SORT BY Relevancy
Join Linda Benyo and Dr. Doug for a lively discussion on the topic of entitlement. We constantly hear these days how we "deserve" many things from spirit, yet we also see, especially in the younger generation, grand expectations that are often not met. We will explore this dichotomy and get to the root issues, as well as discuss how these two things can co-exist.
In the United States, we are seeing a surgence of those who feel entitled to free goods and services. Whether it is adults who feel entitled to a cell phone, health insurance and housing to teenagers who expect their parents to pay their way well into adulthood, this mentality does not bode well for the future of our country.
How did we get here and how we can confront the entitlement mentality?
While offering freebies may help some win elections, the irony is that these programs only hurt those they intended to help and they are unstantainable.
The late Margaret Thatcher said it best, "Eventually you run out of other people's money."
Our guest will be Darryl Pettit, Founder of Conservative Junction.
TOPDAY ON THE BRUNCH WE WILL TALK ABOUT Entitlement" A lot of people today depend on Welfare and thats ok to get a lil help but some people think they are Entittleed to Things and take advantage of the ststem . Also our mini topic is FEAR, AND HOW TO BECOME FEARLESS. HOSTED BY INDIA MOREL AND MARTIN C.
Proverbs 28:11 The rich are wise in their own eyes;one who is poor and discerning sees how deluded they are.
Anyone can see their devious behavior. When the wealthy describe "entitlement" programs that benefit the poor and then fight to keep tax breaks for the wealthy and massive subsidies for billion dollar companies they reveal their true hypocrisy.
Ecclesiastes 5:8-10 If you see the poor oppressed in a district, and justice and rights denied, do not be surprised at such things; for one official is eyed by a higher one, and over them both are others higher still. The increase from the land is taken by all; the king himself profits from the fields.Whoever loves money never has enough;whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless
These secret networks of the extreme wealthy class is nothing new and neither is the emptiness of their lives.
A special time and format this week with two different topics and guests.
Moving for just this week to a 6:30pm Eastern start time, our guest for the first 30-minutes will be Lieutenant Ben Kohlmann, USN – Founder of Disruptive Thinkers, F/A-18 pilot, member of the CNO’s Rapid Innovation Cell, and Co-Founder Defense Entrepreneurs Forum. He will be on to give us an overview of DEF2014 that ends this weekend.
For the following hour our, guest will be Major Carl "Skin" Forsling, USMC. He will be on to discuss some of the broader issues he raises in his article earlier this month, Unpacking The Veteran Entitlement Spectrum, and perhaps some more as well.
Skin is a Marine MV-22B pilot and former CH-46E pilot. He has deployed with and been an instructor in both platforms. He has also served as a military advisor to an Afghan Border Police battalion. He is currently Executive Officer at Marine Medium Tiltrotor Training Squadron 204, training Osprey pilots and aircrew for the Marine Corps and Air Force. He earned his batchelor's degree from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and his master's from Boston University. His writing has appeared in the Marine Corps Gazette, USNI Proceedings, Small Wars Journal, and Approach, among others (available at carlforsling.tumblr.com). Follow him on Twitter @carlforsling.
In the first edition of the recovery radio podcast for 2014, Host David Gerber speaks with St. Christopher's Inn staff member Michael Boccia about a Arrogance and Entitlement Issues in Recovery. Together, they explore the origins of these character defects, and ways in which the staff at St. Christopher's Inn addresses the issue.
On this episode, Hot Topics Talk Radio will address two issues on one night.
In the first hour, we will discuss the issues of entitlement. We will not only look at the formal meaning of entitlement, and how it plays in the lives of men and women, but also the parallel of privilege, values and morality, and how it affects relationships.
In the second hour, we will address the question that continues to be on the minds of men and women. We will discuss the elements of who’s supposed to pick up the tab when dating.
One show, two topics, and we’re going in deep with the listeners on this episode. So, you don’t want to miss this one!
Join us on Wednesday, July 10, 2013
9pm Pacific/ 11pm Central/ 12Midnight Eastern
Call (646) 200-3148 to voice your views. Or listen live from your computer and join the chatroom conversation.
Is there a sense of entitlement for parents and students to progress just because its "time"? Are we teaching our children achievement is obtained by just showing up, not putting the work in inorder to achieve. Have we lost the understanding that failure is a part of moving forward, and growing. What happened to the notion falling down 10 getting up 11?
Entitlement comes with hard work.
Do you think society has become a bunch of spoiled entitled brats who want everything but not willing to do anything to earn it!?
Tune in to Playing Devil's Advocate™ hosted Ms. KiKi , this week as the crew tackles the topic of this lazy, "I want something for nothing" society! KiKi is on a rampage & wants to know how we got here, what ways you have contributed to this epidemic & what we can do to stop it!
And if that's not enough we have our Producer's "Drink of the Week", and our weekly “Ask PDA” advice letter!! If you want to give your two cents....contact us on Facebook, Twitter, via email, or in our interactive chat room or LIVE on-air Wed night!
ALL VIEWS WELCOME!!
Playing Devil’s Advocate™
Uncensored, Unscripted, UNAPOLOGETIC!!!
Perpetuation of racial entitlement? Thus says the judge of the Supreme Court Of The United States. Time for leaders to participate in some good old American word games. Clarification of what words mean to them vs meaning in today's society.
Jeopardy categories: Racial Entitlement; Binders of Women; 47% living off free stuff; Children and grandchildren won't have the same freedom and opportunities you enjoy;
Supreme court decisions are not to be political judgments being imposed on the masses. Eat the broccoli decisions? Judges pillow talk decisions?
Join Host Live Chats
- Bigfoot Hotspot (197 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (145 chatters)
- John Baptist (104 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (44 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (41 chatters)
- Kinghuman (17 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (17 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (16 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (16 chatters)
- Black Author Network (14 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (13 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (12 chatters)
- The Invisible College Radio (12 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (12 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (9 chatters)
- NDB Media (9 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (9 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (8 chatters)
- CopRot Radio (6 chatters)
- Life Conversations (6 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (5 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (5 chatters)
- New Beginnings Radio (5 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (4 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- African On The Move (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Darryl James (3 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (3 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (3 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (3 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (3 chatters)
- PrismRadio (3 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (3 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (3 chatters)
- world street hip hop (2 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (2 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (2 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (2 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- DiYAHGuRL1 (1 chatters)
- James Valentine (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (1 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (1 chatters)
- World Ingathering of YisraEL (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Being Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- NTEB (1 chatters)
- Natures Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (1 chatters)
- spiritualactivists (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (0 chatters)
- Married 2 Change Radio (0 chatters)