SORT BY Relevancy
The drug war has produced profoundly unequal outcomes across racial groups, manifested through racial discrimination by law enforcement and disproportionate drug war misery suffered by communities of color. Although rates of drug use and selling are comparable across racial lines, people of color are far more likely to be stopped, searched, arrested, prosecuted, convicted and incarcerated for drug law violations than are whites. Higher arrest and incarceration rates for African Americans and Latinos are not reflective of increased prevalence of drug use or sales in these communities, but rather of a law enforcement focus on urban areas, on lower-income communities and on communities of color as well as inequitable treatment by the criminal justice system. We believe that the mass criminalization of people of color, particularly young African American men, is as profound a system of racial control as the Jim Crow laws were in this country until the mid-1960s.
TODAY WE FEATURE discussion of the bogus economic recovery-with 11 million less Americans in the labor force since 2008 with author Liz Peek; Chris Arps of Move on Up.org the Social network of African American Conservatives & Moderates; The Mexican drug war violence that is headed our way.
Welcome to Bill Martinez Live, hosted by an unapologetic AMERICAN U.S. Marine of Mexican descent who knows why people come to America but demands that immigrants come through the front door and that the rule of law is respected. Bill Martinez Live waves just one flag and has no use for hyphenated hearts torn between the 4th of July and some other foreign flag. We put the United States over party politics and broadcasting our unstinting praise of this great land to 250 American cities through CRN, BML syndication and the ever popular Blog Talk Radio platform. The best answers come when we are all engaged, involved and united for everyone’s higher good.
Stifled by the endless partisan wrangling in our country? Open up a window to get sunshine and a BREATH OF FRESH AIR in Bill´s News Talk & Entertainment Radio format with great guests. The Republicans & Democrats have lost a grasp on life, liberty and pursuit of happiness for ALL Americans. Bill Martinez Live helps us regain it. Listen in to the show to hear every facet of the issues but keep your eye on God and the exceptionalism to which he has urged on America and its people. Our nation is at a crossroads but remember your solemn birthright fellow Americans as "We the People". See more at: http://billmartinezlive.com/about-the-program/#sthash.tooJ0atj.dpuf
Conflict 19 had some stellar moments, but few finishes stood out on fight night like Mark Traders KO of top ammy Jesse Hamm. Same can be said for 145 Champ Alexa Conners, who defended her title with a brutal one punch finish of undefeated 4-0 Allison Ainley.
Prepare for a knockout show as these two collide on War of the Words Friday @12pm! Catch up with Trader and get a first hand account of the biggest win of his career. Listen in as we see how Conners has taken the huge rise in attention since Conflict 19 last Saturday night. Her KO was featured Thursday on renown MMA site BJPenn.com. As always, we may just get a glimpse of whats next for some of the brightest upcoming fighters in the Southeast!
#UniqueKennels #BadCo #RoughCopy.com #Mayhem #CarolinaMMA #Insider #WarOfTheWords #AlphaOne
Catch us today riding the airwaves with newly crowned Conflict ammy heavyweight champion Russell Hewett, who won the title last Saturday in Columbia at Conflict 19. Hewett lifted the crowd out of its chairs with a stunning 12 second knockout win over touted ATT fighter Nick Davis, and put his foot firmly in the mix as one of the brightest heavies coming up in our area today! With a highlight reel KO and a belt to defend now, War of the Words looks to walk through last Saturday as well as peek at what lies ahead for Hewett in todays episode, so be there!
Unique Kennels Rough Copy MMA Mayhem Insider Conflict MMA Bad Co Alpha One Blackforce MMA
Todays episode, initially had Walker Vivian on. However he had to cancel and Unique Kennels/Tresean Gore called in to talk about his upcoming title fight Vs Tanner "The Hammer" Saraceno Sept 20th at Fight Lab 40. Great chat, and then probably the funniest guest call in ever happens towards the end. Thanks to everyone for saving todays show, it was great!
Unique Kennels - Bad Co - RoughCopy.com - Mayhem - Alpha One - Insider - CarolinaMMA
Join us Tuesday @5:30pm with Steve "The Creepy Weasel" Montgomery as we recap his win at TitanFC and discuss his first title defense at Conflict 21: Havoc IV in Savannah! As always, I'll have a few viewer questions for this ATT standout, so tune in as we gear up for "The Year of the Weasel." You just can't miss an episode of WotW with the Weasel.
This show is going to be a short one but definietly worth your time. We will be discussing the future plans for War Zone Radio and Media Arts. We will be discussing our budget, content and programming. We may even have a kickstarter launch date! Also, I recap and review Guardians of the Galaxy! Tune in and join the fun.
Certainly a stand out character in Southeastern MMA, "Miss Molly" will be on the show today to talk about things only Mrs. Hoskinson can. Matchmaker, correspondant, advisor, fight finder, radio/podcasting...you name it and Molly has at least dabbled in it. Her and I got the opportunity to catch Conflict 19 last Saturday night in Columbia, and I can't wait to ask her about the Walker Vs Ali fight. #DontMissIt
I'm sure you USFFC fans will also get some tidbits of juicy knowledge!
