SORT BY Relevancy
NOTHING LIKE A DAME: Conversations with the Great Women of Musical Theater (February 2014) is a collection of exclusive interviews with twenty of the greatest leading women of Broadway, by journalist Eddie Shapiro. “The history of musical theater is full of incredible, indelible female roles,” writes Elaine Paige in her Foreword to NOTHING LIKE A DAME. “Elphaba, Cassie, Reno Sweeney, Nellie Forbush, Millie Dill¬mount, Marian the Librarian, Effie White, Ruth Sherwood, Lorelei Lee…NOTHING LIKE A DAME features women who have devoted the majority of their careers to theater and have won at least one Tony Award. It includes Shapiro's experience interviewing the “cantankerous, outspoken, and utterly charming” Elaine Stritch over tea at the Carlyle on Thanksgiving Day, chatting with the eighty-four year old Angela Lansbury in her Manhattan apartment, and asking Patti LuPone about her start in acting while eating her home-baked bread. Each interview is guided by Shapiro's expert knowledge of these women's careers, Broadway lore, and the details of some of Broadway's most famous (and infamous) musicals. Here also are icons like Chita Rivera, who describes the experience of starring in musicals for the past seven decades, right alongside contemporary Broadway stars like Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth, who discuss their roles in the smash-hit Wicked. This collection includes dozens of photographs of the actresses in their best-known roles, making it a must-have for theater lovers. Eddie Shapiro is the author and editor of Nothing Like a Dame: Conversations with the Great Women of Musical Theater.
Thea Lilu is a contemporary writer, producer, arranger and vocalist. Born in Caracas, Venezuela she later moved to Slovenia and now resides in the US.
Her love for music and performing began as a young child when at the age of eight she began composing her own music. Thea performed Opera, Nessun Dorma, at the age of 13 in a school play and at the age of 14 recorded her first CD, Dreams Come True and later, Say His Name. Thea was accepted at the Berlee College of Music in Boston and moved to the US.
This talented young woman joined the Rhythm of the Universe group, composed of over 200 musicians from 90 different countries, representing the face of her mother country Slovenia,. On the tenth anniversary of 9/11, ROTU was honored to perform at the memorial services.
Thea is one huge talent. Her love for art of any kind shines through. Not only a talented singer and composer, Thea Lilu can draw and is currently writing her first novel. Watch out world – Thea Lilu has hit the stage.
In Nothing Like a Dame, theater journalist Eddie Shapiro opens a jewelry box full of glittering surprises through in-depth conversations with twenty leading women of Broadway. He selected Tony Award-winning stars that have spent the majority of their careers in theater.
The women he interviewed spent hours with him discussing their careers, offering insights into the iconic shows, changes on Broadway over the last century and the art (and thrill) of taking the stage,. Chita Rivera describes starring in musicals the last seven decades; Audra McDonald gives her thoughts on the work that went into the five Tony Awards she won before turning forty-one, Carol Channing reflects on how she revisited the same starring role generation after generation.
This fascinating collection reveals the artistic genius and human experience of the women who have made Broadway musicals,
Kick off the race week every Thursday morning at 7:30 a.m. (PT) with Backstretch Chatter hosted by Eddie the Hat, Southern California Premier horse racing and sports handicapper and Josh Hanna our NorCal correspondent. The Hat will have racing action from the previous week as well as preview the week ahead, including a special Thursday race card horse racing seminar to jump start the week. If you have a horse racing question and would like to have it answered on air, simply email your question to us @ firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get it answered for you. Also special guests will be on when available.
What is the state of mentoring in the U.S. today? What does the landscape look like? What are one or two of the important trends driving mentoring right now? And what can you, the listener, do to impact mentoring for the better?
My guest on Thursday, July 30, at 2:00 p.m. (EDT) i’s uniquely qualified to answer these and many more pressing questions about mentoring. He is David Shapiro, the president and CEO of MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership. MENTOR is the unifying champion for expanding quality youth mentoring relationships in the United States. For 25 years, MENTOR has served the mentoring field by providing a public voice, developing and delivering resources to mentoring programs nationwide and promoting quality for mentoring through standards, cutting-edge research and state of the art tools.
Please listen to the interview at http://bit.ly/1BMYesu.
Tonight, we will be talking about tonight's show from TalkShoe. Tonight @ 11:00 pm EST on the Eddie Hinkle Network.
