SORT BY Relevancy
Natasha Walker shares views on Life Transitions, Divesting, Building Support Systems and other New Trends with Tasha and Regina
In the closing episode, "Out of the Book, into the Streets", we discuss what congregations can do and are doing to unravel the mass incarceration of black and brown people. Are there corporations we should be divesting from? How can congregations partner with secular organizations to turn the tide? Is it time to revive teach-ins and other strategies from previous justice struggles? Paula Cole Jones, Director for Racial and Social Justice with the Joseph Priestley District of the Unitarian Universalist Association, joins as a fellow host with Carlton Elliott Smith and Alex Boston of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington, Virginia.
Our guests this week are:
Janet Tillman, the Disabilities Project Coordinator with the Delaware Coalition Against Domestic Violence and a consultant to nonprofit organizations. Janet is a member of the First Unitarian Church of Wilmington, Delaware. Anaiis Salles, Executive Director of the Green Sanctuary Earth Institute of Pennsylvania. As a member of the Ending Racism Committee of the Unitarian Society of Germantown in Philadelphia, Anaiis is working toward partnership with organizations against mass incarceration. Jonathan W. Hutto, Sr., a PhD student at Howard University. Jonathan previously served as Community Outreach Director and a Program Coordinator for Amnesty International. He helped to initiate a police accountability project in Prince George’s County. Jonathan was once Howard's Student Body President, and he organized students for the historic Million Man March.
What do you think of the NYC teachers pension fund divesting in gun manufacturers? Is it the right call? Join us as we discuss the issue of divestment. Also, we will be dissecting the latest worldwide headlines. Join us in open forum at the High Dome Hour.
(Be in chat room & be in drawing for a FREE Autographed book)
There is Nothing Like Recovering from Religious Abuse
Until now, there has been nothing that addresses the problem of religious abuse, while also offering a solution for those victimized by it. Using an 11-step program, wounded Christians—those who have been used, abused, and discarded by self-righteous religious leaders—can reconnect with God in a healing, transforming way.
After being victimized, most wounded people lead half-lives, consumed with anger, bitterness, shame, and pain. They question whether the best years of their lives have already passed, hoping they haven’t but suspecting that they have. They are prone to depression and acting-out behavior, which includes over eating, over spending, alcoholism, drug addiction, promiscuity, and family disfunction.
Recovering from Religious Abuse explains how the dynamics of religious abuse works but, more importantly, it details a method for the abused person to identify what has happened, while providing a way to achieve full recovery. The key is for the abused person to recognize that God still loves them just as much as ever and that they can once again experience love, joy, peace, patience, and serenity—not just occasionally but routinely.
If this has been your experience and you want to reconnect with God in a positive, meaningful way, you can. In a very short time—just ninety-one days—you can become stronger than you ever imagined possible, divesting yourself of the crippling chains that have imprisoned you since your abusive experience.
There are 17 Rules Successful Companies Use to Attract and Keep Top Talent. Author David Russo knows them all!
When times are bad, the companies that will ultimately prevail are those that hang on to their top talent by continuing to garner their loyalty every day. While many companies may believe an economic downturn will automatically motivate employees to stay and perform at the highest levels, principally to save their jobs, that’s not true nor what data and case studies show. Even in the worst of times, companies need to continue to keep their employees engaged and motivated.
“We hear about companies divesting themselves of workers, millions of them, as an avenue to survival and even success. But that’s not a reasonable tactic for long-term sustainability, or competitive advantage,” says David Russo, author of 17 Rules Successful Companies Use to Attract and Keep Top Talent: Why Engaged Employees are Your Greatest Sustainable Advantage.
Russo, CEO of consulting practice Eno River Associates and former VP of HR for SAS Institute, provides leaders and managers with the rules to help retain and attract top employees.
Here’s an excerpts from 17 Rules:
Rule #13 - Treat Employees as Volunteers- Employees are far more willing to consider other work options, all the time. They are willing to risk their skills and aptitudes in the marketplace, including the skills you taught them.
For more original interviews with your top American business leaders, please visit Mr. Media Radio.
Join Host Live Chats
- Pro Wrestling Torch (34 chatters)
- Tune In Tomorrow (20 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (16 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (14 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (13 chatters)
- NLPI RADIO USA KURT LOGSDON (10 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (7 chatters)
- Straitway (6 chatters)
- gregfilms (6 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (5 chatters)
- Victory Lane Radio (4 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (3 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (3 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (3 chatters)
- Here Be Monsters (3 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (2 chatters)
- Jose Navy (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Lit Ish Live (2 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (2 chatters)
- Front Deck Entertainment (2 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Ascending Word Power Hour (2 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (2 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- The Souls Intent (2 chatters)
- We Built That Network (2 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (1 chatters)
- WordBeat (1 chatters)
- WWCRHost (1 chatters)
- Visual Thoughts Network (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Trucker Dave (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- THE CONFLICTS OF LIFE (1 chatters)
- Amen Communications Network (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (1 chatters)
- Dr Ed Moloney (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Mike Wood (1 chatters)
- Kerri Edelman (1 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio (1 chatters)
- Because Hope Matters Radio (0 chatters)