SORT BY Relevancy
Container gardening is a popular way of growing fresh foods and beautifying outdoor space. Your hosts Siobhan Shaw, Lisa Sellers-Roberts and Donna Butler welcome special guest, Nathan Unclebach from Hill Country Water Gardens, Cedar Park, Texas where they give classes on how to container garden successfully. http://www.hillcountrywatergardens.com/
Welcome to the Gardening Network! This first show introduces your hosts, Lisa Sellers-Roberts, Donna M Butler and Siobhan Shaw. We then will discover what experience each host has gardening and what one burning question they have about gardening. We will also chat about some of the upcoming topics we're lining up for the weeks ahead. http//:www.thegardeningnetwork.com
Steve Quello is this week's guest on Economic Development Today, brought to you by the Economic Development Foundation. Steve is founder and President of CEO Nexus, a market research firm serving CEOs and related senior management of second-stage businesses. He designs and manages market development programs, including PeerSpectives, a CEO Peer Learning Network delivered to Florida’s businesses through GrowFL, Florida’s Economic Gardening Institute.
Economic gardening is an entrepreneurial economic development tool that embraces strategies to grow existing businesses in a community, region or state. By assisting entrepreneurs, economic developers are planting the seeds for a stronger economy and supportive environments where companies can thrive and prosper.
This week’s program will feature Christian Gibbons, Director of Business/Industry Affairs in Littleton, Colorado and co-inventor (along with city manager Jim Woods) of “Economic Gardening,” an entrepreneurial approach to economic development. Mr. Gibbons has run this project for the City of Littleton for 24 years. From the period 1990 to 2009 the number of jobs in Littleton nearly doubled from 15,000 to 30,000 and sales tax revenues more than tripled from $6 to $21 million. The City did not recruit one industry during this period, nor did it offer one cent in incentives or tax rebates.
Mr. Gibbons received a Master’s Degree in Urban and Regional Planning from the University of Oklahoma in 1973 and worked for the City of Oklahoma City and San Bernardino County, California before establishing his own consulting firm in 1977. From 1977 to 1987 he consulted on a variety of community and economic development projects in Colorado, Wyoming and California. Mr. Gibbons has been married to his wife Diane for 42 years and they have two adult sons.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Champagne Sundays show, broadcasting live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 409 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Charles Wright – soul music great and founder of the Watts 103rd St. Rhythm Band discusses his new autobiographical series ‘Up From Where We’ve Come: An Eventful Journey’ that covers the racism and hardship the Wright family faced as sharecroppers near Clarksdale, Mississippi circa the 1940s.
- Kim Eierman, an expert environmental horticulturist, master gardener and master naturalist, will share pollinator-friendly gardening tips to help save bees, butterflies and pollinators.
- Glynn Burrows, historian and owner of Norfolk Tours UK, discusses the importance of shopping locally and youth education.
- Doreen Taylor, award winning singer-songwriter, talks about her new holiday single ‘My Christmas Wish’.
in Self Help
Major economic changes have been unfolding for several years. We are now reaching a financial crisis that will get everyone‘s attention. There is a great potential for social chaos to result.
With interest on bonds so low that some rates are negative, the decision to increase interest rates before long could crash the markets.
Meanwhile, very few people have a full time job with benefits and enough income to meet living expenses and service their debt. Financial slavery replaced and expanded on physical slavery after the Civil War. Now we are reaching the point of realizing the low end experience of that financial prison.
Alternative economists warn that sluggish economic activity, market drops, dollar decline and wealth redistribution may soon bring financial wipeout of the middle class and widespread poverty.
The orchestrated migration of refugees from the middle east, who are being difficult to manage, are exacerbating the financial crisis in Europe and soon may in the U.S. Now the hostilities seem to be bringing on World War III.
It is certainly time to get prepared and make plans with compatible friends.
in Self Help
A major economic crisis has been unfolding for a few years. The falsified recovery presented by officials and the media after the 2007-8 crash is now being exposed. Quantitative easing and zero interest are tricks to hide the global economic collapse as long as possible.
We are nearing an intended financial crash that is designed to result in social chaos as the “greater” depression becomes obvious.
With the interest rate on bonds so low that some rates are negative, an inevitable rise in interest rates may fuel the developing bear markets in stocks and bonds. The dollar is being abandoned as the world reserve “petrodollar“. There may be a serious loss of dollar based assets such as bank accounts, as the ridiculous derivatives market collapses.
International trade has fallen to a trickle. Very few people have a full time job with benefits.
Inflation has been in gear in needed items like food, health care and utilities. At the same time the deflation in commodities, especially crude oil prices have countered inflation and kept the dollar alive. Will the dollar fall and gold and silver skyrocket? What about real estate? Will currencies be reset, perhaps even backed by assets?
