SORT BY Relevancy
Alzheimer's care starts out innocently enough, but will demand more and more from you over time. Here's a short road map to help plan your best route. Are you already providing care for a parent or relative? This is an illness that will test your limits... it will stay one step ahead of you. Every time you think you finally have a problem behavior under control, the next dramatic change will knock you off balance. So take 15 minutes and I will give you the best overview of what to expect...and use it to make a back-up plan. I guarantee you will hear some stuff that is completely new.
Managing the diffcult dementia behaviors can be a 24/7 job without a break. It also can be a job that you feel like you're managing alone. What happens when the behaviors become too much? What can you do to ensure you and your caree stay safe?
Claire Day, our dementia care expert, joins Denise today to talk about managing a dementia care crisis.
The International Caregivers Association (ICA) creates and delivers effective caregiving solutions to benefit not only patients, but also families, homecare workers, hospital staff, and long-term care employees. ICA for Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregiving is "source solution" oriented. Physicians, nurses and home healthcare givers gain techniques to improve cooperation, reduce stress, and help build networks. Facility Administrators and Caregivers acquire care solutions to improve quality of life for everyone impacted by dementia, while enhancing operations and reducing costs. Healthcare students benefit from learning techniques and applications that make a meaningful difference. For anyone seeking to learn how to care for or improve the quality of care, ICA provides it -- compassionately around the world day and night with information, tools, and techniques. "Because every human life is sacred, individuals living with Alzheimer’s/dementia must be able to feel safe, retain a sense of independence, be respected and treated ethically." Through online accredited training and ambitious teams around the world in South America, Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and North America, Dr.Ethelle Lord (President of ICA) is promoting a mission doused in her life's passion. Presentations are scheduled at the 24th Annual Conference of Alzheimer's Europe and 9th International Conference on Frontotemporal Dementias. Dr. Lord's realization of the great need for adopting a uniform way of delivering dementia care to professionals and families came through her own caregiving journey. Her husband was diagnosed in January 2003 with Vascular Dementia following a triple bypass surgery. She authored the first Alzheimer’s primer, “How in the World... and Now What Do I Do?” Now, with a pending book release, expanding ICA, plus Remembering 4 You, she joins us to share the far-reaching impact.
Welcome to Alzheimer's Speaks Radio where we listen to all voices on dementia.
Our first guest Jane Sweeney, used a pen name of JC to write "Caregiver: My Love Story, Facing Dementia." This is a powerful and very "caregiver friendly" book. The book is her tribute to her sweetheart Bernie, to honor his love. Jane wanted and needed to share what she learned. By giving to others tips she learned from her own journey, Jane hopes to bring awareness to the difficulties faced by so many walking this path.
Our second guest will be Dr. Shubin is active in research for dementia. As the Director and Principal Investigator of Neuro-Therapeutics, Inc., he provides opportunities for those diagnosed to be involved in cutting edge research in neurology. Today, he will talk to use about a phase 3 clinical study. The trial involves LMTX, a Tau protein aggregation inhibitor for patients with early Alzheimers. LMTX™ acts by reducing levels of aggregated or misfolded Tau proteins, which are associated with the progressive neurodegeneration of Alzheimer’s disease.
For more information contact Keeley Fernandez, Study Coordinator by Email (626)250-2070 ex 730
Check out Alzheimer's Speaks Website for more resources and information - Blog, Free Webinars, Tools, Resource Directory and more.
Making the decision to keep your loved one with dementia at home or to make the move into a care community is not only a difficult one, but one filled with emotion. When making this decision it is important to ask yourself some very important questions.
Join host Tami Neumann as she shares with you some things that you should consider when making this decision concerning your loved one with memory loss.
Join in the conversation by sharing your questions before and during the show via twitter by using #CICquest.
Learn more about this topic by reading the following article. The Ultimate Care Decision by Tami Neumann.
Caregiving for a parent with Alzheimer's or Dementia is quickly becoming the defining characteristic of Boomers. There are tens of thousand of adult children providing care for a parent with this terrible disease. Those of you that have been doing it for a while know how overwhelming it can be.
Dementia Care Secrets is an audience defined program, where caregivers can hear from a Gerontologist who specializes in Alzheimer's and dementia care. Hiring a geriatric are manager costs around $350 an hour. But you can avail yourself of Mr. Vanderhider's expertise for FREE!
Come and listen to hear if people have your same issues, or ask your specific questions via a toll free line.
Are you a caregiver thaking care of your loved one with dementia? Then this show is for you. Join host Tami Neumann as she sits down in conversations with Tryn Rose Seley as they talk about strategies to use with your loved one with dementia, that not only is loving to them but to you as the caregiver as well.
Tryn has written a book on dementia that helps caregivers to connect with their loved one with dementia. She has also been instrumental in developing an app to aid caregivers in connecting with their loved one.
So grant yourself a treat this Valentine's Day by listening to this wonderful strategies.
Learn more about Tryn by checking out her website.
Today we have Alex Guerrero, with American Elder Care Research Organization. They produce the website Payingforseniorcare.com. Alex learned the hard way about the challenges associated with caring for the elderly and finding the financial resources to pay for care and today he is going to share his secrets and tools to help you!
Contact Alex Website Email
Our 2nd guest will be Dr Al Powers who is known around the world for his forward thinking dementia care. His book "Dementia Beyond Drugs" took the world by storm. I can't wait to talk to him about his new book "Dementia Beyond Disease: Enhancing Well-Being." YOu can get the book at Amazon or Health Propress
Contact Al Website Email
Alzheimer's Speaks Website
Our guest today will be Colin McDonnell, Care Services Manager at Unitingcare Ageing’s at Starrett Lodge NSW Australia . Colin has had a long career in aged care with a particular interest in person centered care, especially with people living with dementia. His work is incredible and Colin has received multiple awards. People around the world are taking notice of his work.
Corinne Maunder is a producer at Fire Films and will join Colin in our conversation. Corinne has a production company she founded in 2003, which specializes in medical, health and wellbeing video production. Corrine has worked with Cathy Greenblat (and Starrett Lodge to develop exceptional footage to inspire and engage people to shift our dementia care culture.
For more resource on dementia and caregiving go to our website at Alzheimer's Speaks
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (143 chatters)
- John Baptist (80 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (51 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (19 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (17 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (16 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (14 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (12 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (11 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (9 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (9 chatters)
- thedean (9 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (9 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (8 chatters)
- EBN Talk Radio (8 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (7 chatters)
- Omega Man (7 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (6 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (5 chatters)
- Tarvino (5 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- 63489 (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- FFToolbox (4 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (4 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- FreedomReigns (3 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (3 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (3 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (3 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (2 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Midwest LSA Expo 2014 (2 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- Wicce Women (2 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- Fightin Words Radio (1 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (1 chatters)
- Allyssa Narvaez Online (1 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (1 chatters)
- Mikeisha (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Reality Check2 (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- RefJeremy (0 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (0 chatters)