SORT BY Relevancy
Julia Ibbotson lives in a renovated Victorian rectory in the English countryside with her husband (four children, now grown up, having fled the nest), along with lots of apple trees, a kitchen garden and far too many moles. She is an author and academic, and loves choral singing, walking, swimming, gardening and cooking (not necessarily at the same time). She started writing as soon as she could hold a pencil in her tiny fist and has not stopped since, much to the bemusement of her long-suffering husband who brings her endless cups of coffee and sometimes even makes the dinner when she is distracted and frowning at her laptop.
She wrote her first novel when she was 10 years old, sadly never published and long since consigned to the manuscript graveyard. She loves writing novels with a strong sense of time and place and that is the basis of her latest, Drumbeats, the first of a trilogy which follows Jess through the trials and tribulations of her life. It starts with Jess on her gap year in Ghana in the 1960s.
Recently she found an old manuscript gathering dust in her drawer, one she had originally scribbled when she was still at school, many years ago. It was a children’s story about a boy who slips through a tear in the fabric of the universe to find himself in a fantasy medieval world. She is currently blowing off the dust and redrafting it for her publishers to let it loose on the world in the autumn. It’s called S.C.A.R.S.
She loves to hear from readers (it’s a pleasant distraction from her steaming keyboard), so do get in touch via the links below.
Three brilliant minds created Faded Diamonds - Camille Burke, Stacey Pacouloute & Mellissa Thomas. Be sure to tune in for a chat with these inspirational women on Saturday Cocktails.
This is a hot topic! Nicole and Janice will be discussion the many types of release ideas that authors could undertake. Be sure to tune in!
Be sure to tune in for this special Valentine's week show, as we discuss Adrienne Thompson's book, Your Love Is King". Adrienne Thompson has worn many titles in her lifetime–from teenage mother to teenage wife to divorcee to registered nurse to author. This mother of two young adults and one teenager currently resides in Arkansas with her daughter where she writes and publishes her stories full time. You can connect with her on: Website: http://adriennethompsonwrites.
What is Faded Diamonds about?
The Godhand Women’s Home houses two hundred of South Florida’s most desperate young women, and what begins as Leila Sudders’ refuge from her turbulent past quickly becomes a distorted mirror of her own darkness, so she does what she does best as she awaits her child’s birth: close up.
But despite her waning efforts, her toughness carves a path of treacherous consequence that intensifies as her due date draws near, which erupts when she crosses four other desperate women suffering from borderline personality disorder, PTSD, and schizophrenia. One of the five, missionary counselor Diana, fights tooth and nail to empower the others to overcome their demons and see their hidden beauty.
Three brilliant minds created Faded Diamonds - Camille Burke, Stacey Pacouloute and Mellissa Thomas.
Bee L. Kirk is a thirty - six year old, mother of two, who was born and raised in Camden, Arkansas. After moving to Texas in 1996, she worked for the Dallas County Sheriff’s Department for four years as a Detention Service Officer or Jailer. While there, she came to appreciate the fragility of the unknown. She is the host of a radio talk show called “The Convo with Bee & C.C. on Blog Talk Radio.com, and contributing writer for SLC Magazine.
Her blog is called Bee’s Buzzing Thoughts, Opinions and Reviews and it can be found at beelkirk.blogspot.com or beelkirk.wordpress.com. She’s also the published author of City of the Guardians: Introducing Alex Honor and What’s From the Heart Reaches the Heart. The cover of City of the Guardians recently won for the Best Cover in the Action & Adventure category via AuthorsDB.com
Bee always ask the guest on her show what their passion is? She feels it is important to establish and speak the thing that makes you tick. “No matter what your past holds and regardless of your present situation or future doubts. Pursue your passion with a passion,” is just one her many sayings. You can find more information about Bee L. Kirk at http://www.beelkirk.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (476 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (52 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (40 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (38 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (23 chatters)
- Curious Times (23 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (22 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (17 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (17 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (16 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (16 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (16 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (14 chatters)
- thelordshour (13 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (11 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (10 chatters)
- Danny Mendez (8 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (8 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (6 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (6 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (6 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (6 chatters)
- Ms Blue (5 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (5 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (5 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (5 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (5 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (5 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- Quagmire America (4 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (4 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (3 chatters)
- LargeInCharge Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (2 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (2 chatters)
- wego (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- The Prime Directive (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (1 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (1 chatters)
- Exalted Nation of Truth (1 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (0 chatters)