The debt and financial crisis in Europe has been compounded with the orchestrated migration of refugees from the middle east who are being difficult to manage. Meanwhile the major powers are engaging in hostile policies that seem close to starting World War III.
An alternative real gold currency is now available in the form of a payment card with 1 gram of gold embedded in it that is already being used in transactions in Europe and the U.S.
When you are limited on space, but still want to have a garden, try container gardening. Please listen in as MiMi Paris describes container gardening during our first Mag Blog Radio/Fostering Fosters show.
If you would like more information on Mag Blog Radio/Fostering Fosters or the Foster Leaders Movement, please visit http://www.facebook.com/FosterLeadersUS and http://www.FosterLeaders.com.
The Grind Talk Show
"Economic Indicators...Crisis Is Ahead!"
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm (MST)
Dr. Kim & Duane Bluestein
Call in (347)
The Grind Talk Show "Economic Indicators...Crisis Is Ahead!" News headlines read "Gold prices plummet to 6 year low," "Retail stocks in the red" "China stocks tumble..."CEO of Brazil largest investment bank arrested" on and on. Every where you turn the economy is struggling. Economic crisis are looming not just in the US but it's at a global economic situtation. Instead of waiting for crisis to cry for help, let's strategic plan today for tomorrow's unexpected crisis. As entrepreneurs what do we need to prepare for an economic crisis? Join Dr. Kim and Duane Bluestein in the studio as we discuss the economic problems and solutions any entrepreneur can utilize.
First, let me tell you that you can start receiving your FREE subscription of the new Digital Magazine "Community Garden". That is right! FREE. Go to the link to receive a year subscription for FREE "Community Garden". The Link is http:/ joom.ag/Pntp
Todays show includes not only Community Garden information but it will showcase what the 2016 Annual Conference for the American Community Gardening Associaiton is doing for their Cleveland, Ohio, August 4th - 7th, 2016, will be about. You can sign up NOW to be a Presenter at the Annual Conference. They have a submission form to fill out and send in by January 15, 2016, and, will decide who can be a presenter by February 19, 2016.
Plus, we'll go over wha the Bayer Science Crop folks state about Bees in America. You can go to their website and request FREE wildflower seeds for your Group. They won't run out, so send in the information and they will make sure your group gets some FREE seeds to plant in 2016 to help bring in the Bees to your Community Garden. Enjoy!
Thanks! Mary K. Hukill, Author, Radio Show Host and Publisher
www.aerogarden.com Type in Promo Code "community20" for your 20% OFF your ONLINE order.
www.natesamericanmadestore.com Type in Promo Code "comgar15" for your 10% OFF your Online Order.
www.gardentowerproject.com Type in Promo Code "Revolution" for your $50 off your ONLINE order.
Books and AudioBooks: Community Garden Revolution and Community Garden Revoution Notes!
# # #
We are pleased that Economist Andy Sutton has agreed to return to our show to explain and clarify current economic conditions and how they will effect you. The situation in Europe as well as the U.S.A certainly will impack the world order. Let's hear what Andy has to say. Please feel free to call in with your questions, or comments, 646-652-4620. Look forward to hearing from you.
Tune in on Monday, Nov. 30 at 10 a.m. when Record Talk Radio will feature excerpts of an interview with Joanne Cimiluca, the acting director of Bergen County's Division of Economic Development.
This is her second time in that post. Cimiluca previously held the same job when Democrat Dennis McNerney was County Executive.
This interview was prerecorded on Nov. 18. It was the basis for a story in Sunday's Record.
Record Talk Radio is an ongoing series of conversations with newsmakers and journalists from throughout Northern New Jersey
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (113 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (92 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (56 chatters)
- Straight Black Pride Radio (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (12 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (11 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (8 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (7 chatters)
- Laura DiPrete (7 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (7 chatters)
- dtm radio (7 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (6 chatters)
- United Patriots Radio (6 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- MethylationSupport (5 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (4 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- Psychic energyreaderBrenda (4 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (3 chatters)
- Traditional American Patriots (3 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (3 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- NBPP BLACK POWER RADIO (3 chatters)
- Lets Get Metaphysical (3 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (2 chatters)
- Author Charron and Vaughn (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- TRUTH NETWORK RADIO TNR (2 chatters)
- Panther Power Chat (2 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- SSRN (1 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (1 chatters)
- Writers Life Chats (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- AMStyles247 (1 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- CoachAndrew (1 chatters)
- Contra Radio Network (1 chatters)
- cyntrob (1 chatters)
- D-Dash (1 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- One Designer Two Ideas (1 chatters)
- MichICAN Nightly Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (1 chatters)
- Light For Souls Radio (1 chatters)
- Its Time To Pray1 (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx s Pop Roxx Radio (1 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (0 chatters)