SORT BY Relevancy
Donald Jones, Chief Digital Officer, Scripps Translational Science Institute talks with host Craig Lipset, Head of Clinical Innovation, R&D, Pfizer on what's happening with digital in drug development. Don discusses his thoughts on the evolution of new products with digital and the “digitazation” of tools for clinical trials. He also shares his thoughts on the biggest disruptors in pharma.
Don and Craig will be featured in an interview as well at DPharm: Disruptive Innovations to Advance Clinical Trials on September 11, 2014 in Boston.
Head of Clinical Innovation, R&D
Chief Digital Officer
Scripps Translational Science Institute
Founder & Chairman, Wireless Life Sciences Alliance
The Conference Forum
Earlier this week actor/comedian Robin Williams was found dead in his home an apparent suicide. What many people did not realize was that Williams suffered from clinical depression for years. Outwardly the man was all laughs and smiles but on the inside he was fighting a battle for his life. Clinical depression is becoming a more common ailment in today's society, and unfortunately the signs of depression are often missed or ignored. Even though there are celebrities out there who are trying to convince the world it is okay to talk about mental illness the subject is still considered taboo by many.
What IS clinical depression?
Who can be affected by it?
What are the most common treatments?
How common are depression related suicides?
Why does society avoid talking about mental illness?
Can raising awareness make a difference?
Join us on today's show as we attempt to answer these questions and get a dialogue going about mental illness. As always if you wish to call in with your questions or comments phone lines will be open for callers. (646)716-6583
If you can't catch the show live all shows are archived for your listening pleasure.
This show is part of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Patient Education Series.
Our special guest is Dr. Christopher Yasenchak from Compass Oncology in Portland, Oregon. Dr. Yasenchak received his M.D. from Pennsylvania State University. He continued his training at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and is board certified in hematology, medical oncology and internal medicine. His clinical focus is multiple myeloma, lymphoma, stem cell transplantation, gastrointestinal malignancies and clinical trials.
In Clinical Air episode # 8, host Craig Lipset, Head of Clinical Innovation, R&D, Pfizer hosts a show discussing investigators as partners in clinical research. Guests include:
Christine Pierre, President, Society of Clinical Research
Jacalyn Kent, Director, Clinical Development Information & Optimization, Eli Lilly
Key topics include:
Misunderstandings around Remote Based Monitoring
Training and communication challenges for remote site managers
What are the real cost savings around RBM...are we just shifting costs?
Real time data and how this should affect sites and payments
Reducing burdens to the sites
Investigator turn over rate, making sites sustainable
Join host, Craig Lipset, Head of Clinical Innovation, R&D, Pfizer lead a discussion on Investing in the future of clinical research.
Todd Pietri, Co-Founder, Milestone Ventures
Jeremy Sohn, Managing Director, MPM Capital
VC views on:
Disruption in the clinical trial space
Finding opportunities (incubators and accelerators)
Good sources of deal flows
Investing in technology or people?
Beyond the pill
Craig, Todd and Jeremy will also be speaking at Mobile@Dpharm on September 10th at the Farimont Copley Plaza hotel in Boston. This event helps drug developers get their arms around the mobile/digital clinical trial landscape and figure out:
How mobile is innovating clinical trials
What parts of clinical trials mobile/digital technology is currently impacting
How mobile technology is making clinical trials cheaper, easier and more accurate
How mobile/digital is increasing the efficacy of drugs
What the true value is to clinical trials
There is an opportunity to participate in creating a clinical trial app. Mobile@Dpharm will also be of interest to investors and app developers. Following this one day event is DPharm: Disruptive Innovations to Advance Clinical Trials. For more information, visit www.theconferenceforum.org or call 646 350 2580.
Join host, Craig H. Lipset, Head of Clinical Innovation, R&D, Pfizer lead a discussion on what it really means to partner with patients in clinical trials.
Jeri Burtchell, Founder, Partners in Research
Regina Holliday, Artist and Medical Advocate
For more information on Jeri's new launch, visit: Healthivibe.com and for Regina walking gallary, google Regina Holliday, walking gallary.
For more information on the topic of Patients as Partners, visit www.theconferenceforum.org. The Conference Forum presented a program in March 2014 fully dedicated to understanding the journey a patient takes in clinical trials. Also take a look at Disruptive Innovations to Advance Clinical Trials scheduled for September 11-12, 2014 in Boston. This event addresses significant innovation to help improve a patients experience in a clinical trial.
An overview of Ambry's revolutionary form of genetic testing which allows scientists to diagnose many different diseases using far less tests than before. Scientists can now diagnose multiple different diseases with far fewer tests, easing the burden on patients and their families both emotionally as well as financially.
Dr. Ian Thompson is Professor, Glenda and Gary Woods Distinguished Chair in GU Oncology at The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio. Dr. Ian Thompson received his undergraduate degree from West Point and his M.D. degree from Tulane University. After a Residency in Urology in San Antonio, he completed a fellowship in Urologic Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Dr. Thompson has published over 400 scientific papers, several dozen book chapters, and has edited five textbooks in medicine and surgery. He currently serves as Vice-Chair of the Early Detection Research Network of the National Cancer Institute and is Chair of the Genitourinary Committee of the Southwest Oncology Group, the largest clinical trials organization supported by the National Cancer Institute. Dr. Thompson is the Principal Investigator of the San Antonio Center for Biomarkers Of Risk of Prostate Cancer. This cohort study, with up to 8 years of followup, currently follows over 3,600 men for development of prostate cancer and has been the source of many recent important developments in the early detection of prostate cancer.
