SORT BY Relevancy
Fair Trade Towns USA National Organizer Courtney Lang discusses what needs to be done to improve Fair Trade in the southeast.
Lang has over 5 years of community organizing to Fair Trade Towns USA, building the Local Food and Fair Trade networks in Vermont.
As Local Food Coordinator with City Market/Onion River Cooperative, Courtney worked with local producers, institutions and consumers to increase market access and organize a strategic model for action through farm tours, workshops, and local food challenges.
Courtney witnessed child-labor first hand in Costa Rica.
A founding member of Fair Trade Burlington, she worked with economic development organizations, businesses, and consumers to build awareness of Fair Trade among Vermonters.
She worked with a Fair Trade USA licensee, Vermont Coffee Company, as Friend Ambassador where she united the story of Fair Trade to every purchase of coffee.
Courtney is creating programs and providing strategic direction for over 80 campaigns across the US that are seeking to increase the awareness and availability of Fair Trade products in their community.
I met Katy today who represents and works with Mayan Hands and UPAVIM Crafts while attending the Mission Presbytery meetings here in Austin, TX. Prebytery is a collection of leaders from all over the boundaries of the Mission Presbytery area within the structure of the USA Presbyterian Churches. Katy has agreed to share her "mission" and "passion" behind why she is involved in the fair trade markets/ministries and why it is so important for us all to become so involved in this process.
I'm excited for her to be a part of my show. Mark your calendars now!
Fair Trade Monday series is an attempt at educating the public about fair trade ministries/markets and how it intertwines with the causes to end global gender violence.
Websites of interest:
Mayan Hands -- http://www.mayanhands.org/
UPVIAM (Unidas Para Vivor Mejor) Crafts - http://www.upavimcrafts.org/
I met Chris Cloyd last year at the World of Hope Fair Trade Market at Hope Presbyterian Church in November 2012.
HOPE is a nonprofit corporation created to empower destitute families to lift themselves out of poverty and sickness. Though HOPE does much charity work, its primary goal is to promote justice for the oppressed by providing fair business markets where all workers can earn livable wages. HOPE markets Fair Trade products from all over the world in stores and traveling booths wherever we can, esp at churches. Each sale makes a significant impact for artisans, often just one Fair trade sale gives families more income that a week of hard labor! HOPE would love to come do a presentation and booth for your church or group. Contact Chris Cloyd for more info 512-550-9282 email@example.com
Please join us as we initiate the first of a FAIR TRADE MONDAYS series, focusing on empowerment, keeping those in poverished nations from being entrapped in gender violence issues such as domestic violence, human trafficking, sex trafficking and more while we learn why it is so important that we buy fair trade products and services whenever possible.
If you are a vendor that wishes to paricipate in our 2013 World of Hope Fair Trade Market at Hope Presbyterian in Austin, Texas, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
The fair trade ecosystem has been around for awhile with roots in Africa. Today, it is a brand that stands for many things, but at the heart is a system that increases benefits to producers in Africa and other emerging regions while also increase value to the end consumer.
Michael Nkonu, Managing Director of Fair Trade Africa based in Nairobi, Kenya joins us to share where the fair trade market is today and where it is going in the future. Creative entrepreneurs will hear insights to give them perspectives on how to do business in Africa to be successful.
Investing in Women to promote global partnerships and gender equity. Focusing on MDGs 1 and 3.
Special guest Cecilia Dinio Durkin
Cecilia has been working in Women's Economic Empowerment since living in Botswana, Africa in 2003. In 2006, she returned to the USA to sell their Fair Trade products. The retail and wholesale business she created is Women's Work which has expanded to include items from over 20 countries and now affects thousands of women from around the world. Her expertise in product development while using Fair Trade Principles has various governments sending her to work with women and women-owned businesses to develop handicrafts, marketing materials and branding of products to the US market. Last year her efforts won her a Best Practice Award from the Committee to Teach About the UN. And this year her business has been recognized by the area Chamber of Commerce by receiving the Athena Award and from Hudson Valley Magazine, Best Woman-Owned Business award for her positive impact on the lives of women.
Join us every WEDNESDAY AT MIDNIGHT for Trade Martin's fast-paced, one half-hour conservative, political talk show.
We will discuss the most current political news.
I will also take your calls at (347) 838-8898.
Trade Martin: While performing his high-energy night club act, Trade's audience is usually unaware that he has acted opposite prominent television and movie stars Frank Vincent (Soprano's & Goodfellow's), and the well-respected character actor, Vince Pastore in the feature film thriller, "West New York", composed and conducted movie scores, and arranged & produced a Grammy Award winning album by B.B. King.
