SORT BY Relevancy
in Pop Culture
Literally "Costume Play." Dressing up and pretending to be a fictional character (usually a sci-fi, comic book, or anime character).
(usage) There are anime cosplay conventions around the world.
“Costumes are not consent. It’s a phrase you may be hearing a lot lately, and one we need to keep talking about. In the past few weeks, the internet has exploded with women speaking up about the treatment we receive at conventions and online. This isn’t a new problem that has suddenly presented itself. The issues have always been there. What is happening now is we finally feel we are allowed to speak up, that doing so will not result in us being ostracized from our community – because we are now acting as a community, a support structure, to create a safe environment for all costumers and convention goers.”
(Source: www.geeksaresexy.net 2013/04/04)
Yes, we are talking about Comic con and the like, and the amount of harassment dished out to women ( and sometimes men) who enjoy dressing up as their favourite character and joining other like minded fans at conventions. Somehow, dressing as your favourite comic book character has been misconstrued as a license for fans to paw and grope these women while treating them like sexual objects.
Today we will be talking to Sam Maggs weekend editor of the online publication themarysue.com about the problems cosplayers face at these conventions, and how we can raise awareness.
Phone lines will be closed for this show, but you are free to call in and listen on (646)716-6583
Consent is a topic that often has much confusion surrounding it. But in order to have positive sexual experiences, consent is a must-have in any endeavor. Unfortunately, many people are unaware of what consent is and have little-to-no idea on how to get consent before engaging in sexual acts with a partner.
Based on her video Getting Consent, Erin McKelle will discuss the definition of consent and effective ways of getting consent in order to be respectful and have more enjoyable sexual experiences.
Today's episode I'll be talking about how wonderful consent is, and how it's something that should be taken seriously no matter the circumstances. No is no, and yes may be a yes at that moment, but if no pops up again you are required to stop whatever activity you're participating in. It is a growing problem where the lines are blurred between what is actually consent and what is deemed sexual assault or and/or harassment, We as human beings with, (at least most of us) the capacity for logical thought should know when our partners, friends, or playmates say no and that they mean it. Especially in college where partying and sexual activity tend to be melded together causing a brew of conflict regarding consent. Tune in, and listener discretion is advised.
Debra Schwartzkopff, a shock survivor who successfully settled a psychiatric malpractice suit out of court will discuss her efforts which can be found on the ECT Justice! website at www.ectjustice.com.
There is also a wealth of information and resources about electroshock. From www.ECTJustice.com:
"Our goal is to gather information from other ECT survivors with the purpose of improving standards in the consent process if this form of treatment is to continue. It is also to provide resources and information around the use of ECT."
This conversation will focus on potential legal actions people who have survived electroshock may take and we will continue to discuss concerns about informed consent for electroshock.
Electroshock is torture. Electroshock is a crime against humanity.
Call in to discuss informed consent, electroshock, and potential legal actions that you can take! 9-11 PM Eastern (267)521-0167
Walter Davis, Andrew Thibaud and Laurie Anspach (Executive Director of CCHR Florida) 8 Feb. 5 PM Eastern, 2 PM Pacific
No parent could ever imagine the horror of not being able to raise their own child. Yet, in today’s family court system, we are finding that more and more divorced parents are losing their rights to see their child and to act as their parent. The reasoning behind this growing movement is equally horrific. Divorced parents are disputing over the administration of psychotropic drugs to their children. One parent wants to drug the child and the other one does not. Mental health has become insinuated into today’s Family Court and the right to Informed Consent is surpassed by vested interests. Hear one parents tale and how he continues to fight for the right to say “NO” to mind-altering drugs for his child.
The Black Card www.BlackCardDiscounts.com
Poly MVA www.polymva.com
Dr. Jessica Hayman http://www.drhayman.com/
Legal Shield https://sites.legalshield.com/aasites/Multisite?site=hub&assoc=walter_davis
The Golden Brown Fairy Godmother http://www.alycesmithcooper.com
Informed consent in marriage means that : Your spouse tells you the risks of marrying him, then YOU get to make your decision based on the facts on the ground. But that did not happen. You were deceived into marrying a secretly gay man. This kind of marriage is not with your informed consent. Now what should you do? .
This radio show educates, affirms, validates, confirms, supports, and empowers straight spouses everywhere. It is hosted by Debbie Thomas-Brown Founder/ President of South Florida Connects, Inc. a Miramar, Florida based outreach and advocacy non-profit organization. Debbie is a Nurse of Jamaican heritage and she is also the Minority/ Immigrant Straight Wives Liaison for the Bonnie Kaye Straight Wives Support
How informed are the people of the United States concerning foreign policy?
Is it our job to make decisions or to submit to decisions made on our behalf?
Confessor Theophanes-Saint of Today
This is one of my more important episodes.
I'm no longer repeating "enthusiastic consent" and I'll be talking about why on this one.
I'll also dig into my thoughts on being an ally and run through a list of banned books.
Let's get to it.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (471 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (92 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (22 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (22 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (20 chatters)
- Black Author Network (18 chatters)
- Curious Times (18 chatters)
- ALLFACTS CONCEPT CRUSHER (15 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (15 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (13 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (12 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (12 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (12 chatters)
- reactionariez (11 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (11 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (9 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- SURN Host (8 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (8 chatters)
- The Advise Show (6 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (6 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (6 chatters)
- NDB Media (5 chatters)
- David Coney (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (5 chatters)
- Rifleman (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (3 chatters)
- Cosmic Pillow Talk (3 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (3 chatters)
- drkate (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (3 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (3 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (3 chatters)
- The View from Montana (3 chatters)
- Tha Real McCoy (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- tickmankyle1 (2 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (2 chatters)
- God In The Midst (2 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (2 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW (1 chatters)
- Above The Fray Podcast (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (1 chatters)
- THE FRESH START CROWD FUNDING WEE (1 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (1 chatters)
- VERSATILE RADIO (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)