SORT BY Relevancy
S.T.E.M AND CAREER/TECH EDUCATION : K-12 AND BEYOND
Connecting K-12 /Community Colleges and Workforce Education
Mary Paramore, Director of Business and Industry at Pitt Community College is our guest
Presented by PITSCO www.pitsco.com @pitscoed
The upcoming San Francisco Ed Tech Forum with Dr Karen Billings
The Innovation Incubator PLUS...
Presented by MMS EDUCATION
ACTE 'S MICAHEL CONNET IS OUR GUEST. WITH SETM EDUCATION TAKING THE LEAD, TRAINING TEACHERS PROPERLY TO POINT STUDENTS TO THAT CAREER AREA IS BECOIMING MORE IMPORTANT EVERY DAY.
When someone mentions standards in education most people assume they are referring to curriculum or instructional standard. Get ready to delve into the world of technical standards that serve as the foundation of our digital offerings. We’ll take a look at a wide variety of such standards and examine how they impact your product implementation, platform support, and business development.
For those of you who shy away from the technical, this is an opportunity to unwrap some of the jargon you hear but have been too embarrassed to ask about… xml, HTML5, APIP, Dublin Core, RDFa all sound familiar but you have no idea what they mean? Stop just nodding knowingly and learn what you need to know to engage in discussion about how to apply these standards to make the best products.
For those propeller heads out there, we have a seat at the Table for you as well. Get up to date on the latest happenings on several different standards and join the online discussion. It’s a veritable technical feast!
Knowledge is key to driving business and structuring your solutions so you can address the needs of your customers. Join host Michael Jay and guests as they explore the structure behind standards and answer questions such as:
How are instructional standards continuing to evolve?
What are the impacts instructional standards have on teaching and learning?
What standards are used by publishers and development shops?
What impact do standards have on my business?
Experts and beginners alike can embrace the value of understanding more about standards, and the common misconceptions.
1. Bethann Canada, Director of Education Information Management
2. Jim Goodell, Senior Analyst at Quality Information Partners, Inc.
3. Matt Howard, Manager of Digital Experience Strategy at Zaner-Bloser
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT IN MATH EDUCATION
Mind Research Institute sponsored a Math fair in Orange County CA that was attended by over 4,000 parents and students. Dr Matt Peterson, of MRI is our guest about all their continuing community outreach !
EDUCATION INDUSTRY: THE EDNET CONFERENCE
Conference Director Vicki Bigham with special guests Steve Hodas, Executive Director , Office of Innovation, NYC Dept. of Education and Robin Warner, Managing Director at DeSilva and Phillips, both EDNET presenters
www.ednetconference.com @ednetbiz #ednet14
Presented by MMS Education
CAREER EDUCATION: COLLEGE CREDIT FOR FOR TECHNICAL COMPETENCE
Our guest is John Foster, CEO of NOCTI, , the national credentialing and professional development body for the Career and Tech Ed Community
SIIA gives us a preview of this important annual yearly event taking place in NYC the 2nd week of December. An interesting sidelight of the meeting is always the Innnovator Showcase; many of the new people in Ed Tech are educators themselves. This is a show all should listen to as Ed Tech continually epxmand
Science Education: The Next Generation
What does it take to implement a science standard at a national level? National scale standards in the US level have been controversial and the science standards are no different. The Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) have taken an inventive approach to describe and represent the inherently complex process of how we engage learners in making sense of the world around them.
Science benefits from having a degree of universality like mathematics making the content somewhat less controversial than language arts or the social sciences. However, helping educators understand what it looks like to integrate those standards into their teaching, engage their students in learning and develop understanding is no small task. The NGSS delves into the process and content of science, while incorporating other standards. How is this reflected in pre-service and in-service programs that will support educators and school administrator’s practices to embrace the intent of these standards?
What are the expectations of publishers implementing the standard? How can educators use the standard to support their teaching methods, and how should parents expect that science teaching would look different? Join Michael Jay and guests as they discuss Science Education and how it will change science education for decades to come.
Peter McLaren, Science and Technology Specialist, Rhode Island Department of Education
Pat Shane, Ph.D., Executive Director, NC Science Leadership Association (NCSLA)
Ted Willard, Program Director, National Science Teaching Association (NSTA)
Show will discuss Atlanta's prominence as a national leader in k-12 education. We will discuss the achievement gap in Atlanta, retention of good teachers, and the recent leadership changes in the Atlanta public school system. This episode will focus on various factors which are responsible for the system's success and failure, and key causes for the achievement gap in the greater Atlanta region in addition to sound strategy for providing opportunities for Atlanta youth.
Join Host Live Chats
- Curious Times (36 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (31 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (16 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (15 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (13 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (12 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (12 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (11 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (9 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (9 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (8 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (8 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (7 chatters)
- Love Productions (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (6 chatters)
- Ron Reck (6 chatters)
- Bay Bridge Sports Hub (5 chatters)
- TalkNChitwTraCGmore (5 chatters)
- The Essence of Success Network (4 chatters)
- The Jacob Kohinoor Show (3 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- thedean (3 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (3 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (3 chatters)
- Dave in the City (3 chatters)
- Diva of DOOL (3 chatters)
- Derek Davis (2 chatters)
- Coachjeanna (2 chatters)
- Bar Room Atheist (2 chatters)
- AFCWest (2 chatters)
- Neela Namaste (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (2 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (1 chatters)
- TimNolan1941 (1 chatters)
- Tony Robinson El (1 chatters)
- ToughSkinn Radio (1 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- EarlandHannah (1 chatters)
- Elavase (1 chatters)
- Ivie League Prod (1 chatters)
- Anne Angelheart (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Coachjack (1 chatters)
- Dreams and Visions (1 chatters)