SORT BY Relevancy
Robert Wolfe of Crowdrise (www.crowdrise.com) will be our guest. Crowdrise is about volunteering, raising money for Charity and having fun while doing it. Whether you're running a marathon, volunteering, or have causes that you care deeply about, create your own Fundraising Pages on Crowdrise and choose from over a million charities to raise money for. Visit the Peace Day TV page on Crowdrise at: http://www.crowdrise.com/broadcast/fundraiser/peacedaytv ~ join our team, or create your own project and team!
**Donate to TNAid via our page on CrowdRise: www.crowdrise.com/tnaid*** THE STORY:
The rumors all along the internet is that Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA Wrestling) is up for sale by its owners, the Carter Family. We at the CSTC Network along with our friends at New Legacy Inc & Its Raining Meng think we can do a better job creating a pro wrestling promotion and we'd like YOUR help to prove that! Give us your money and in turn, we will give you the best/most ridiculous) wrestling product you've ever seen!
**This is the premise for our fake telethon that will air LIVE on the CSTCNetwork on Nov 5th. The reality is, we'd like to turn this situation seen above and raise some money for a good cause. Every dollar donated will go to the American Cancer Society to help find a cure for a disease that has taken many of our loved ones. Help us have a good time doing radio while we're doing something good in the process!
HUGE thank you to NewLegacy & ItsRainingMeng for their help in TNAid!
The Programme w/ Matt & Ben airs every Tuesday night at 7pm on CSTCNetwork.com with podcasts on demand at BlogTalkRadio.com/CSTC, Stitcher Radio & iTunes!
Norman Mailer, the literary tough guy who was covering the 1992 Rebuplican National convention for The New Republic, was awed by the “Republican princess” and the magnitude of her appeal. “When Mary Fisher spoke like an angel that night,” he wrote, “the floor was in tears, and conceivably the nation as well.”
Called “A Whisper of AIDS,” the speech is included in “Words of a Century: The Top 100 American Speeches, 1900-1999,” you can watch and listen to it on YouTube.
Mary Fisher tested positive for H.I.V. in 1991 at the age of 43 and has spent the last 20 years combining advocacy and art-making.
Back in 1992 the Republican National convention was on my TV as background noise. At one point, I glanced up and saw a woman I could identify with as a young mother, but here she was saying she had AIDS. Mary left quite an impression on me. Little did I know that years later our paths would cross at the International Quilt Festival in Houston. This time I was drawn in by her artwork. We connected on some level and have been friends ever since. It is my honor to interview her today and help her celebrate her 65th birthday - Mary Fisher style.
in Self Help
My special guest tonight is one of today’s shining examples of the power of the heart and will over the mind.
Kyle Maynard is an author, a motivational speaker, a mountain climber, and an inspirational leader of disabled veterans called, Wounded Warriors.
Kyle’s current assault on life is his plan to ascend the 19,340 feet to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro in January of 2012.
Kyle was born March 24, 1986 with a condition known as congenital amputation that left him with arms that end at the elbows and legs that end near his knees. His story begins as an 11-year-old that wanted to wrestle and a coach that gave him an opportunity to try. After losing every single match his first year and most his second, Maynard, with his iron will became a very successful varsity wrestler on one of the best teams in the Southeast. Maynard won 36 varsity matches his senior year, while defeating several state place finishers and state champions during his final season.
In 2004, Maynard was named the ESPY Award Winner (Best Athlete with a Disability) and in 2009, Kyle became the first quadruple amputee to step into the cage and compete as an amateur no-holds-barred fighter.
Tonight we will talk about this ultimate challenge!
To learn more, go to these powerful links:
Sanjay Gupta Feature on Kyle Maynard
Meet Kyle Maynard
Crowdrise On-line Fund Raiser
Join Host Live Chats
- King Jordan TALK SHOW (70 chatters)
- Ms Blue (44 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (32 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (29 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (25 chatters)
- Curious Times (21 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (20 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (19 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (19 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (17 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (15 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (13 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (11 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (9 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (5 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (4 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (3 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (3 chatters)
- Unseen World (3 chatters)
- TheWriteStuff (2 chatters)
- Auntie Kim Ber Lee From Vine (2 chatters)
- Bay Bridge Sports Hub (2 chatters)
- Gorilla Joe (2 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (2 chatters)
- Sex Energy Goddess13 (2 chatters)
- The Psychic Cow (2 chatters)
- The Astrology Tarot Show (2 chatters)
- Rev James 0011 (2 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- PhilosoPhenomena (1 chatters)
- N Plain English (1 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (1 chatters)
- Black Ceez (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)