SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Call in number (646) 478-3635. We have already discussed the fact that Jesus was not European. Now Let me ask you "Are you a Christian or a Disciple of Christ? "Christian is mentioned only 3 times in the entire Bible and Jesus called His followers/Students "Disciples" so why are we "Christians" and not Disciples? And what are you..the follower of a Tradition/Dogma/Religion or a Disciple of the Son of the Living God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? This show was scheduled for July 30 but is broadcasting on August 6th, 2014
Or, "Why You Cannot be the Lord's Disciple
Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message #158
TEXT: Luke 14:25-33
Two weeks ago we began this series titled, “Are You a True Disciple?” or “Why You Cannot be the Lord’s Disciple.”
In this series, we are looking at one of those passages in which Jesus is talking about the cost of following Him. Specifically, He is addressing the ties that we have with people that seem to make us hesitate when it comes to following Christ. We have already looked at two of these groups of people who can hold you back if you desire to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ.
1. The first point we discussed was: don’t let the crowd hold you back from being a true disciple of Jesus Christ.
2. On last week, we discussed the second point of this passage which is: don’t let family ties hold you back from being a true disciple of Jesus Christ. Jesus tells those in the crowd that if they are to be true disciples of Him, they must not let their love for their family come before their devotion to Him.
Now, today, we want to move on to the third portion of Jesus’ message on being a true disciple of Christ, and that is:
3. Don't let your love for yourself hold you back from being a true disciple of Jesus Christ. Jesus did not just command us to "hate" our family members, but if we look at verse 26 again, He says, "If any man come to me, and hate not...his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."
Or, "Why You Cannot be the Lord's Disciple"
Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message #157
TEXT: Luke 14:25-33
Last week we began this series titled, “Are You a True Disciple?” or “Why You Cannot be the Lord’s Disciple.” We started out in this passage by looking at the crowd that followed Jesus and the reasons why many people in the crowd are not really true disciples of Jesus Christ -- they are just fans. There is a difference between being in the crowd and being committed to Christ. And I want to encourage you not to let the crowd hold you back from being a true disciple of Jesus Christ.
I had prepared to share with you two more points from this passage last week, but because we had so much to deal with in the first point alone, I felt led of the Lord to end the message right there. So, today, I want to continue with part 2 of that message.
Don't let family ties hold you back. Jesus turns around to address the crowd, and the first thing He says is: "If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."
Can you imagine the shocked looks on the faces of many in the crowd? If a preacher dared to say such a thing from the pulpit today, many in the congregation would be shocked as well. The Greek word for "hate" is a strong term. It literally means "to detest." Why would Jesus use such strong language when speaking of our family ties? What did He mean when He said, if we are to be true disciples of Him, we are to "hate" our fathers, mothers, spouses, children, brothers, and sisters?
Or, "Why You Cannot be the Lord's Disciple"
Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message #156
TEXT: Luke 14:25-33
Many Christians today are confused about what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. Some believe that because they come from a Christian background and upbringing, they qualify as true disciples. Some think that all it takes is reading the Bible every day, attending church every week, and praying on occasion. Still others engage in "a la carte Christianity", picking and choosing what they like and leaving behind what they don’t.
Recently, the Barna Group did a study of Christians in America in an attempt to pinpoint how many people who called themselves Christians were actually like Jesus Christ in their attitudes and their actions. Using a 20-question survey, they came to the conclusion that only 14% of Christians in America lead a lifestyle that closely reflects the values of Jesus Christ as shown in the Gospels. Unfortunately, they found that 51% of Christians were more like the Pharisees than they were like Jesus. One commentator noted, “It is one of the supreme handicaps of the church that in it there are so many distant followers of Jesus and so few real disciples.”
So, what holds people back from being true disciples of Christ? Even in Jesus' day, there were people who wanted to follow Him, who expressed a desire to follow Him, but who, for some reason or another, would not follow Him. Jesus had to deal with these people all of the time. Throughout his ministry, He informed those would-be disciples that to follow Him meant they would have a price to pay, there would be some things they had to give up, and there would be some people who would try to hold them back.
Today, we are beginning to look at one of those passages in which Jesus is talking about the cost of following Him.
Pastor Willie Brown Of The Potter's House Of Christ From The State Of Georgia Ministering Here And Now On The Resurrection Power Church Of Christ Ministries Where The Holy Spirit Is Our Overseer And Jesus Christ Is Lord,We Are Here Every Morning Teaching Preaching And Reaching The Lost Souls For The Kingdom Of Heaven In The Name Of Jesus From 10 a.m Est To 2 p.m Est Dial In Numbers Are 1-661-467-2411 And Toll Free At 1-855-234-9616 All Are Welcome To Fellowship With Us In Jesus Name
Recorded LIVE on Omega Man Radio 1-31-2014
Minister Barry McAlpin from Goldcoast Australia
Facebook is: www.facebook.com/barry.mcalpin.1
His website is: groupministries.org/
Become a disciple of Jesus Christ - pursue the kingdom with all your heart - take up your cross and die to self. Join us for the "True Disciple" program - become a disciple maker. The New series debuting on Omega Man Radio with Minister Barry McAlpin - "True Disciple". Sign up for this free course by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org to say you will be joining us on Omega Man Radio every other Friday
Becoming A True Disciple - Barry McAlpin
His facebook is: www.facebook.com/barry.mcalpin.1
Apademik The Disciple has worked on and directed projects that featured hell razah wu- tang/ killa priest/ timbo king/ rass kass/ and Su-Preme from sunz of man wutang he has also conducted interviews with keth murrey/ masta killah/ and immortal technique look out for his upcoming album that will be released in 2013
THE COST to be a Disciple has a price tag like no other. Rather than counting dollars and cents, it takes on an interest of character, moral values and faithfulness. This way of life challenges the would-be disciple to follow the discipline of Christ. As momma used to say "It is more than a word." Today's Message:Counting The Cost.
PURE WORD FOR EVERYDAY CHRISTIANS with The prophet Mary Washington Pastor, FEED MY SHEEP MINISTRIES World Evangelism, Fort Worth, TX. www.thevoiceofreasons.org
Thank you for your support of this ministry as we go out into the world preaching the Gospel. PARTNER WITH US by giving your gift as unto the LORD.
Recorded LIVE 3-29-2014 on Omega Man Radio
Episode 1420 - Knowledge - Revelation and Wisdom - True Disciple - Chapter 2
Minister Barry McAlpin of Group Ministries
His website is: www.groupministries.org
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (156 chatters)
- thelordshour (36 chatters)
- Annahilation (26 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (18 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (17 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (14 chatters)
- Atheists On Air (13 chatters)
- 64452 (12 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (10 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (10 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (9 chatters)
- Truf Bros (8 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (8 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (8 chatters)
- HOV Radio (7 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (7 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (7 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (7 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (6 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (5 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (5 chatters)
- Odwirafo (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (4 chatters)
- FoReRadio (4 chatters)
- DPRPresents (4 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- The Get Heard Network (4 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (2 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (2 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- UP AND DOWN MAGAZINE RADIO1 (2 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (2 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (2 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- Political T and T (2 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- WordBeat (1 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Apostle David (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Gridiron Breakdown (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Jewelcast JFTC in your ears (1 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Life and Party Times (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (1 chatters)