SORT BY Relevancy
eCareDiary will speak to P.K Beville, geriatric specialist, author and founder of Second Wind Dreams about her research-based Virtual DementiaTour, an experiential toolkit designed to help family caregivers move from sympathy to empathy and better understand the behaviors of their loved ones.
eCareDiary will speak to Thomas Stern, Founder of Assisted Vacation that provides person-centered planning services for those with cognitive or physical limitations allowing them to benefit from vacation and travel.
The vast majority of healthcare in the United States, is provided by families and not healthcare professionals.
Iin this broadcast, we discuss the latest in technology available on the market to ease the day-to-day activities of family caregivers and shares useful tips/checklist to help anyone (especially caregivers) to choose the right product from the wide variety of available technology products out there.
Micheal is joined by David Lindeman, PhD, Director at Center for Technology and Research in the Interest of Society (CITRIS) and Center for Technology and Aging respectively.
eCareDiary's caregiving expert, Margery Pabst will speak to Dr. David Decker, Executive Director of Cancer Institute at Florida Hospital, about advances in cancer research and treatments benefiting patients and caregivers.
Listen Dec 11, 2014 or anytime later to this program by www.r4alliance.org - an Alliance of 44 Military Support Groups.
Listen to Military Family Caregivers:
Jeannette Davidson-Mayer. Her Husband DeWayne following his 5th accident, returned home in Oct 2005. He was diagnosed with TBI, PTSD, spinal injuries, along with a few other medical issues. As a family, they have learned to live together again.
Juliet C. Madsen was severely injured during Operation Iraqi Freedom and was medically retired from the Army in 2006 after more than seventeen years of service. Juliet makes quilts to raise awareness of, and raise money for veteran’s charities through www.strokeofluckquilting.com
Peter Madsen is a former Marine and Army Aviator and Juliet's Husband.
Jeannette and Juliet serve on the Board of R4Alliance. Please SHARE!!
Details at: http://thankyouforyourservice.us/issue/december-2014/article/listen-to-the-first-r4alliance-wounded-warriors-caregiver-program
Our demograpic is between the ages of 19-49 Did you know the seniors are only targeted in ads about 1%. That is why the question. Are seniors citizens 55 or older relevant?
Aging Population Around the World
The increase in seniors is not just limited to the United States; there is also an aging population explosion in many other countries. According to the AoA, this increase can be attributed to ?advances in science, technology and medicine leading to reductions in infant and maternal mortality, infectious and parasitic diseases, occupational safety measures, and improvements in nutrition and education.?
In 2000, approximately 605 million people were 60 years or older. By 2050, that number is expected to be close to 2 billion. At that time, seniors will outnumber children 14 and under for the first time in history.
The unsung heros of thier family, caregiers tell thier storeis and allow us to share in thier Beautiful Burden...
Our basic format and structure is from a black male centered discussion, but we welcome female guest and bloggers input. We feel the need to fill the void in the family discussed from a male centered viewpoint.
This show explores and addresses the disparaging rates of decline of the Black Family today and historically.
We will address the Incarceration rates through the Prison Pipeline. We welcome the victims of this system to call-in. ie... Inmates or the offspring of the inmates and the mates of these so-called offenders.
We will address the so called dead beat dads and why has the system stereotyped most black men into this definition and labeled them such.
We address the changing state of affairs with the global economic fluctuations and how it directly negatively impacts the black family.
We will also present the positive aspects of the Black family today from marriages to successful dating and successful parenting from conventional multiple parent homes to successful sinlge parent setup.
We will also discuss how the childsupport works and what it expects from us as males and what the child needs and the female mother of the child needs and how we can bridge the gap as men.
We will have deep spiritual discussions as it relates to our historic role as male role models through our historic and traditional spirituality and how we can lead our families from it.
Join Dave Nassaney, The Caregiver's Caregiver, Wednesday, 3/25/15 at noon, PST, (AND AFTERWARDS ON RECORDED PODCAST) as he interviews Lisa Michelle, Former Caregiver to her mother-in-law, and founder of theonline Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Group.
We will be discussing:
1. Why it is so important for caregivers to NOT isolate themselves from their interests and passions.
2. Alzheimer's & Dementia
3. Activities to help you to avoid burnout,
4. And much, much more.
The link is: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/davenassaney/2015/03/25/caregivers-need-hobies-activities-and-outside-interests-to-avoid-burnout
Lisa is a singer, model and dancer, and also performs worldwide with The "Chicago Honey Bears", a full production family-oriented variety song & dance show.
Or listen to the recorded podcast AFTERWARDS, anytime, 24/7. Share this link with anyone you know who would benefit from this discussion, especially male caregivers.
(AFTER SHOW TIME WED, RECORDED PODCAST CAN BE HEARD ANYTIME, 24/7 AT SAME LINK)
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- John Baptist (61 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (15 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (11 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (11 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (10 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (10 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (9 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (8 chatters)
- The Endless Light (7 chatters)
- The Road Hawgs Radio Network (6 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (6 chatters)
- Demolishing Strongholds (6 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (5 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- 63489 (4 chatters)
- alexas29 (4 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (4 chatters)
- Papa CE (4 chatters)
- Patriot Family (4 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- Rod Eccles (3 chatters)
- Roger Taylor (3 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (2 chatters)
- Thats Novel (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Sisterhood Exchange (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- Triangle Variety Radio (2 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (2 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- SweetSouthernTRadio (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- REAL MEN SPEAK (1 chatters)
- EON Network (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Fire Weekly (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Ant Bowden Show (1 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (1 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (1 chatters)