SORT BY Relevancy
Tonight we will discuss the Criminal Justice System and why it is not working for black people. We will also discuss a case here in Inkster, Michigan concerning the beating of a 57yo African American Male below:
Fighting back tears, a Detroit man and longtime auto worker with no criminal history, described how Inkster police officers dragged him from his car one night in January, choked him, beat him and Tasered him during a traffic stop that was caught on patrol car video.
"He was beating me upside the head," Floyd Dent, 57, told a horde of reporters and TV crews during a press conference at his attorney's office Wednesday afternoon, as tears trickled his cheeks. "I was trying to protect my face with my right arm. I heard one of them say, 'tase the M...F. '"
The Jan. 28 incident was caught on police video cameras and is making national news. It shows Inkster police pulling over Dent in his 2011 tan Cadillac near South River Park Drive and Inkster Drive shortly before 10 p.m. The two officers approach with their guns drawn. As Dent opens the door, they pull him out and shove him to the ground. Dent does not appear in the video to be resisting arrest.
In this episode, we discuss the so-called criminal justice system under capitalism, and how it could be different under a socialist system.
The statistics are high when it comes to individuals with mental illness that come in contact with the criminal justice system. With the inmate count at over 400,000 in our jails and state prisons and another 800,000 on probation and parole (U.S. Department of Justice, 2009). The outcome is usually a tragic one. Showing that traditional courts are an ineffective use of law enforcement, courts, tax payer’s money; failure in linking the mentally ill to effective treatment; and the lack of improvement to the public’s safety.
With the percentage at 16.9% (men at 14.5% and women at 31%) most of these individuals suffer with severe mental illness (SMI), such as major depression, bipolar and schizophrenia, they are at risk for repeat minor offenses. The U.S. Department of Justice did a study finding and reported that half of all jail, state prison and federal inmates with mental illness have 3 to 4 prior convictions as they make their way back into the system. In saying this, it just adds to the continuous problems these individuals are constantly faced with.
Many traditional courts and correction facilities are unable to provide the much needed mental health treatment to connect individuals with effective treatment processes in their community, considering they have cut 4.35 billion dollars in funding across all states. So when released from incarceration they will have a better chance in society and less likely of being a repeat offender.
Join me Thursday nite at 7pm CT Nov 21st to discuss the Mental Health Court Systems compared to the traditional court systems that our mentally ill face time and time again for crimes that can be prevented if proper treatment was available.
Tonight we will discuss the need of black leadership in the black community in order to reduce police brutality; The reason these problems are redundant is because we do not have representation that looks out for our better interest. Tokensim is and has gotten to be a sneaky, dinosaur method of failed leadership that is not effective in the year 2015. This was an experiment that has failed and is ineffective in the black community. We need strong, God-fearing, moral Black leadership that is looking out for our best interest.
Join us 5:30 CST as we raised the question:
Ferguson Missouri: Is the criminal justice system broken and in need of repair?
Tonight we will continue to discuss the Criminal Justice System; We will discuss why Blacks "crawl' into the Criminal Justice System in order to persecute their own black people. This is the real Black on Black crime that is passed down to the bottom.
Let Conversate and Talk About It.
Join Host Live Chats
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (55 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (37 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (36 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (21 chatters)
- Curious Times (17 chatters)
- Odwirafo (16 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (12 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (10 chatters)
- PMN Radio Network (7 chatters)
- SUBCONSCIOUS CHANNEL (7 chatters)
- Free Thinking Radio (6 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (6 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (5 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (5 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (5 chatters)
- Doc Wythe (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (4 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (4 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution Radio (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (3 chatters)
- Light For Souls Radio (3 chatters)
- SupermanHomepage (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Front Row At The Freak Show (2 chatters)
- 101OasisRadio (2 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (2 chatters)
- Interstellar Realities (2 chatters)
- WJBR (2 chatters)
- Woman 2 Woman1 (2 chatters)
- Willie Lawson (1 chatters)
- JoelHenard (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (1 chatters)