SORT BY Relevancy
Army Wife Talk Radio is the leading internet talk radio show for Army wives, by Army wives. AWTR is hosted by the Army Wife Network Core Team - www.ArmyWifeNetwork.com. AWTR guests bring exciting, relevant topics and resources to the attention of our military families.
Main Guest: Jeremy Hilton, DOD Family Readiness Council
Resource of the Week: Tara Ruby Photography
in Self Help
This week, John Cappel joins Michael to discuss the Overseas Contingency Operations budget. Cappel work on Budgeting for Foreign Affairs and Defense (BFAD) at the Stimson Center. John and his colleague, Russel Rumbaugh, just put out a report “A Step Backward, or More to Go? FY15 Overseas Contingency Operations Request.”
The Stimson Center focusses on global security challenges, and Cappel and his colleagues in BFAD look into where the money is actually going.
Cappel explains how OCO, or Overseas Contingency Operations, contains budget requests that are like supplemental war budgets. Historically, supplemental budgets often arose in response to some kind of unexpected event, like a natural disaster or some kind of military conflict. In the past, these supplemental budgets gave way to budgets that took into account the actual conflicts and the supplemental budget requests went away. The OCO, however, has been around for a long time now.
Many feel that the OCO budget has become a bit of a slush fund. DoD, for its part, is beginning to shift some of the OCO-type requests into the general budget.
The OCO Budget also has requests for $5 Billion for the Counterterrisom Partnership Fund (CTPF) with $4 billion for DoD and $1 billion to the Department of State. There’s also the European Reassurance Initiative with a price tag of $1 billion which mostly goes to DoD. Cappel refers to both as “head scratchers.”
To read more about John Cappel and his work at the the Stimson Center, visit the Budgeting for Foreign Affairs and Defense section of the Stimson Center’s Website.
Personnel of the Department of Defense on Habbo (SECDEF-US) discussing the happenings of the Sixth Seasonal Meritorious Mast on 24 Aug 14. Others will be able to discuss these events with us throughout the show. A section of the show will be dedicated to those who are interested in asking questions to the members of the podcast, and overall discussion. Questions can be submitted to a member of the podcast or mentioned in headquarters at the time of the event.
Cautious citizens are worried that a 2010 Department of Defense directive on military support to civilian authorities reinforces the notion that the Obama Administration is preparing to go after political dissidents. Who might that group of dissidents include? Tea Party Members, Veterans, Christians, Pro-lifers and more. The DHS published a list of these potential "extremist" threats back in 2009 (link below). Linc Austin breaks it all down in a powerful report on the directive.
Diana Danis was the first military woman writing and anchoring radio news on the American Forces Network, Europe in 1974. Danis highlighted the accomplishments of women in the military during her tenure. She pushed members of Congress to investigate sexual harassment, sexual assault and rape in the military as well as lack of services in the VA for mental health treatment. She testified several times in 1991, 92 (Tail hook era) and 93 before House and Senate Armed Services and Veterans Affairs Committees about out of control conditions in the services, victim-blaming, closing of ranks, retaliation and retraumatization of survivors in both DOD and the VA systems.
Paula J. Caplan is a clinical and research psychologist, playwright, director, and actor. She received her A.B. with honors from Radcliffe College of Harvard University and her M.A. and Ph.D. in psychology from Duke University. She is the author of 11 books, the most recent of which is When Johnny and Jane Come Marching Home: How All of Us Can Help Veterans, which won three national nonfiction awards.
The Honorable Betty Folliard is co-owner of Strategy Partners - a business and political consulting firm. Having worked in government at the local, state & national levels, Ms. Folliard served five years, two as vice chair, of the Hopkins School District Board of Directors. She was elected to the Minnesota Legislature in 1996 where she served three terms in the Minnesota House of Representatives - focusing on education, clean environment, strong communities and women’s issues. She then spent 3 1/2 years as Community Representative in the office of Congressman Keith Ellison. Currently she serves as Board Chair of two non-profit boards: Gender Justice - a nonprofit law firm specializing in eliminating gender barriers; and PRISM - a social services organization serving the community with basic needs services.
This is Brandon or DOD xBLAZE and his crazy counterparts talking about the debate that is hot on the streets......PC vs Console Gaming.
Douglas Dietrich is the son of a retired U.S. Navy Sailor. Douglas worked for ten years as a Department of Defense Research Librarian at the Presidio Military Base of San Francisco, where one of his major duties was document destruction. He then experienced the 1991 Kuwaiti campaign, serving in Desert Storm as a United Sates Marine.
We have scheduled a DoDLive Bloggers Roundtable with The Honorable Robert F. Hale, Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) and Chief Financial Officer of the U.S. Department of Defense.
Hale will be discussing the FY12 DoD budget proposal, which will be rolled out in a series of briefings at the Pentagon on Monday, Feb. 14.
in Self Help
Wendy Jordan, Senior analyst for Taxpayers for Common Sense, talks “turkey” about the F-35 in her new report, “The Unaffordable F-35.” The report comes completely from unclassified, open sources. Jordan emphasizes that the report examines the F-35 project from the perspective of taxpayers. The report doesn’t get into the capabilities or technology of the project, but rather if it is a logical expenditure from a taxpayer’s perspective.
Topic for the show: Are we run by alphabet soup organizations (NSA, CIA, FBI, DHS, DOD)? How do these organizations opperate and should the American public question black budgets, seceret testings and documented mind control? Why would the push be for Australian style gun control and what does it mean?
Joining Audrey Russo for this week's REELTalk - our focus is on our Military with columnist and former Spokesman for the DoD, JD GORDON will be here to discuss the abominable Bergdahl debacle. PLUS, ID will co-host with me as the mother of wrongly incarcerated Sgt. Derrick Miller (Renee Myers) joins us with the founder of Band of Mothers, BEVERLY PERLSON. We discuss the facts of his case and how we can join in the fight to see Derrick exonerated! Heroes vs Zeroes...we're covering it all!
Greg Mello is executive director of the Los Alamos Study Group. The group's recent backgrounders include "President Requests Unprecedented Spending on Nuclear Weapons Maintenance, Design, Production" and "U.S. Claims of Nuclear Weapons Retirement, Dismantlement 'May be Misleading'
Tyler Cohen Wood is an expert in social media and cyber issues. She is a senior officer and a cyber branch chief for the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) within the Department of Defense (DoD) where she makes decisions and recommendations significantly changing, interpreting, and developing important cyber policies and programs affecting current and future DoD and Intelligence Community policies.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (495 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (48 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (37 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (28 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (25 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (21 chatters)
- Curious Times (19 chatters)
- reactionariez (18 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (13 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (13 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (13 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (11 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (10 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (9 chatters)
- in5d (8 chatters)
- Michael Fairman (7 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (6 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (5 chatters)
- churchfolk (5 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (5 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (5 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (5 chatters)
- The View from Montana (5 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (4 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (4 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (4 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (4 chatters)
- 4 Shits n Giggles (4 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (4 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (3 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (3 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (3 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- The World Transformed (3 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- The Portal (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (2 chatters)
- Quagmire America (2 chatters)
- Random Rants (2 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (2 chatters)
- David Fournier (2 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (2 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Harmonious Vibrations (1 chatters)
- FFN On The Air (1 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (1 chatters)
- drkate (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Rifleman (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- SirTemplar (1 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (1 chatters)
- Mormon Vegetarian (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (1 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (1 chatters)
- The Smooth Jazz Ride (1 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (1 chatters)
- WDC DA MOVEMENT (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- Yizzor Talk (1 chatters)