SORT BY Relevancy
Following the Conservative Political Action Conference, everyone is prescribing different paths to victory for the GOP. But what exactly is the surefire way to win, and who do they think is their best shot? On this episode of Rational Culture Elliot points out that once again, philosophy is the motive power of any culture, and conservatives and Republicans still have some housecleaning to do philosophically.
In the modern culture, the dollar sign ($) is used to indicate avarice, greed, obscene wealth. Cartoon characters, usually villains, have vaults filled to the brim with sacks of gold emblazened with '$'. Money has become a bad thing, a bad word. But what exactly is money? Is it the root of all evil, like so many have said? What about the *love* of money?
On this week's Rational Culture with Elliot Rivera, the history behind the sign of the dollar is examined and, using the famous speech made by Francisco D'Anconia in Atlas Shrugged, Elliot formulates a defense of money, the profit motive, capitalism - and the love of it all.
One of the most over-used phrases recently is "Check your privilege", as in, "Check your white privilege" before making statements about other peoples' races, cultures, sexualities, etc. But as Elliot points out in this week's episode, the "white privilege" meme is nothing more than yet another assault on Man's rational faculty by attempting to delegitimize one of its most crucial functions: judgment. Collectivists seek to eliminate judgment in the hopes that they can evade the objective recognition of their evil ideology. Tune in at 3:00 pm ET for Elliot's defense of judgment.
Is Obamacare actually a moral policy, or not? How do we judge its morality? What creed/ethics does it rest on, and why should we check its premises? On this episode, Elliot examines why Obamacare and other government intrusions into the private sector are not just ineffectual, but immoral.
A culture is the summation of the intellectual achievements of men and women who live and work together closely. So if the culture is in decline, what does that say about our society's intellectuals? In this debut episode of Rational Culture with Elliot Rivera, Elliot uses Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectivism to serve as our armor in the battle against the destruction of the truly unique American culture from its political, intellectual and artistic establishments.
You know how HARD it is to describe terrific musicians that you've known for several years? Well - it IS! LOL! These incredible artists have thrilled crowds all over the WORLD - and they are both from the talent-rich Baltimore/Washington area.
Ray Gaskins will start the second hour of the show with his news - and there is ALWAYS news from Ray :) He has been touring with Roy Ayers - trust me, Roy keeps hims busy! But Ray has his own company, his own gigs and a life in Baltimore that has him on the run. We're glad to have him back in Charm City. For a few years, he was based in the United Kingdom, where love for Jazz seemed to be more profitable. Ray is truly loved there - and elsewhere around the globe. But he needed his "roots" again - and we needed HIM! That's how Phyllis Hyman felt about him, too. Ray spent time with the beloved Soul Superstar - and he worked with The Brand New Heavies, too. His discography speaks volumes - and we'll get to some tracks so you can HEAR the magic!
Elliot Levine is considered one of the Masters on keyboards. You spend a night at his various shows around the region and you clearly understand why. It's not just his technique and the swiftness of those fingers - but it's how he "zones" when he plays. You'll never see anyone like him. Like Ray, Elliot has a number of CDS that reflect his profound skill. Songwriting, too. His music has been featured on TBS, he has scored for an Emmy-nominated documentary, and has toured with the late Wilson Pickett - and STILL tours with Heatwave.
With how the Summer has been flying by, it's good to have our friends on NOW. There might be a time when we'll have a week or so without "Hybrid Jazz" - in our prep time for a Florida move. To have this chance is gold :-D Join us!
In the modern culture, "discrimination" is considered to be a bad thing. It's become synonymous with "prejudice" and "ignorance". But what exactly is discrimination - is it an act of bigotry or a necessary epistemological occurence? On this episode of Rational Culture Elliot explores the necessity of discrimination and how we all, in our own way, discriminate on a daily basis on many different grounds.
Between Eich's forced resignation and countless violations of people's rights, when do the bullied become the bullies? What makes them tick? On this episode of Rational Culture, we examine the continuing encroachment onto individual liberties by the very people who once championed them. From Mozilla to Colorado, how have we come to this point?
In this new episode, Jory will talk about Elliot Rodger and his twisted thinking. What could have possibly went wrong in the mind of this young man, whose hatred towards women propelled him to do such crimes. Jory will talk about Rodgers life, mental illness, and murder/suicide. Show is subject to rescheduling with a 30 min time limit. Breaks will be shorter and less frequent to alot time for each segment.
Following the showdown in Nevada over the Bundy Ranch, many people are starting to get somewhat trigger-happy for a revolution against the government. But when is it actually time to fight back? When should we continue to follow the Rule of Law, and when should we start acting in our rational self-interest should the Rule of Law continue to encroach on our lives? On this episode of Rational Culture we'll discuss why the Bundy Ranch saga is not the hill for liberty-lovers to die on - and what hypothetical situation would actually warrant our standing up against the government.
DIANE GRIMBLE MINISTRIES & FRIENDS PRESENTS "THE PROPHETIC HOUR"
Hosted by Pastor Kerry-Ann Shaw. She is standing in for Mother Apostle Pollyette Parker-Elliot. Pastor Kerry Ann's Topic will be Identifying God's will for your Life.
When: Monday, September 29, 2014
Time: 10am- Noon Pacific, 11am-1pm Mountain, 12 Noon -2pm Central, 1pm Eastern
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (126 chatters)
- John Baptist (82 chatters)
- Channel Panel (74 chatters)
- in5d (70 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (62 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (41 chatters)
- DDP Radio (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (21 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (20 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (19 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (16 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (16 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (16 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- AlimBey (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (11 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (11 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (10 chatters)
- Tarhaka (10 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (8 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (8 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (8 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (8 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (8 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (7 chatters)
- canadianglen (7 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (7 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (7 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (6 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (6 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (6 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (6 chatters)
- DentTrainerXcom (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (5 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- The Organic View (5 chatters)
- sun752 (4 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (4 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (4 chatters)
- David and Wes (4 chatters)
- George Ramirez (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (3 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- The URC Show (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (3 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (2 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (2 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (2 chatters)
- The Soon2BeCatLady Show (2 chatters)
- TWR Radio (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio0 (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (2 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- 12kyle (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (2 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Rose Chat (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (1 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (1 chatters)
- The Tabernacle Dwells IN YOU (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)