SORT BY Relevancy
Nora Watts-Simon is a Domestic Goddess. She gives you a real view into how women can do everything.
Mother, Wife, doula, child birth educator, breastfeeding peer counselor, and runs her own support page online for women. She has also created her own line of Breastfeeding attire. She has her hands in all things that assist with parenting.
With the Ray Rice incident, we are missing a teachable moment for domestic violence.
We keep sending the same message, which is that men shouldn't hit women, but we need to deliver the message that women should also keep their hands to themselves.
To blindly claim that dealing with the victim's side is "blaming the victim" is also harming the victim. By focusing on shutting down ALL violence, the actual abusive behavior can be reduced. How? By truly understanding domestic violence, instead of pretending that every man who hits a woman is a one dimensional ape.
Domestic Violence is a horrible crime against the institution of family. It is most often perpetuated against women, but is also perpetrated against men and children. This show will discuss the co-dependent relational behaviors that help to sustain an abusive relationship, which include behaviors of both men and women that feed into the need to abuse and be pabused. Special Guest Dr. Donald Grant, Jr., a practicing psychologist will help to identify behaviors and define abuse. Co-hosts, Tracy Powell, Dr. John Hamilton, Marcus D. LeGall, III and DJ Gates
1 in 3 women have experienced physical violence by an intimate partner. Domestic violence is a major issue. Due to the recent coverage in the media of a famous professional athlete and a physical confrontation with his spouse, domestic violence continues to be a topic of conversation for many. A renowned community educator with the Women's Resource Center to End Domestic Violence will join Let's Talk America with Host Shana Thornton to address the many elements of domestic violence. This critical segment is for every member of the family- do invite the youth. Tune in on Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 7:30 pm EST for exceptional talk radio.
*Please visit www.letstalkamericawithshanathornton.com and support our national sponsors.
Domestic violence and you. The world is moving and you have to be part of it or you may find that you are a part of the problem. We have a lot of attention on the subject with the recent violance in the sports world and other places. Note sports are just a small window of the world at large.
Violance is happening all around open your eyes.
Domestic Violence: The complications of love, abuse, and society passing judgement. Why doesn't she just leave? Some part of her must like it. She's stupid for staying with him. She probably deserved it.
Join Chrystal and Chiara tonight as they discuss this extremely hard topic.
In light of what's transpired this week, after the video of Ray Rice assaulting his now wife was released, my TL on Twitter has blown up. Most of the tweets have been in regard to domestic violence and I wanted to open up the phone lines and do a special show about this topic. This show will begin with my sharing . . .
In April 2004, I completed an Advanced Threat Assessment and Management Academy held by Gavinde Becker & Associates at the UCLA Conference Center. On January 25, 2009, I earned a Master's Degree from Boston Univerity in the field of Criminal Justice. Somewhere along the way I read a million books, or what felt like a million books on the topic of domestic violence. The reasons why might surprise you.
I think the way the NFL Commissioner handles matters like these is abysmal. I'm trying to understand why. What did he and/or the Ravens learn from the release of this video, that we didn't already know or should have known? I don't understand why Ray Rice was cut. Why not a six game suspension, if they were going to make any adjustments at all? I don't get it. Feel free to enlighten me 'cause I'm just as confused as ever about the National Football League.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (76 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (42 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (34 chatters)
- The Portal (34 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (19 chatters)
- in5d (18 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (17 chatters)
- Straitway (13 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (13 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (13 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (12 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (12 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (11 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (11 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (10 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (9 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (9 chatters)
- Living Astrology (8 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (8 chatters)
- Trek Talking (8 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (7 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (6 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (6 chatters)
- Random Rants (5 chatters)
- Rifleman (5 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (5 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (4 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (4 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (4 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (4 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (3 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (2 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- The Bully Effect0 (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Sportscolumndotcom (1 chatters)
- Straight From The E Block (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- MRTALK (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Nature Has All The Answers (1 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- Lesbian Love Talk (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- LyricalForte (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (1 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Gathering At The Well (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- Big Ticket Talk wX The Curtsy Crew (1 chatters)
- The Chronical of Ladi Kay (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (1 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Grace View (0 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (0 chatters)