SORT BY Relevancy
Another Vettel Win at Yas Marina in Abu Dhabi Sunday November 3, 2013
Red Bull champion Sebastian Vettel cruised into a 7th consecutive win around the beautiful Yas Marina race circuit. The Formula 1 race was at night under the lights, in front of a sold out crowd. Crossing the finish line second, was the much-deserved Australian, Mark Webber, Vettel's red bull teammate.
Third place became uncertain during the last few laps. For several laps throughout the race frenchman Romain Grojean with Lotus, was the sure bet to make third place. Changing track conditions and changing fortunes on the track, netted a third place finish for Nico Rosberg, with Mercedes, instead of Grosjean.
Prior to today's race, Grosjean had three consecutive podiums, and has done a great job for the Lotus team.
Rosberg’s win will keep the Mercedes team in the running for second place in the constructors.
America’s favorite F1 driver Lewis Hamilton, also with Mercedes, had car issues on Saturday during qualifying, and again on race day. He's looking forward to the race in the United States at Circuit of the Americas, where he took the win in 2012.
The next race is the USGP in big bad Austin Nov 15-17.
TUESDAY, JUNE 30, 2015 AGENDA TOPICS:
GUN CONTROL, SOUTH CAROLINA, & THE NAACP- POYNTER, STEWART, PINKNEY, MEYERS, MINNERLY, NEAL
UPDATE ON REV. PINKNEY- LARRY PINKNEY
UPDATE ON MUMIA ABU JAMAL- HENRY HIGGINS
UPDATE ON POLITICAL PRISONERS- LYNNE STEWART, SUNDIATA SADIQ, MARY NEAL
MOTHERS CRY FOR JUSTICE- JUANITA YOUNG
1. Muadi Mukenge, Program Director For Sub-Saharan Africa, Global Fund For Women; Member of Board, Priority Africa Network, joins us to talk about the Congolese Independence Day Program, Sat., June 27, 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. at Resurrection Lutheran Church, 397 Euclid Ave, Oakland. Her talk is entitled: “Women’s Participation in the Peace Process in the Great Lakes Region: Insights From A May 2015 Visit To The Congo.” The fundraising event is sponsored by Congolese United Association (831) 324-3337.
2. Theodore Lush joins us to speak about the Montgomery, AL, Maafa Commemoration, Sat., July 12, 2015, 10 am. For information visit RememberTheAncestors.com
3. Dr. Johanna Fernández is assistant professor of history at Baruch College of the City University of New York and a former Fulbright Scholar. She is editor of Writing on the Wall, Selected Prison Writings of Mumia Abu Jamal (City Lights, 2015) and of the forthcoming book When the World Was Their Stage: A History of the Young Lords Party, 1968-1974 (Princeton University Press). She is the writer and producer of the feature length film, Justice on Trial: The Case of Mumia Abu-Jamal.
4. 38th Annual Bay Area Playwrights Festival, July 17-26: Amy Mueller, Artistic director, and featured playwrights: Tearrance Chisholm, Hooded or Being Black for Dummies; Kara Lee Corthron’s Welcome To Fear City. Visit PlaywrightsFoundation.org
After celebrating Dads everywhere, Nascar and Indycar are back in action, this time at Auto Club Speedway and Sonoma! PLUS, get the inside scoop from F1 as teams tested new pieces of equipment! AND get a sneak peek at the Las Vegas edition of Motorsports Apex coming on July 8th! All coming up tonight on Motorsports Apex
in Self Help
OK we are back, moving is a pain... Well one after another, it just don't seem to ever stop. As we have been talking and building the NU CODE for several months now, we can clearly see why we need it. Brother Dr Umar Abdullah Johnson done violated the code.....No not the NU CODE, but his own code regarding relationships. No room for "CULT OF PERSONALITY" EVERYBODY got to answer. Of cause at the same time South Carolina is producing some killers.
Join US Wednesday night 8PM eastern time Call in 646-564-9840
TUESDAY, JUNE 23, 2015 AGENDA TOPICS
WHAT IS CAPITALISM?- POYNTER & ALL PARTICIPATING GUESTS
THE CHARLESTON MASSACRE: Everything is connected, including the recent NAACP incident in which a young woman tried to pass for Black. In doing so, she is fulfilling the worst false fear of white supremacy i. e. that being Black is a benefit and that Black people are taking over everything which in turn is connected to capitalism and the materialistic dreams of acquisition.
