SORT BY Relevancy
Student equity and education advocacy rhetoric has often pitted teachers and educators against, essentially, everyone else. But, teachers are doing tremendous things to force change for equity from within and to deliver empowering social justice instruction to their students.
My guests will talk to us about the language of equity and what it takes for teachers to be successful advocates for equity in their schools. Enid Lee is the Director of Enidlee Consultants and is a teacher educator, researcher, writer, consultant, facilitator, and speaker. Deborah Menkart is the Executive Director of Teaching for Change, which provides teachers and parents with the tools to create schools where students learn to read, write, and change the world.
Host, Allison R. Brown, Esq., is a civil rights attorney and President of Allison Brown Consulting (ABC).
When someone mentions standards in education most people assume they are referring to curriculum or instructional standard. Get ready to delve into the world of technical standards that serve as the foundation of our digital offerings. We’ll take a look at a wide variety of such standards and examine how they impact your product implementation, platform support, and business development.
For those of you who shy away from the technical, this is an opportunity to unwrap some of the jargon you hear but have been too embarrassed to ask about… xml, HTML5, APIP, Dublin Core, RDFa all sound familiar but you have no idea what they mean? Stop just nodding knowingly and learn what you need to know to engage in discussion about how to apply these standards to make the best products.
For those propeller heads out there, we have a seat at the Table for you as well. Get up to date on the latest happenings on several different standards and join the online discussion. It’s a veritable technical feast!
Knowledge is key to driving business and structuring your solutions so you can address the needs of your customers. Join host Michael Jay and guests as they explore the structure behind standards and answer questions such as:
How are instructional standards continuing to evolve?
What are the impacts instructional standards have on teaching and learning?
What standards are used by publishers and development shops?
What impact do standards have on my business?
Experts and beginners alike can embrace the value of understanding more about standards, and the common misconceptions.
1. Bethann Canada, Director of Education Information Management
2. Jim Goodell, Senior Analyst at Quality Information Partners, Inc.
3. Matt Howard, Manager of Digital Experience Strategy at Zaner-Bloser
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT IN MATH EDUCATION
Mind Research Institute sponsored a Math fair in Orange County CA that was attended by over 4,000 parents and students. Dr Matt Peterson, of MRI is our guest about all their continuing community outreach !
EDUCATION INDUSTRY: THE EDNET CONFERENCE
Conference Director Vicki Bigham with special guests Steve Hodas, Executive Director , Office of Innovation, NYC Dept. of Education and Robin Warner, Managing Director at DeSilva and Phillips, both EDNET presenters
www.ednetconference.com @ednetbiz #ednet14
Presented by MMS Education
College tuition and associated costs are rising, making it more and more difficult for students to enroll in college and stay there through graduation. On this episode, my guests and I will talk about scholarships - traditional and not - as tools for educational equity.
Nkechi Taifa is the founder of SCHOLARgifts, a crowdfunding platform for educational opportunities. Felecia Hatcher is the co-owner of Feverish Ice Cream & Gourmet Pops. She is also the author of The "C" Student's Guide to Scholarships and is widely regarded as the Scholarship Guru.
Host Allison R. Brown is a civil rights attorney and President of Allison Brown Consulting (ABC), which works with schools and other organizations to create education equity plans and promote equity in education in compliance with federal civil rights law.
Special Education has consistently been a difficult challenge for school districts, both programmatically and financially. In times when financial resources are limited yet academic expectations high, it can sometimes split a community.
To identify ways to control cost, while preserving the quality of special education, NJSBA created the Special Education Task Force in January 2013. The task force spent over a year, consulting with more than 25 experts in special education and reviewing the literature on the delivery and financing of special education services, with a special focus on academic achievement.
The resulting report of the Special Education Task Force, “Special Education: A Service, Not a Place,” includes recommendations for strategies to improve delivery of services and control costs. Please join host Ray Pinney as he discusses the report’s findings with the task force chair Dr. Gerald Vernotica, along with task force members Michael Lee and Irene LeFebvre.
As we approach the 60th anniversary of the Brown v. Board of Education decision, an important new study reveals a separate and unequal system of education in this country. This new research indicates that the proliferation of charter schools is not benefiting our nation's most vulnerable children and is potentially detrimental to them. Not only that, but the current motivations behind the charter movement are not entirely altruistic.
Dr. Gordon Lafer is the author of that study, and he joins us on this episode of Know-It-All to talk about the disturbing results and about what we can do to counter the movement and focus on equity for all of our children.
Host Allison R. Brown is a civil rights attorney and President of Allison Brown Consulting (ABC), which creates education equity plans and promotes equity in education in compliance with federal civil rights law.
Franchise Capital Exchange (FCX) is the only event of its kind where franchisors present their business opportunities to potential investors in an effort to secure capital to fuel their future. Now in its 3rd year, Franchise Capital Exchange is THE venue for capital investors and franchise companies to meet, network and exchange information with the end goal of placing equity.
Join Deb Evans and Jack Monson as they talk to FCX Founder Susan Black-Beth (also COO Super Wash Franchise).
HOW CIVIC ENGAGEMENT IS IMPACTING THE VOICE OF EDUCATION
NACCTEP ( Community College Teacher Ed programs) Executive Director Kim Tobey is joined by Lisa Strahley, Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education at SUNY Broome CC.
CAREER EDUCATION: COLLEGE CREDIT FOR FOR TECHNICAL COMPETENCE
Our guest is John Foster, CEO of NOCTI, , the national credentialing and professional development body for the Career and Tech Ed Community
THE NATIONAL COUNCIL OF TEACHERS OF ENGLISH: NCTE
What's Really Happening in Literacy Teacher Education
University of Louisville Early Childhood Prof Kathryn Whitmore and
Colorado State's Louann Reid are our NCTE guests.
Listen to founder and President dr Eric Cooper about the challkenging situation in Baton Rought and his iopinions on student directed education
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (458 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (94 chatters)
- John Baptist (38 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (26 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (26 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (15 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (14 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- thelordshour (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (11 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (9 chatters)
- EBN Talk Radio (9 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (9 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (8 chatters)
- thedean (8 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (6 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (6 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (6 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (6 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- Omega Man (6 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (5 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (5 chatters)
- 63489 (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (5 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (4 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Patriot Family (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (3 chatters)
- FreedomReigns (3 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (2 chatters)
- Bare It All (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Broderic Adams (2 chatters)
- Deeper Truth (2 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Midwest LSA Expo 2014 (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (2 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (1 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Mikeisha (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- Allyssa Narvaez Online (1 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (1 chatters)
- FFToolbox (1 chatters)
- Fightin Words Radio (1 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- Wicce Women (1 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (0 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (0 chatters)