SORT BY Relevancy
Award winning author Electa Rome Parks & JC Gardner LIVE on TRIBE Family Channel™ Literary Festival.
Hosted by the creator of TRIBE Family Channel, Yours truly, Beverly.
About Electa Rome Parks:
Dubbed a "book club favorite," avid readers have embraced Electa Rome Parks’ novels and unforgettable, true to life characters that tackle prevalent and heavy hitting issues.
Electa is an award-winning, national bestselling author of several mainstream and erotic novels with Penguin Group, HarperCollins and Kensington.
About JC Gardner:
Ever since the age of twelve, JC Gardner has aspired to be an author. Writing stories became an escape, a way for her imagination to come alive on the handwritten pages of steno pads, notebooks and journals. A closet writer for many years due to a series of unfortunate events, when it came to sharing her writing, a cloud of self-doubt would follow that it wasn’t worthy or good enough; it would stay buried, deep within a drawer, a satchel, or just locked up in her mind. An extrovert by nature, slowly but surely her love of writing seeped into homemade greeting cards, personalized poems for friends, song lyrics and of course, lots of stories.
Guest host LJ Jamela Thomas interviews Electa Rome Parks, an award-winning, national bestselling author of several other mainstream (Loose Ends and Almost Doesn't Count) and erotic (These Are My Confessions, Ladies' Night Out, Diary of a Stalker, True Confessions and The Stalker Chronicles) novels with Penguin Group, HarperCollins and Kensington. Electa was highlighted in Literary Divas:The Top 100+ Most Admired African-American Women in Literature and has written articles for several on-line magazines. The self-proclaimed, Queen of Real, Electa has been a frequent guest on radio shows, has been nominated for many industry awards and has been interviewed by newspapers, AOL's Black Voices, Vibe Vixen, Upscale Magazine, Today's Black Woman, Rolling Out and Booking Matters, to name just a few.
This show is ponsored, in part, by: TBA
Electa Rome Parks discusses her roles as mother and writer, what she hopes to leave her children, and her 5th and upcoming novel, "Diary of a Stalker".
Electa is the author of "The Ties that Bind," "Loose Ends," "Almost Doesn't Count," and "Ladies Night Out.
She is also a contributor to, "These Are My Confessions".
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa D. Smith, mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio, streaming live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the hotel headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 411 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Parks in Peril: Panel discussion with National Parks Conservation Association representatives Mark Wenzler - Senior Vice President of Conservation Programs, Ulla Reeves - Clean Air Campaign Manager, Stephanie Adams - Yellowstone Program Manager.
- Keeping Wildlife in the Wild – Adam Roberts – CEO of Born Free USA, discusses trapping issues in National Wildlife Refuges.
- Artists in National Parks – Artists Danielle Reddick and Giuseppe Quinn discuss the National Parks Arts Foundation’s Artist-in-Residence program at Chaco Culture National Historical Park in Aztec, New Mexico.
- Save The Park Game - Meredith Hahn – VP Corporate Social Responsibility for American Express, and Susanna Pollack – President of Games for Change, discuss the new mobile game that benefits the National Parks Service.
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa D. Smith, mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Happy Hour variety show, that airs live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the hotel headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 411 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Jordan Journey – Travel writer Linda Kissam ‘Food, Wine & Shopping Diva’ talks about her recent travels through Jordan. Linda is the President of the International Food, Wine & Travel Writers Association.
- Biscayne Marine Reserve - Caroline McLaughlin, Biscayne Program Manager at National Parks Conservation Association talks about creating a Marine Preserve in Biscayne National Park.
- Excellence in Music – Shelley King, acclaimed Austin-based singer-songwriter, and first female Texas state musician.
My guest today says "Let’s say goodbye to stressed out, stuck and unfulfilled. Goodbye under-achieving, under accomplishing, under-earning. Let’s send a shout out to all-things-accomplishment." She helps women be more rooted, establishing their place in the world as high powered women and business leaders. I know you are going to really enjoy hearing from Susan-Jane Rome.
Unresolved feelings and insurmountable pain left her unsure of herself, reaching for anything that took her outside of herself. Now, she uses the depth of her experiences, the trials and tumult to help you be successful, fulfilled, and whole.
As always thank you so very much for listening!
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa D. Smith, mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Happy Hour variety show, that airs live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the hotel headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 410 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- National Geographic Celebrates “The Year Of The Parks” - Ford Cochran - Director of Programming for National Geographic Expeditions, discusses the 8th edition ‘National Geographic Guide to National Parks of the United States’ and ‘National Geographic Kids National Parks Guide USA Centennial Edition'
- Connecting with Coincidence - Dr. Bernard D. Beitman discusses his new book, ‘Connecting with Coincidence: The New Science for Using Synchronicity and Serendipity in Your Life’.
- Starting Now– Singer-songwriter Idalee talks about his second chance in life, and his new EP ‘Starting Now’.
- Jump The Fire – Evie Ladin discusses her band’s new album ‘Jump The Fire’ that combines tradition folk with African influences.
- Yuma Criminal Cool-Aid Cocktail – Heather Witherington, Yuma Landing Bar & Grill
In this episdoe of Pot Talk Radio we share The Story of Jessica Parks ~ Cannabis Raids & Kids. Learn more about cannabis raids and why? How the children are effected. Remember, No-one belongs in jail for a plant.
Jessica Parks Facebook Page:
Chicago's Black Business Radio Network
(All Black! All News! All You!)
This segment is Art and Social Justice Issues, a combination some listeners might not be aware of. My goal is to connect you to social justice issues through art.
On today's show, How and Why to Get Involved in the Creation of the Peace Parks of North Lawndale, Chicago Urban Art Retreat Center's Ms Dianna C Long talks why it is important for people to get involved in social justice activism. She also talks about the Peace Parks of North Lawndale Project. She explains why it is important to support this project for youth and the community at large. She also talks about the many events of this year at the first Peace Park
Thank you for listening to Art and Social Justice Issues. I'm Dianna C Long and I am about connecting people to social justice issues through art.
If you would like to sponsor one of our upcoming shows, please contact our show's Executive Producer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dianna C Long, Host of "Art and Social Justice Issues"
Chicago's Black Business Radio Network
Join Host Live Chats
There are no live chats in progress