UPDATE ON CURRENT STRUGGLES - special guests
UPDATE ON REV. PINKNEY- Larry Pinkney
UPDATE ON MUMIA ABU JAMAL - Suzanne Ross
POLITICAL PRISONER UPDATES
In a dramatic start in turn one, Mercedes AMG driver Nico Rosberg, got out in front of pole sitter Lewis Hamilton, and drove all the way to the finish line, at the Formula One Grand Prix, in Austria. It was a must win race for Rosberg, and in his mind, there was no doubt that he could win. Rosberg’s closest competition since the start of the season has been championship leader and teammate, Lewis Hamilton, followed by fellow German and four-time champion, Sebastian Vettel. Neither if the champions could catch Rosberg on the track or throw him off his game.
In a desperate bid to win and stay in championship contention, Rosberg did not let anything faze him until the last few laps of the race when he was heard on team radio nervously telling his team he felt vibrations, and asking them to keep an eye on it. Rosberg’s lead was never in jeopardy as he drove a steady, and confident race. This is Rosberg’s third win of the season, and closes the gap between him and Hamilton to, 10-points for the driver’s championship.
Lewis Hamilton, in spite of a five-second penalty for crossing the white line going into the pit lane, held on to a second place win. All week long, Hamilton had been experiencing issues with the set-up of the car, but still managed to achieve pole. Hamilton congratulated his teammate for the win and is looking forward to his home race at Silverstone, in Great Britain.
Surprisingly, Williams-Martini driver Felipe Massa was third on the podium, his first of the season, while Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel came in fourth and Massa’s teammate at Williams, Valtteri Bottas was fifth.
Winning in Austria was very much connected to Rosberg’s sense of pride. The Austrian Grand Prix was as close to his birthplace of Germany, as he will get all season, and winning there, was important to him.
Stay tuned to Xiro Xone Autosport News
Is ISIS a threat to America? Most Americans feel that all the ISIS activity is in a distant, far away place and has nothing to do with the avarage American going to the store, or filling the car with gas, maybe taking the kids to school, ...well what if your wrong !!! ...ISIS operatives are likely already inside America, but nobody knows how many, where, or in what capacity. - our border is so porous, and they could easily come across the southern border as thousands of people do every day,. “And they could have Western passports from a country which requires no visa. My guess is there are ISIS fighters in the country doing advance scouting, studying all the preliminary things a professional terror attack takes into account, because a professional terrorist attack takes months to set up.”ISIS is an offshoot of Al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI). As an October 2014 Congressional Research Service report explained, “The Islamic State’s ideological and organizational roots lie in the forces built and led by the late Abu Musab al Zarqawi in Iraq from 2002 through 2006—Tawhid wal Jihad (Monotheism and Jihad) and Al Qaeda in the Land of the Two Rivers (aka Al Qaeda in Iraq, or AQ-I). Following Zarqawi’s death at the hands of U.S. forces in June 2006, AQ-I leaders repackaged the group as a coalition known as the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI).” In April 2013, having expanded its operations into Syria the year before, the group renamed itself ISIS.
TUESDAY, JUNE 16, 2015 PROGRAM TOPICS
THE STATUS OF BLACK PEOPLE TODAY -RALPH POYNTER & GUEST
UPDATE ON REV. PINKNEY- LARRY PINKNEY
UPDATE ON MUMIA ABU JAMAL- SUZANNE ROSS
UPDATE ON POLITICAL PRISONERS- ANNE LAMB
UPDATE ON CURRENT STRUGGLES- SPECIAL GUESTS
Frank from the IndySportsCar Podcast joins me at the Co Host desk for the first time as we look back at Texas/Pocono/Canada and look ahead to the next race!
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (29 chatters)
- Curious Times (26 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (22 chatters)
- AlimBey (10 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (6 chatters)
- GGT183 (5 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- Homer Hambone (3 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (3 chatters)
- Psychic Cow (2 chatters)
- jwanyvette1 (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- The Neo Soul Show (2 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SCW Entertainment (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (1 chatters)
- Hot Topics Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Free Your Mind8 (1 chatters)
- Anne Angelheart (1 chatters)
- What time it is (0 chatters)