SORT BY Relevancy
A 90-minute episode
On this edition of Cross Encounters Radio.....
1. Tony travelled to Butler, PA (30-40 minutes north of Pittsburgh), with his three younger sisters. Butler is where Tony's generation of Miano children were born. Tony will share some deeply personal details about the trip, which was the first time in more than 40 years Tony and his sisters have returned together to Butler. Tony learned, and he saw firsthand, that it is not too late to reboot family relationships.
2. "And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will" (2 Timothy 2:24-26).
The above passage of Scripture includes a series of imperative, governing principles for life on and off "the box." Tony, Richard, and Chris will discuss what they are and how important they are today, especially in a world driven by social media and other forms of impersonal, personal communication.
Dr. Ruth Nemzoff, author of Don't Bite Your Tongue: How to Foster Rewarding Relationships with Your Adult Children (Palgrave/Macmillan, 2008) and Don't Roll Your Eyes: Making In-Laws Into Family (Palgrave/Macmillan, 2012) is our guest on Monday, December 8. She will be talking about the complexities of family relationships and how they are often exacerbated by the holiday season and family gatherings. How many times have you heard: - "prey for me - we're going to my mother-in law," or: "my son's and his wife for the holidays".
Dr. Ruth Nemzoff is a resident scholar at Brandeis University's Women's Studies Research Center. She lectures on parenting adult children, relationships and family dynamics. Her papers are archived at the Schlesinger Library at Harvard University where she also holds a doctorate in social policy. She has served three terms in the New Hampshire Legislature and was New Hampshire Deputy Commissioner of Health and Welfare. She is the mother of four adult children, four in-law children and grandmother of eight. She lives in Brookline, MA with her husband Harris Berman, Dean of Tufts University School of Medicine.
Family - Our family plays a big part in our lives. After all, they are our first teachers. Some enjoy and cherish the relationships they have with their family. They feel as if they are always growing and learning together, sharing new ideas, and implementing those ideas into their lives, improving not only their own lives but also the lives of those around them. Some may be proud of their upbringing, but along the way they feel that they have outgrown their family’s beliefs. Some may feel that they want more out of life or that they want to seek something different that is not available from where they came. It’s not that the family values are wrong, but rather that they don’t fit in their quest to evolve and grow. This can just mean that they are seekers of a different experience, one that challenges their core values in a synergistic way and fulfills our dreams.
This week’s theme has been about the types of relationships we have with people:
Types of romantic and Love-partner relationships
Types of friendships
Types of managers in the work place
Today show is about the types of family relationships we have with our relatives.
Join me Monday to Friday for insights into our lives and how we can make adjustments to enrich our enviroment.
If you are enjoying the show, please follow me on Blog Talk Radio, itunes, Stitcher, twitter, Facebook or Amazon.com
You can also find these topics and more in my book; Emotions Simplified by Glenda D. Quinto on Amazon.com
Love & Blessings...Glenda
JOIN ME FOR POP SCOTT TALKZ SHOW, WE ARE BUILDING STRONGER RELATIONSHIPS IN FAMILIES. GREAT INTERVIEWS HOSTED BY ME ALFRED SCOTT..
Love Work is being a Caregiver with Anna DeShawn & the QCrew
It's a biggie! Healing with your Family of Origin (FOO) is often a central theme for soul growth, so get ready for a wonderful conversation with Intuitive Guide, Author, and Healer Irma Kaye Sawyer about this important area of life!
Irma will share what she's learned from her guides, The Keepers, and how this healing is one of our biggest areas of growth and mastery. Irma even has a Healing Mastery Course on Spirituality University to help you move through any blocks and step into your power more!
Learn what you can do about the energy now and how you can be your powerful self in the world with greater confidence and strength - oh yes! Plus, get the inside scoop on what book Irma will be releasing next! Sounds AMAZING.
Molly McCord is a Consciousness Catalyst whose Spiritual Awakening began in 2002. She shares her gifts as a writer, author, intuitive, astrologer, messenger, and spiritual teacher in this weekly show. Discover more on her popular website, Conscious Cool Chic.com Get your free 44-page eBook here: GUIDED BY YOUR LIGHT: RIDICULOUSLY LOVING and CELEBRATING YOURSELF
Roxanne Valies is my special guest, whose running for Public Office. With the elections coming up quickly, their are so many questions many are asking and, not many people understand politics and how our country, cities or states are governed. This will enlighten you on how our country is ran and why every vote counts even in the primaries. A lot of people fail to vote in Primaries because they think it doesn't really matter. I've heard individuals say the only voting I ever do is for the Presidential. Well the President can't move on decisions without the House being in agreement. He doesn't just pass bills because he feels like it, their are policies and procedures that must be followed. We need to know more on how its done.
I.A.M.S: iMMa MoMMa AcuMens
Welcome to part two of the I.A.M.S. Being 100 Show: iMMa MoMMa AcuMens. Here we are joined by the iMMa MoMMa originator Ci MoMMa as she shares her most intimate reflections and reviews on Beauty,Relationships, Parenting and so on with her audience in the late night hour. Sweet Dreams, Pillow Talk Listeners.
in Pop Culture
Ever have a dating don't, a marriage mishap, a crush crushed??? Call in to tell us about it on Blog talk radio show, JackedUp Relationships with Tracey J. 516-387-1567 is the call in number, every Monday morning @ 10:30AM!
Not at all trying to fix your flats of relationships rides, we just want to talk about it and hopefully laugh about it.
If you can't listen or call-in live, then do the next best thing, listen to the show archives!!
Thanks for your patronage!
Join Host Live Chats
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (18 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (15 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (15 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (10 chatters)
- DBR--DragonBallRadio (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- thelordshour (8 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (7 chatters)
- Odwirafo (6 chatters)
- Rivers Spirit Messages (6 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- TimBinnall (5 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Bikers of America (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- drkate (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (3 chatters)
- Chocolate Sity (3 chatters)
- Ra Sekhi Radio (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- Nikkology (2 chatters)
- RLS Network (2 chatters)
- Naked Departure Talk Show (2 chatters)
- Conscious Black Business Network (2 chatters)
- A i m Network (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Wanda Henderson Ministries (2 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (2 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- Anthony Aniano Sports Show (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- MichICAN Nightly Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- The Goddess Suite (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)