SORT BY Relevancy
In this episode we have special guest, history fiction author J.F. Ridgley. We also introduce a new member to The Write Pack: Meredith Tate
Critique groups, partners and beta readers are a low stake experience that can be similar to that of an editor, agent, or publisher. So you have written a short story or a novel and are told you should find a critique group? Maybe a Critique Partner? And what is this odd thing called Beta Readers? Are they a pond filled of piranhas? Are they necessary steps to getting published? Why are they so important? Aren’t they always filled with just failed writers who are bitter and waiting to rip things up?
Is there a difference between college writing critique groups and commercial writing critique groups? Do they replace editors? Are they like a movie’s favorite private screening feedback group?
Should these people ever be a loved one, family member, or close friend?
What defines a good beta reader, critique group or partner? What kind of feedback should you expect to receive? What makes good usable criticism? And what is the “sandwich effect”?
How do you know if you are ready for a critique group, partner or beta reader?
What makes a bad beta reader, critique group or partner? When you break up with a group or partner like breaking up with a lover?
How do you find critique groups or critique partners writing in your genre?
Beware of the critique giver who is trying to mold you into an image of their own method. Also beware of turning it into “social hour.”
Here are simple guidelines for evaluating a speech
Organization – Did the speech have a clear opening, body and conclusion? Did the Speaker make a definite point and provide material to support that point? Was the message clear throughout? Were the transitions appropriate? Did the speaker flow from one idea to another in an effective, seamless manner?
Research / Supporting material – Did the speaker research their subject? If so, did they provide specific facts, examples and illustrations? Did the speaker present as an authority on the subject?
Body Language – Does the speaker’s body language enhance their speech? How effectively did the speaker use body language to convey their points? Was the speaker’s body language loose and relaxed or confined and tense?
Vocal Variety / Vocabulary – Did the speaker use varying volume, pitch and rates of speaking to enhance the speech? Were these appropriately used? Did the speaker use words effectively throughout the speech to best communicate their ideas?
In all instances, offer suggestions for improvement.
Be part of our artist community join us live on the radio:
Thurs. Feb 27th 9pm-10pm, MST
Art Critique Techniques, Radio Show
With Co-Host: Suzanne Frazier &
LisaNesmith.com, AmyButowicz.com, ClaireJackel.com, SuzanneFrazier.com, AnnetteColemanArtist.com
Annette Coleman & Suzanne Frazier
If you have ever wondered how to best critique or take direction from fellow artists, the public or an instructor this show is for you. Just a few things to consider: What is the painting of? Is it unusual, unexpected, controversial or intriguing? Does it lend itself to comparison to work by a famous painter? Do you understand the symbolism?
A new way to prerecord for the show on your smart phone - record on your memo function and send to: AnnetteColeman@yahoo.com and we will include you on the show (note Radio Show in subject line).
Critique Revolve, where fans of film and television come together to discuss their thoughts on the latest movies and television programs. True escapism can not be achieved unless the audience is swept away by the power of cinema. This is a show where the hosts discuss the elements of film that truly grants our minds temporary freedom from the daily convines of life.
Welcome to Critique Revolve. This week's host discuss, analyze and breakdown Disney's new breakthrough animation 'Big Hero 6'.
Sacerdotus in this episode offers an academic critique of Protestantism which originates from former Augustinian priest, Martin Luther. He explains where this heresy came from and how its theological ideas are flawed compared to Biblical sources, Traditional sources and historical ones as well. Protestantism is a collection of many sects with each claiming to be the "one true" church of Christ. Sacerdotus explains how these claims are ficticious and dishonest by explaining how the one truth Church of Christ only resides in the Catholic Church headed by the Vicar of Christ, the Pope.
Umm Sa'eed and Umm Hunayfh critique the controversial article written by Imam Na'eem Abdullah called: "The Advice to the Companion Regarding Choosing a Righteous Wife: 15 Traits of Fir'awnic Women"; which can be found by following the link below:
Many see this article as an attack on women. Tune in to get our view as we comb through this article.
in Video Games
In this espisode, we talk about certain aspects of the ED community (*coughotherradioshowscough*) and offer our criticisms on them. In other words, come watch HAX be Judgy McJudgersons -- you know you love it! Also, topic grabbag for those who want to call in and talk about anything on their minds!
This episode continues the musings of a functional mystic, Host Dr. Steven Katz, on domestic and global politics.
By way of subject matter, I will comment on the new book of Dr. Michael Savage: "Stop The Coming Civil War."
This is a continuation of rationalism vs. the occult view of reality as started in the last episode "Politics and the Occult."
Join us for deepening discussion of Pallasmaa's Critque of the Ocular & Merleau-Ponty's notions about embodied existence.
Please listen with us concerning international architect Pallasmaa's criticism of the prioritization of the ocular in western architecture and design. He is a phenomenologist at the root of it, and understands to a profound level the consequences of the aggressive gaze in our civilization. Host, Dr. Boileau, takes up these ideas with continued and deepening inquiry.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (67 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (27 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (21 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (20 chatters)
- Odwirafo (20 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (19 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (19 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (18 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (11 chatters)
- R3belutionRadioShow (11 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (10 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (10 chatters)
- Apocalypse Nana (10 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (9 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (6 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (5 chatters)
- Witch School (5 chatters)
- Life Conversations (5 chatters)
- in5d (5 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (5 chatters)
- New Colony Network (5 chatters)
- FCPT Tim Maile (5 chatters)
- Curious Times (4 chatters)
- Black Author Network (4 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (4 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (4 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- nwo truth radio media (3 chatters)
- David Coney (3 chatters)
- Heroes 101 Radio (3 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (2 chatters)
- drinkfive (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- 4 Shits n Giggles (2 chatters)
- AACONS (2 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (2 chatters)
- Chocolate Sity (2 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (2 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (2 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (2 chatters)
- Quagmire America (2 chatters)
- Stickman RADIO (2 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- TJ Morris Treasure Show (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (1 chatters)