will discuss how to apply the classic strategy of information-gathering to your research so that you can write a robust family history. She will explain how customized timelines, resource guides, and locality guides can help you with your writing.
Leslie's research began with one question: "Where was my great-grandfather born?" The answer (and the analysis) culminated in an article that won the 2013 National Genealogical Society Family History Writing Contest. The four-generation narrative "Tabitha (Bugg) George Smith (1838 - ca 1890) of Mecklenburg County, Virginia" was published in the National Genealogical Society Quarterly (March 2015). "It was over 20 pages with more than 10,000 words and 200 citations."
Nicka Smith is a professional photographer, speaker, and documentarian with more than 16 years of experience as a genealogist. She has extensive experience in African ancestored genealogy, reverse genealogy, and family reunion planning and execution. She is also an expert in genealogical research in the Northeastern Louisiana area, sharing genealogy with youth, documenting the ancestral journey, and employing the use of new technology in genealogy and family history research.
Your are invited to join "Missing Pages Of History' on Sat., October 17, 2015, starting 2:00 PM EST, as we will give a summary of the III part series of 'The History of Policing in the U.S.' You may call in at (818) 337-0016 or join us online at blogtalkradio.com/missing-pages-of-history-in
Join "Missing Pages Of History" today, October 3, 2015 at 1:00 PM EST. We will be discussing "The History of Policing in the U.S.'; this will be the Part III of a 4 Part series. Join us by dialing in at (818) 337-0016 or go online at: www.blogtalkradio.com/missing-pages-of-history-inc
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Tues. Sept., 29th, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. We’ll discuss “Part 1: 11 Acts of White Affirmative Action created by The U.S. Government throughout History”!!! CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) A Trial has been set for the 1st of 6 Officers involved in the death of Freddie Gray. 2) 11 Acts of White Affirmative Action created by The U.S. Government throughout History. 3) Rep. Corrine Brown of Florida is under attack and Republicans are trying to remove her through redistricting. 4) Elizabeth Warren Goes All In On Black Lives Matter. 5) This date in African American History.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (82 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (49 chatters)
- John Baptist (12 chatters)
- Tarhaka (8 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (7 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (7 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (5 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (5 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (5 chatters)
- NatureofReality (4 chatters)
- PROPHETenergyreaderBrenda (4 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (4 chatters)
- HadIt Veteran To Veteran (4 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- MPowered4Life Radio Show (3 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Naked Departure Talk Show (2 chatters)
- Last Second Shot Podcast (2 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- Bridging Spirit (2 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (1 chatters)
- Ask Alice Show (1 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions 2 (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- No-Tea with Chrita and Cryss (1 chatters)
- Thats Novel (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- The Huddle (1 chatters)
- The Wealth-Stream AdViZor (1 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Cosmos Radio ACO (1 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)
- VinnyHardy (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (0 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (0 chatters)