SORT BY Relevancy
Background: Reggae - Around 1960, in the slums of Kingston Jamaica, where the local bands were playing a musical mixture of American R&B, Caribbean, and pan-African sounds, drummers began to emphasize the afterbeat, the 2nd and 4th beats (4/4 time) in unison with the piano and guitar while the bass played walking quarter notes. The musicians called the sound "Upside-down R&B". It soon became known as "Ska". As time passed Ska slowed the beat, lost it's brass sound and morphed into "Rocksteady", performed with fewer musicians and using more harmony vocals. Around 1968 the influences of Rastafari and Africanism along with political and social unrest in Jamaica gave birth to "Reggae", with a slower, stripped-down, less "Pop-like" sound often with accents added on the 3rd beat. Today the term "Reggae" applies broadly to all the Jamaican born music that contains the original afterbeat rhythm.
Go to your county court house and register the business in your name.
It will look like this.Mary Jane, DBA, Discount Fashions.
DBA= Doing Business As.
Doing this is no different than the way you are operating at present, regarding income taxes.All profits are considered personal income.
You will purchase a license, renewable each year and you may obtain a SalesTax certificate. Any sales tax collected will be sent to the state to which you ship merchandise, if that state requires tax on internet purchases.
You can see that you'll have to know the tax rate for any state that requires this.
With a sales tax certificate, you can purchase wholesale without paying sales tax.OR, you may choose to pay sales tax at the wholesale level, and have no tax to pay to states, with no tax certificate. You may already be doing this. It is legal to do this and add, charge sales tax on your retail price, if in your own state. Most states do not require tax on out of state shipments. (This all depends on how you are operating)
Laws on internet sales may change at any time, so you need to keep informed.
You will have to keep records and submit operating statements in order to substantiate your earnings for income tax purposes.Open a bank account in the business name, (CRS Radio). Pay all purchases, expenses and any draws that you take from that account.Don't intermingle personal money with the business.
Fatherhood with James C. Tomlin
Who is eligible –
Fathers and parents who desires to have a platform to share their experience and have an open dialog about raising their children with other fathers who have common interests.
What is the topic –
Fatherhood – what were some of the examples I understood about a father’s role growing up? What were some of the conversation I heard growing up as child and even in my adulthood about a father’s contribution in the lives of his child(ren)?
What is the goal –
· That the world may know the heart of the Father,
· Assist fathers to identify their roles in the lives of children and have mothers support fathers in their roles.
· Provide a forum for fathers to receive support, education and fostering fathering behaviors with their children and the mothers of their children.
· Fathers and parents to have a voice and dispel some of the misconceptions about a father’s involvement and role in his child(ren) lives.
Valentine’s day is one such occasion when across the globe express their love with great pomp and show. All those girls who are looking forward to make their man feel special on this day of love, can dedicate these sweet love messages to him. These valentine messages will make your bond even stronger.
Valentine’s day is indeed a special occasion for all those who are totally in love with each other. This special day gives you a wonderful Opportunity to showcase affection towards people you love.And undoubtedly, social media is great platform to impress her with messages that can make her heart melt. - See more at: http://www.mydearvalentine.com/#sthash.HGOIQNcl.dpuf
R.I.P. Record Store Day or can it be saved?Let me preface this post by stating that I LOVE Record Stores. I WANT Record Stores to succeed. I LOVE the spirit that Record Store Day originally championed. I don't want Record Store Day to go away, but there are too many glaring issues that stores don't get to publicly mention and I've been asked to help be a voice for those that are afraid to speak up, for fear of retribution.
Ever since March 20th, when the official lists for Record Store Day have come out, you've seen some minor rumblings of a backlash towards Record Store Day. It has started to gain traction, received national attention and was very upsetting to those behind Record Store Day. But the problem is, if this stuff doesn't get discussed, how else can it get out? Not everything can or should be discussed behind closed doors--sometimes transparency is needed.
I made a post last year about some tweaks that were needed for Record Store Day here. Because in talking to as many stores as I do, I could see this coming. I was hoping that some of these issues would be fixed, but sadly we are now at the end of the road and two things are getting ready to happen:
a) Record Store Day is going to kill itself due to abundance of product b) Record Store Day is going to be abandoned by the very stores/artists/labels it was setup to promote
So what are some of the fundamental problems going on in the industry that will help kill Record Store Day:http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2014/04/rip-record-store-day-or-can-it-be-saved.html
CaribbeanRadio Show Sunday 8pm - 10pm, March 29th TOPIC: Some Like It Rough - Abusive Relationships
dial in 661-467-2407Hosts; Prof D. and BMichelle.Is it possible for him to love me and beat me? verbally abuse me? mentally abuse me?What do you think about it?.
1. He pushes for quick involvement. He comes on strong, claiming, "I've never felt loved like this before by anyone." You get pressured for an exclusive commitment almost immediately.