Tune in tonight @11pm and feel free to call in at 347-850-1008!
#UniqueKennels #BadCo #AlphaOne #Mayhem #RoughCopy.com #Insider #CarolinaMMA #WarOfTheWords
War of the Words kicking you right in the damn face with some Creepy Weasel goodness. Today I will be asking Montgomery questions I have fielded from fans and members of the Southeast fighting community! Should be a good one! Listen in to get all the latest goodies from Steve and what he is up to, where he going, and when he will be in the cage next!
It's all going down on a Zentastic episode of War of the Words, the Southeasts most underrated show on all the good things we love in #MMA!
Unique Kennels - Alpha One - MMA Mayhem - Rough Copy - Carolina MMA - Bad Co
Keeping the excellent Conflict line up rolling, Charity Walker drops by today to talk about her upcoming match Aug 2nd in Columbia at Conflict 19 AKA Fight Club Series 2! For Southeast fans, we know any battle with Charity in the cage is going to be a thriller.
Part of the greatness of what the Fight Club Series has been doing is putting more attention on creating opportunities and platforms for ALL up-and-coming fighters!
Don't miss Walker Vs Ali next weekend in Columbia, SC at the Main Event Fitness Center!
Headlining NFC 66 on June 28th will Be DayTroy Lyons-Lee Vs Rusty Crowder, two diverse and talented practitioners of Martial Arts. A breakout fighter this year, DayTroy "The Last King of Sparta" Lyons-Lee has been absolutely on fire, and he pops by the studio tonight to give us a little idea as to why. With skilled opponents/challenges always across the cage, and a true hunger within himself, The Last King has much to offer MMA.
And he is just getting started.
Tune in as we sit down with one half of the main event of NFC 66, going down in the 28th in Atlanta. You won't be disappointed. Of course, swing back our way tomorrow as we begin to dissect two very exciting upcoming cards; one in Columbia and one in Upstate South Carolina. Catch the exclusive news, headlines, and interviews all right here next time on War of the Words!
Unique Kennels - Bad Co Fight Gear - Alpha One - CarolinaMMA.com - RoughCopy.com - Winning Team
Wednesday August 20, 3 pm ET The Halli Casser-Jayne Show takes a look at World War I through the eyes of history and the voice of a poet. Marking the 100th anniversary of World War I, Halli welcomes critically acclaimed war historian William Philpott and the world’s leading scholar of the Great War poet Siegfried Sassoon Jean Moorcroft Wilson.
William Philpott is Professor of the History of Warfare in the Department of War studies at King’s College London. He is a specialist in the history of Anglo-French relations, British Strategy, and the history of the French army. Philpott is the author of Three Armies on the Somme, The First Battle of the Twentieth Century, Blood Victory: The Battle of the Somme and the Making of the Twentieth Century, Anglo-French Relations and Strategy on the Western Front, 1914-1918, Anglo-French Defense Relations between the Wars, Palgrave Concise Atlas of the First World War, and Palgrave Advances in Modern Military History. In his latest book War of Attrition, Fighting the First World War, Philpott takes a look at the causes and effects of The First World War, bringing new revelations of the first truly modern war to light, the war that shaped the twentieth century.
Jean Moorcroft Wilson lectures in English Literature at Birkbeck College, University of London. She is married to Virginia Woolf’s nephew. In her latest book, Siegfried Sassoon, Soldier, Poet, Lover, Friend, Wilson takes an in-depth look at the man considered a key figure in the study of the poetry of the Great War. Her previous works include I Was an English Poet: Biography of Sir William Watson, Virginia Woolf, Life and London: A Biography of Place, The Selected Poems of Isaac Rosenberg.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (82 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (80 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (45 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (35 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (22 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (21 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (18 chatters)
- reactionariez (16 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (15 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (13 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (12 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (12 chatters)
- in5d (10 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (9 chatters)
- TXHXOXRX MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (9 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (9 chatters)
- OPWR (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (7 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (7 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (7 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (6 chatters)
- Body of Christ (6 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (5 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Rifleman (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (4 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (4 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- DONT PLAY RADIO (3 chatters)
- drkate (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (3 chatters)
- Sportscolumndotcom (3 chatters)
- Station IWDM (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- The Keys107 (3 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- The Program Returns (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (2 chatters)
- PATRIOT CH (2 chatters)
- manofgod7 (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Bonnie Kaye (2 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (2 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (2 chatters)
- Amenti The Writer (1 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- Be Not Deceived Radio (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- El Maat (1 chatters)
- EncouragingMomentsWithKeva (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Heaven Speaks (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (1 chatters)
- SirTemplar (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- men empowered (1 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (1 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)
- WDC DA MOVEMENT (1 chatters)