Our prostate cancer panels are conducted in association with Prostate Cancer International and Prostate Cancer Foundation.
RSVP here (or) mail email@example.com
Today on HELP! Relationships 102, we confront prevailing yet unrealized ways that we give Depression dominion in our lives! You may be surprised to learn that, if allowed —How GOD gives hope to the hopeless, especially in the face of hopelessness!
Join us as we address unaddressed aspects of this all important issue!
In this show you’ll learn:
How to include an off-label drug with your nutrition regimen to help deal with auto-immune diseases such as lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, and Crohns’ Disease.
Why it is important to feed our children a diet that will be appropriate for their best health.
Ways to talk with and educate your physician so that your health needs are best met.
Background and Guest Information:
We all should become more active in our own healthcare.
Join Dr. Ritamarie and Julia Schopick as they discuss about the treatments available that your doctor may not know about, and we should be able to go to them with our research and have an honest talk about medicine.
Creator of the award-winning blog, HonestMedicine, Julia’s writings on health and medical topics have been featured in American Medical News (AMA), Alternative & Complementary Therapies, British Medical Journal, and the Chicago Sun-Times.
Check out Dr. Ritamarie’s VITAL Health Community for additional resources on the role that food plays in your health and strategies for planning your meals for you to live your life full of energy and vitality.
Dr. Rom Weber is an international psychic medium based in the New York Metropolitan Area. She has appeared on television and radio, and has worked with clients from all over the United States, the United Kingdom, India, Canada, Russia, Brazil, the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, China, Japan, and the Philippines. She is trained in both American and British styles of mediumship.
Dr. Rom's primary interests are in uniting loved ones in the here and hereafter, providing evidence for the continuity of the spirit, and helping people develop their own spirituality and mediumistic potential. As a medium, her approach is warm, compassionate, and down-to-earth. She also has a special place in her heart and practice for parents who have survived the loss of a child. This said, Dr. Rom's clientele includes a wide range of people, from those who are simply curious about these topics, to those seeking readings, spiritual connections, and personal growth.
Currently, Dr. Rom works in many capacities. She conducts private sessions for clients and groups of all sizes, lectures, demonstrates, teaches development courses, and conducts retreats. She is also writing a book exploring the challenges of mediumship, and has recently served on the platform at Lily Dale, New York, where she demonstrated her specialty of evidential mediumship to gallery-style audiences.
check out her website at: www.communicationsinspirit.com
Boca Raton, FL – The most important aspect of psychotherapy is the relationship between the therapist and the client. In fact, that relationship alone can be a powerful catalyst for healing; it’s often the first time a person believes they can truly trust someone. With a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, clients can achieve the personal growth they’re striving for.
Hilary Israch is a licensed clinical social worker and Certified Imago Relationship Therapist specializing in psychotherapy for couples and individuals. With more than 25 years of clinical experience, Hilary helps to guide her clients toward a balanced, fulfilling and creative life.
“I believe a great deal of healing comes from our creativity,” says Hilary. “It’s very easy to get stuck in your mind. Sometimes when you go through a depression or a difficult time, it forces you to dig deeper and focus on your own creativity and what you can do to expand yourself.”
As a solution-focused therapist, Hilary’s treatment approach is to provide safety, insight, support and feedback to help clients address and bring resolution to a wide range of life challenges and psychological issues. As a Certified Imago Relationship Therapist, Hilary teaches couples how to develop empathy for one another again.
“With couples, many times they don’t feel safe with one another. They’re either very defensive or very critical. They feel disconnected from each like they aren’t being listened to or understood,” says Hilary. “It’s about learning to enter your partner’s world. You become each other’s therapists and my role is merely to facilitate.”
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (156 chatters)
- John Baptist (92 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (70 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (37 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (36 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (24 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (20 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (19 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (17 chatters)
- Littany (16 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (15 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (14 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (13 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (11 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (11 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (10 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (10 chatters)
- Stickman RADIO (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- Old Style Conjure (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (9 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- gregfilms (8 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (8 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (8 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (8 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (8 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (7 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (7 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (7 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (7 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (7 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (6 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (6 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (6 chatters)
- Living Astrology (6 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (6 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (6 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (5 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (5 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (5 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (4 chatters)
- 12kyle (4 chatters)
- FSF Radio (4 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (4 chatters)
- sun752 (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (3 chatters)
- DLFootball (3 chatters)
- And Then Some Again Productions (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (3 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (3 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Report (3 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (3 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (3 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (2 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (2 chatters)
- David and Wes (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (2 chatters)
- The URC Show (2 chatters)
- The Kennel Spotlight (2 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (2 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (1 chatters)
- Tarvino (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Needs Met (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (1 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (1 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (1 chatters)
- HumanSpirit Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (0 chatters)