2. There is jealousy. Your partner is excessively possesive, calls constantly, or visits unexpectedly.
3. He is controlling. He interrogates you intensely about who you talked to and where you were; checks mileage on the car; keeps all the money or asks for receipts; insists you ask for permission to go anywhere or do anything.
4. He has very unrealistic expectations. He expects you to be the perfect person and meet their every need.
5. There is isolation. He tries to cut you off from family and friends; deprives you of a phone or car, or tries to prevent you from holding a job.
6. He blames others for his own mistakes. The boss, family, you - it's always someone else's fault if anything goes wrong.
Dr.Yates Teaching Understanding Mathematics through Insight,Concept &Perception
Dr. Richard Yates born in the only official English speaking Country in South America, has been educated in 21 Countries and 6 languages. Graspmathologist Dr. R. Yates is the inventor or Kreator of the math approach called Graspmatyx. Dr. Yates is based in Gondar, Ethiopia and is available for Radio/ TV talk shows. Graspmathologist Dr. R. Yates is also available for Graspmatyx work shops for teachers, students, educators, parents and single adults. He can be reached firstname.lastname@example.org. his facebook names are Richard Yates.Question:Where is our Math and why so many Caribbean people are intimidating, having apprehension or fear while learning math.Why teachers, students and parents have difficulty learning math? The Chinese have their own math, the Islamic have their own math, the Jews have their own math, the Caucasian European Americans have their own math. Where is our Math? The Caucasian Americans taught us their limited Curriculum of learning math. This is called Conventional math, or Conceptual math. We were taught to under stand, for too long we have been under the stand of learning math. Caucasian so-called white people under standing of math is called SPWOL system of learning. Spwol as an acronym means Slave Plantation Way Of Learning. They taught us Times Table as low, they call highest, 12 X 12 and stop. Graspmatyx is Perceptual math, based on 4 principles. Perception, Reasoning, Rhythm and Restoration. Our Times Table starts at zero to nine nine (they call ninety nine) and above mentally. email@example.com www.crsradio.com 661-467-2407 www.caribbeanradioshow.com (C) 2015 All Rights Reserved Caribbeanradioshow.com
Family values what is famaily values how do you define family value . what is it for you is it the same for alll
A family is defined as a social unit consisting of parents and the children they raise.
Value is defined as the quality or worth of a thing. To combine the words together yields a definition of: a traditional set of social standards defined by the family and a history of customs that provide the emotional and physical basis for raising a family. Our social values are often times reinforced by our spiritual or religious beliefs and traditions. Do you have traditional family values? How do you determine your family values?
What does family time mean to you? Traditional family values that fall under the “love task” include all our relationships.
Traditional family values usually include such topics such as religion, marriage, communication, traditions, morals, holidays, interactions with relatives and how time is spent together.
Our play time includes things like recreation, relaxation, alone time and exercise.
Educational Socially Conscious Reggae Music
Step in to the studio with reggae pioneer and cultural ambassador Hopeton Brown.
Log on to discuss the message behind the music.
Music is divine, univeral and a tool to empower the youths.
Wednesdays -9 - 12 pm EST
Dial in (661) 467-2407
Midnight lover with bro blue the oldies and reggae mix grooving to the sounds of yesterday years. From 10pm-1am Fridays call in with your request on 661_467-2407 to chat with hos
Mark Anthony Whiten is a former Major League Baseball outfielder and switch-hitter batter who played for the Toronto Blue Jays, Cleveland Indians, St. Louis Cardinals, Boston Red Sox, Philadelphia ..
.For the history books, Mark Whiten, 1993 Cardinals: 4-for-5, 4 HR, 4 R, 12 RBIs.http://m.mlb.com/video/v11879407/mlb-network-remembers-mark-whitens-fourhomer-game
Keith Alexander Mitchell is a former professional baseball player. He played parts of four seasons in Major League Baseball for the Atlanta Braves, Seattle Mariners, Cincinnati Reds and Boston Red Sox.
Also our own Speedy DD Dixon back from Jamaica, Dee will give us an update on a successful trip.
Also help us in making the Wariohttp://www.warriorssportsacademy.com Sports Academy a success.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- John Baptist (70 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (30 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (17 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (11 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (11 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (11 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (10 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (9 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (8 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (7 chatters)
- The Road Hawgs Radio Network (6 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (6 chatters)
- Demolishing Strongholds (6 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (5 chatters)
- Papa CE (5 chatters)
- The Endless Light (5 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- 63489 (4 chatters)
- alexas29 (4 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (4 chatters)
- The Tea with Rie (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- Thats Novel (3 chatters)
- Roger Taylor (3 chatters)
- Patriot Family (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Rod Eccles (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Sisterhood Exchange (2 chatters)
- Triangle Variety Radio (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- JackNewtown (2 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (2 chatters)
- EON Network (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Fire Weekly (1 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (1 chatters)
- Ant Bowden Show (1 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (1 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- SweetSouthernTRadio (1 chatters)
- REAL MEN SPEAK (1 chatters)