SORT BY Relevancy
Black family reunions: they’re not just a picnic, says Culture Freedom Radio host Mind Magick. “This past weekend I went to my first family renunion, on my father’s side. I got to see a lot of aunts and uncles I hadn’t seen in many years, and a lot of cousins I didn’t even know I had. And it’s a touching experience because, like, my aunt told me what my dad was like when he was young and how he used to get in trouble. And as soon as my aunt saw my, she started crying. She was so happy because it was like seeing her late brother again. You get to hear a lot of good things about your family that you never heard of.”
Creating a theme for a family reunion is a great way to interest people and make them more likely to attend. It also makes things more fun when it comes to being imaginative with food, games, activities, invitations and just about every other aspect of the reunion.
Join Zaiyah and Uptown and the Zaiyah's House Family as they discuss this and other interesting topics
Throughout the south, African Americans celebrate their family heritage though family reunions. After the Emancipation Proclamation was signed to free the slaves in 1863, many former slaves set out to find their kin. Noted author Alex Haley's television series "Roots" prompted many African Americans to become interested in African American genealogy.
"What are the functions of African American Reunions?" Are we linking the past, presence and future? Are we putting enough emphasis on family history, educational discussions, family investments, family charitable causes, family business affairs, successsions, family estate planning and other important family matters that are vital to the family existence?
Please join host Antoinette Harrell for this upcoming discussion.
Okay people, this is the one you've been waiting for. I decided to do a show on Black Family Reunions and Holidays because I think family is the most important aspect of life we have under God. Not that I have to quantify this but I chose black families simply because that’s where my perspective is from and nothing else. Everyone has had that crazy drunk Uncle that acts a fool at the reunion, or that fast Auntee who’s kinda fine and flirty but you can’t mess with her cause she’s family. That's right I said Auntee not Aunt. And nobody will do you like family will and that's speaking from a good and bad standpoint. Y'all know what I'm talking bout. One Christmas my sister gave out Christmas gifts to the family which was the stuff she had borrowed from us throughout the year and never returned. Another year I had an Aunt make everyone get it two lines in which she wrote us checks for $10 each in the first line, then she cashed the same checks in the second line. Everybody's got stories like that from holidays and family reunions so call in or email your reunions or holiday stories to the show. The email address is email@example.com and the number to call in is (347)826-9214 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (347)826-9214 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.. Share your favorite stories on the show and tune in to blogtalkradiolcom/ask_radidio on March 28th for a fun and entertaining show where we will laugh at, and enjoy our families in love. I better get a lot of calls from the Thorpe, Booker, Lindsey, Stevens and Atkins family’s.
Communication is Key! One of the largest reasons we are seeing a breakdown in our families and relationships is due to a lack of communication or a lack of proper communication. The ability to communicate is one that was ordained by God from the creation. Without effective communication we allow misunderstandings and offense to plague our families and in many cases lead to separation, divorce and broken relationships between parents and children. Why is communication an issue in our marriages? Why is communication an issue in our relationships with our children? Since the advancement of technology how has communication changed within our families for the good and the bad? What can we do to fix the problem? Join us on Tuesday February 9, 2016 as we discuss this family matter!
What up Family,TONIGHT Tuesday 9 Feb., 2016 your invited to join Co-hosts Darlene Douglas, Edna Tulip Louise Mathews, Donald Shaw and Myself for an Exciting yet Informative show!! Black History Month is here and we have BLACK HISTORY, pre-slaveships until the current times. Also, tonight we welcome Mrs. Rosetta Spann, she have a special message to the Family you can't miss. Lastly, we open up the phone lines to hear from your family and we have important announcements about Belize Cruise and the New Orleans getwaway. There's MUCH MORE.... See u there!! . Shalom (Peace)
The Douglas Canady Family & Friends NTWK
Show times 8-10pm CST
Tonight's show link http://tobtr.com/8289553
Call phone# (914) 205-5590 to listen. Remember to press "1" to comment. These shows are recorded, you may click on this link and listen later, fast forward and rewind.
Call phone# (914) 205-5590 to listen. Remember to press "1" to comment. These shows are recorded, you may click on this link and listen later, fast forward and rewind
Did you know that if you have accepted Jesus/Yeshua as your Savior, you are a New Covenant Believer and part of a dynamic Holy Spirit Led movement called New Covenant Israel? You don't have to join anything or pay dues anywhere--you're already IN!!! And if you are part of New Covenant Israel, then you are either of the house of Judah (Jews) or the House of Israel/Ephraim (10 Lost Tribes or adoped Gentiles) and are part of YHWH's redeemed family!
Join featured author/speaker Dr. Russ (Pappy) Houck & Brendarella, his beautiful, talented wife as they share and teach on the restoration and call of the New Covenant Believer. "Ephraim Come Forth" will help you learn about your biblical, Hebraic roots and discover your identity as it was designed by your Abba Father.
The Christian family has a unique role, by God's design. Based on today's standards, one might question that. Couples and their children are taking a closer look at what family life is meant to be and can be.
Today, the battle for the family is evident! And, the family has become a target of humanism – the amoral, atheistic philosophy that pervades our whole culture. So the questions are, "How shall we go about protecting our home and our families? And what must we do?”
We need to know what God intended and purposed for the family. Families have to be aware of and discern the influences that saturate our daily life – all those things that are contrary to God's Word. Then, once we know, believe and accept these, we can make a deliberate decision to live by God's standards.
Our goal is to uncover the importance of the family and its role. We will discuss the number one enemy of the family. We will also examine the role of husband, wife, and children. And, lastly, we ask that you please pray with us about how to survive the battle of the family.
Join us for our next Hope for Today podcast and tune in for the entire "Family Matters" series, over the next several weeks. Our hope is for you and us to live out the role of family, as God intended.
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (64 chatters)
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (53 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (53 chatters)
- John Baptist (39 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (17 chatters)
- Ezekiel 339 (15 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (10 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (9 chatters)
- BeverlyD (8 chatters)
- thelordshour (8 chatters)
- Ron March Show (8 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (7 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (7 chatters)
- BULLY BLOCK RADIO LIVE (5 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (5 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- Voices of Global Freedom (5 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- Thats Novel (4 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (4 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (4 chatters)
- Papa CE (4 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- Intuitive Transformation Radio (4 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (4 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions 2 (3 chatters)
- Bridging Spirit (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- PROPHET energyreaderBrenda (3 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (2 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (2 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (2 chatters)
- Xandermonium with Xander Gibb (2 chatters)
- Vibe Radio Network (2 chatters)
- superdaveshow (2 chatters)
- The Monique Chapman Show (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- All About Us Teen Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (2 chatters)
- Bridging The Gap of Georgia (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- MPowered4Life Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (1 chatters)
- John Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Mystique Productions (1 chatters)
- CynCity Radio (1 chatters)
- EWOL MINISTRY COMMUNICATIONS (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- The Rapture rape abuse torture (1 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (1 chatters)
- Urban Therapy with Sun (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)