Check out the Season Fanalie of Man Up! Big Dee and Mr. Naz has highlights of Licoln Park Club Music Festival and information about the future of our favorite show... So join Mr. Naz, Eddie, Tom, Hassan, Big Dee and introducing Jammie... Friday, July 31, 2015 @ 9PM
Tonight, we will be talking about T. Rucker's possible uprising. Tonight @ 11:00 pm EST on the Eddie Hinkle Network.
Looking at the website for Waynesboro, MS, I see they take pride in their city. The police site proudly displays "To Protect and Serve'. However, these must just be words that they display to make their city look good! In reality, the police are failing to 'protect and serve' one family and their despirate calls for police assistance.
James and Laquita Johnson were awaken at 2:30am Saturday morning by a call from their neighbor stating he had witnessed a man tearing thru their fence to get to one of their beloved dogs (why the dog was kept outside if it was so beloved is unknown to me). The witness gave a description of the truck and the Johnsons knew exactly who was the thief. Laquita called the police but when they showed up, they simply told her they could NOT knock on his door!!!!!!!!! So James, the owner of the missing dog, walked don to the suspects house to get his dog back. As he approached, the dog came running out of the house!!!!!! Evidence in the rectal area proved the dog had been raped.
Now we are making a Call To Action plea for our listeners to spread the news, make calls, and write emails. Those living near the Waynesboro, MS area are asked to picket the City Hall and demand an investigation, arrest and prosecution of the suspect, Eddie Woullard.
Here is the information:
Waynesboro City Office
714 Wayne St
Waynesboro, MS 39367
Mayor: Richard Johnson 601-735-4874
Story from: Shannon Stewart Bates facebook page
The Only True Gypsy Talk Show
Real Guest Real Topics
We Dont Preach We Dont Judge
Your Hosts Are Shelta..Old School Eddie And Michael T Butch
Join Us Live Every Wednesday Night Right Here On BlogTalkRadio
At 9pm West Coast Time 11pm Central 12am East Coast
To Listen Live From Your PC/SmartPhone/Tablet
Log Onto www.blogtalkradio.com/kshell
Rouse Ministries Broadcasting & Communications Online Radio Shows - The Pastor J. Rouse Show & Wright On Point Hot Topics live on air Wednesdays at 8pm (EST) and syndicated via TruLight Radio Saturdays at 3pm (SAST) (9am EST & 2pm GMT).
- PanAm Games:
* The Closing Updates;
- Voices of the Nations (VON) 2015 PraiseFest at Yonge & Dundas Square on August 1, 2015:
* Live on air interview with Pastor Peter Ruparelia of Voices of the Nations (VON):
* Live on air interview with Gospel Dancehall Reggae Recording Artist DJ Evangelist on the Caribbean Segment of the Voices of the Nations (VON) 2015 PraiseFest;
* The musical stylings of some of the amazing international gospel reggae and gospel soca recording artists performing at the Voices of the Nations (VON) 2015 PraiseFest Gospel Segment such as Jermaine Cowan and Minister Kay Morris;
- Our annual Gospelbana celebration in honour of Toronto's Caribana and Barbados' Crop Over Caribbean Festivals. Caribbean Gospel Music from around the world with artists such as Emrand Henry, Eddie Neblett, Jadee, Rizon, Mr.J, Toronto Mass Choir, Gozzy and many others;
- Some other fun favourites from the Reggae & Soca world music.
We want to hear from you! Have your say! Email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, message us here on FB, connect with us on Twitter @ pastorrouseshow
We're covering a covering under God - Live on The Pastor J. Rouse Show...
- More new Music;- International Events and Happenings; - Birthday Shout Outs, Church Shout Outs, Special Anniversary Shouts, Upcoming Rouse Ministries Events, International Christian Events and Happenings and much much more.
call in 10pm-12am est 646-478-3665 press #1
check out my sites
ADD ME ON FACEBOOK - Eddie BlackTear Thomas
s/os to ZONE24TV....BAR WARS....TEAM OBEZ...REEFER GANG
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (39 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (21 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (15 chatters)
- Papa Lou (14 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (12 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (12 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (12 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (11 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (11 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- HOV Radio (10 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (9 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (7 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (6 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (5 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (5 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (5 chatters)
- Witch School (5 chatters)
- CenterStage (4 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (4 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Psychic Tapestry (4 chatters)
- Nocturnas Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- Aftermath Radio (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- constitutional freedom network (2 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (2 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Contra Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Curious Times (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (1 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (0 chatters)
- The Prime Directive (0 chatters)