SORT BY Relevancy
We will continue to discuss how to recover when disaster strikes and a successful outcome seems uncertain.
As usual, we will also discuss two delicious recipes for sharing. The "safe" recipe will be Eggplant Pasta, and the "adventure" recipe will be Garlic Shrimp.
Join us this week family as we have another great show planned for you. This week for the first time we welcome Brotha Gimbu Kali. We will discuss "Are You Ready If Disaster Strikes?" This brotha is showing our people how they need to be prepared if something jumps off. You can check out his website www.personalprotectionconsultants.com to see all the services they offer. But he will be on Air with us going in depth on things we need to do to be ready in case something takes place. So be sure to tell a friend and relative about this powerful show. We go on live at6pm est and our call in number is 619-393-2813.
An effective hazard mitigation planning process is critical to making your community more disaster resistant. Through the planning process, you can identify the hazards that threaten your community, assess your vulnerability, and build consensus on approaches to reduce future losses. This process leads to the cost-effective, environmentally sound mitigation measures. In fact, the planning process is so critical to the implementation of effective mitigation that many of the FEMA programs that are intended to fund mitigation measures, require a mitigation plan as a condition of funding.
Go behind the scenes of a real-life law firm disaster recovery operation. Mark Norton, Continuity Planning Manager for Agility Recovery shares what went right, what went wrong and lessons learned along the way. It’s a cautionary story every law professional should hear, because disaster can strike anywhere. Listen to this important podcast and then revisit your own disaster plan, you might want to make some changes.
About Mark Norton
Mark Norton is a Certified Business Continuity Planner and the Continuity Planning Manager at Agility Recovery. They are a disaster recovery company that provides access for their 15,000+ members across the continent to the four key aspects of business operations during a recovery: Space, Computer Systems, Power and Communications. Since joining Agility, Mark has responded to more than 600 recoveries ranging from minor disruptions to major regional catastrophes.
As many as 10,000 people have reportedly lost their lives, and the city of Tacloban, Philippines has been devastated by Typhoon Haiyan. And although the storm has passed, Filipinos are struggling to survive the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan. The period after a natural disaster can be extremely difficult as individuals look for ways to rebuild what is lost. Aside from the physical and psychological toll surviving a disaster takes on an individual, a family and a community, there is also a financial toll. While some families have an emergency fund set aside for unseen disasters, others do not. Regardless of whether you do or don’t, immediately after a disaster is when you need to assess, organize and implement a recovery plan.
On today’s episode of Your Money Your Matters we will focus our discussion on surviving a disaster. We'll talk about the importance of planning for the unexpected, including all the things you need to consider, from having an escape plan to an emergency savings fund. We’ll also talk about prioritizing short and long-term financial goals, so that you are more prepared financially for disasters, whether it’s a natural disaster, a health issue or job loss.
Your Money. Your Matters is a weekly show broadcasting every Tuesday from 11 a.m. to noon Central Time. The program features radio personalities Linda Webb-Mañon and Rick Grady, Cornerstone Credit Union League; Courtney Moran, Cornerstone Credit Union Foundation, and Todd Mark, Consumer Credit Counseling Services. Every Tuesday, the four discuss financial issues of most importance to consumers. Tune in; share your thoughts; or gain helpful advice.
After a disaster, the needs of your congregants will grow dramatically. Some who have neglected their spiritual lives will return to their faith, while others will seek meaning for the first time. Boundaries of not only solace, but also concrete services. As a religious leader, responding to these complex issues in a truly meaningful and helpful way requires knowledge.
Joining us today will be: Drew Youngs, Owner and Founder of EarthWire Studios More Guests to be Announced...
Links and more information can be found Here
Prerecorded... no call-ins please
This is Jason Leigh's second Prophecykeepers Radio Interview. He spoke about his fascinating life as a NASA Challenger Shuttle Program employee who saw the (the) disaster in vision and tried to stop it.
His album of Folk/Americana: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jgreywolfl He is half Irish & Native American Cheyenne. His linage dates back over 24 generations in North America on his father's side, to the Mayflower on his mother's side.
He is a published Journalist, a Poet, a Singer/Songwriter with a Top 25 Indie album (From 'Unsigned Magazine') entitled, "Directions," a general raconteur and thorn-in-the-side of some "other" UFO researchers, and a famous UFO Videographer and UFO missing time experiencer. Perhaps you have paid to have seen his copyrighted video, because it was ripped off by Dr. Steven Greer of the U.F.O. Disclosure Project! Dr Greer's lawyer begged Jason NOT to sue, and Jason did not do so. Dr. Richard Hoagland once predicted that a certain Mars Mission lander, The 'Pathfinder,' would crash and Jason said it would not, but would rather be a very successful mission ... Jason was documented to be right while Dr Hoagland was wrong, and said publicly that he would publicly debate Jason on three different radio broadcasts, but oddly, Jason never got a call!
Immediately after our interview, Jason emailed that he had visions of coming tornadoes and hurricanes: danger from the skies. Floods, landslides, it was as if he was there, just as in ALL of the visions The Great Spirit, God, gives him: even when predicting airplanes crashes.
Disasters are felt most deeply by the impoverished and marginalized. Following a disaster, it is the responsibility of religious leaders to ensure the effects of a disaster are not exacerbated in traditionally marginalized communities. There are many things one can do as a religious leader to both help promote tolerance and to work with affected populations.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (37 chatters)
- The Portal (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (14 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (13 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (11 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (9 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (9 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (9 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (8 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (8 chatters)
- Omega Man (8 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (8 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (7 chatters)
- Cynde Meyer (7 chatters)
- HOV Radio (7 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (6 chatters)
- 63289 (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- SHRAonair (6 chatters)
- TimBinnall (5 chatters)
- Hickory Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (5 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (5 chatters)
- Fins Radio (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- WARRIOR TALK RADIO (3 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (3 chatters)
- Indie Chick Radio (3 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (3 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (3 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- Jeff Coats X Pitboss Waterfowl (3 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (2 chatters)
- ParaAnne (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Midwest LSA Expo 2014 (2 chatters)
- Patriot Family (2 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (2 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (2 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (2 chatters)
- Rick Moran (2 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Texas Conflict Coach (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Stephanie Hill Williams (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Microsoft Princess Insider (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)
- Broderic Adams (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- DFW Power Brokers (1 chatters)
- DiandraSmithXHall (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- A Christian Perspective (1 chatters)
- Abundant Living1 (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (1 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- EMONSTA (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- PASOS (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Matt and Phil Show (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MBN (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Lady Faatimah (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- Real Talk With Robert Simmons (0 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries Friends (0 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (0 chatters)