Free Trade? Fair Trade? What's the difference and why should you care? How does it affect competition and prices? Tune in with Mark & Isabel to discuss this crucial and overlooked topic.
in Self Help
Visiting the Picasso museum in Barcelona, Spain, years ago led me to see an interesting and amazing thing. People—such as Picasso—who become masters of their areas of life, seek simplicity. Truth is simple. Dianne Morris Jones has created a very simple way of dealing with stress, an approach than can easily be taught to a young child. One major human emotion, shame, creates an overwhelming amount of stress in human lives. As a student of Brene’ Brown, and a Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator and Consultant, Dianne has a lot to say about how to reduce the stress of shame. Let’s get free of unneeded shame together! Click to visit Diane Morris Jones website and read more about her books!
Ask your personal questions and make comments, toll free on 888-498-0570, and chat with us on both our “locations.”
Tonight, September 17, 2014, 6:30pm EST, COLD CASE TABITHA TUDERS DISAPPEARANCE
For the first time I will work a case right on the air to document the case. Tune in Tabitha has been missing since 2009.
Linda Crystal, Forensic Astrologist, Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, Numerologist, Radio & TV Personality working on Missing Persons, Doing Charts & Parties For over 30 years. Psychic Fair Promoter, BA Forensic Psychology From State University of New York, www.lindacrystal.com Over 185 Artices Published on Yahoo Voices, Author of 3 Books: "Who Killed Mandy?" and "Mary Broad" and "Leichia Reilly, Your Family Is Waiting", (Reincarnation. Producer of Calendars, Tapes, all artwork and production.
Call In Now. Speak with a Professional REAL Astrologer! Linda Crystal
SCOTTISH SECESSION?! JOAN RIVERS, THE FIRST 'LADY' & A LOAD OF EPIC CONTROVERSY - The X Man is joined once again by Dr. Chuck Baldwin to discuss some extremely sensitive, controversial, and out of the box material. Mr. Baldwin's recent blog dealt directly with some hard hitting statements on the questionable and coincidental death of bold comedian and spokesperson Joan Rivers. Her statements in regard to Michelle O. and why so many attacked her confrontational statement, as well as why her peers may have stood in silent agreement to it. In addition, they talk about the upcoming vote in regards to a potential Scottish secession, which will likely pave the way for other countries to follow. Also, the possibility of a Texas seccession and how other states could follow after, as well as the potential national repercussions of such an event. They also touch on the North American Trade Union agreement which was implemented during the Bush administration, and how the Obama administration is bringing back to the forefront over recent months. It has to do with the removal of the Canadian and Mexican borders, along with a superhighway running between all three present countries.
Calling the party line engaging in conversations with DL brothas about sex.
CG PRESENTS™ I'm Just Sayin'...™ - the quirky radio show where you can experience your favorite things – great talk & great comedy! This week: Sandstorm cohosts! (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sandstorm7 and http://www.spreaker.com/user/josephventura) Check out the reunion (sorta) between Carla G and Sandstorm (Joseph Ventura) - as they relate phone SCAM stories and offer some advice to help you not fall victim!
And by the way, stop by each Wednesday at 1:00pm ET, so you can be a part of the fun by calling (646)716-4732. If the live show or the podcasts aren't enough for you, then connect with Carla G, Sandstorm and the IJS™ show on Twitter: @IJSTweets !
Just a quick note: THANKS TO ALL BTR & TWITTER FOLLOWERS! I APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!
Click the links below for CLASSIC "stuff"!
HILARIOUS DHCH™ episode right here!
SWAG! right here!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (84 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (59 chatters)
- The Portal (34 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (30 chatters)
- thelordshour (24 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (23 chatters)
- in5d (23 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (18 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (16 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (14 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (14 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (13 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (12 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (12 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (11 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (10 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (9 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (9 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (8 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (6 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- Rifleman (5 chatters)
- Random Rants (5 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (4 chatters)
- Omega Man (4 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (4 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (3 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (3 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (2 chatters)
- Living Astrology (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Chronical of Ladi Kay (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (2 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (2 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Fancalls (2 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (1 chatters)
- Gathering At The Well (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- Big Ticket Talk wX The Curtsy Crew (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (1 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (1 chatters)
- The Bully Effect0 (1 chatters)
- Straitway (1 chatters)
- Sportscolumndotcom (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- MRTALK (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Trek Talking (1 chatters)