SORT BY Relevancy
For decades, debate has raged over whether fibromyalgia (FM) is a real medical disease. Dr. Bruce Gillis talks about research at the University of Illinois at Chicago that shows what's happening with the immune system in FM. Measurable biomarkers from this landmark study resulted in the first clinical test for fibromyalgia (Fm/a Test). Dr. Gillis is a family practice physician whose company (EpicGenetics) is central to the fulfillment of the laboratory work necessary to unequivocally diagnose FM. The study conclusion showed that cytokine responses to mitogenic activators or PBMC isolated from patients with FM were significantly lower than those of healthy individuals, implying that cell-mediated immunity is impaired in FM patients. This novel cytokine assay revealed unique and valuable immunologic traits, which, when combined with clinical patterns, can offer a diagnostic methodology.
This scientific test offers the possibility for people who suspect they have fibromyalgia but have never been diagnosed to have a way to find out if their symptoms are actually fibromyalgia. Dr. Gillis discusses the study, how it was done, as well as a follow-up study that was presented at the 2013 American College of Rheumatology meeting. This ground breaking research is poised to change the way fibromyalgia is viewed by the medical community and help to bring closure to skepticism experienced by people with fibromyalgia. For more information: http://www.fmcpaware.org/fm-a-real-medical-disease
Join us this week as we welcome the country rock band, The Gillis Silo. Hailing from Baton Rouge, LA., they are a five piece country music band making waves throughout the South with their own brand of music that fans have dubbed "Country on the Rocks". Formed in the mountains of northern Afghanistan, The Gillis Silo evolved from the friendship of classically trained piano player Ben Vige and life-long Singer/Songwriter Caleb Paul who met in the United States Army and served overseas together in Kabul from 2012-2013. Ben and Caleb called upon accomplished and experienced Baton Rouge musicians Jordan Snyder, Jared Daigle, and Karl Boudreaux upon their return home to carefully construct their alternative rock infused country sound that has their supporters across the country and around the globe chomping at the bit for live performances and demanding more music to download. With every screaming iconic guitar solo, crash of the cymbals, punch of the bass, warm embrace of ambient sound, and impassioned delivery of every lyric, The Gillis Silo's live performances, unique sound, and truthful autobiographical stories demand nothing short of your undivided attention. We will talk to them about their upcoming schedule, get a behind the scenes look at their music, feature their latest songs, and ask them to share their message for the troops. Please be sure to visit The Gillis Silo at http://www.reverbnation.com/thegillissilo and spread the word. Fans are welcome to call in and speak live with with them during the show (718) 766-4193 If you would like to participate in the live chat during the show, you must sign up on the show site first and then log in during the show. More great music for a really great cause! Be sure to join us, Sunday 6/29/2014 at 4 PM EDT! Our message to the troops....WE do what we do, because YOU do what you do.
Formed in the mountains of northern Afghanistan, The Gillis Silo evolved from the friendship of classically trained piano player Ben Vige and life-long Singer/Songwriter Caleb Paul who met in the United States Army and served overseas together in Kabul from 2012-2013. Ben and Caleb called upon accomplished and experienced Baton Rouge musicians Jordan Snyder, Jared Daigle, and Karl Boudreaux upon their return home to carefully construct their alternative rock infused country sound.
Since the band's first performance in January 2014, The Gillis Silo has made waves throughout the U.S. with their own brand of music that fans have dubbed "Country on the Rocks". They have had the privilege of sharing the stage with Florida Georgia Line, Eli Young Band, Trace Adkins, Aaron Lewis, Jana Kramer, and Chris Young, and they have an upcoming concert with Easton Corbin in August.
Their single, She's My Hurricane, is in rotation in major radio markets throughout the South and their debut music video was recently picked up by CMT.
In July 2014, The Gillis Silo performed at Country Explosion in Tooele, Utah. They have played iconic venues throughout the South including The Varsity Theatre, The Howlin' Wolf, The Shed BBQ & Blues Joint, Hard Rock Cafe, and the House of Blues.
Their much anticipated debut EP is set for release late summer 2014.
The Gillis Silo proudly endorses and is sponsored by Pearl Drums, Spector Basses, Warmoth Guitars, and Soxfords.
Tonight my guest is author Gerald Gillis. Check out his novel Dare Not Blink on Amazon!
Make sure to stop by Gerald's website to learn more about him.
This week, host Brian Bobal will talk about all the lates NHL news from Ben Bishop and Steve Yzerman, to Mike Gillis and the Canucks, Kris Letang, Alex Ovechkin, and the playoffs! Call in and join in!
Eric Thompson is a three-time presenter at SABR (Society for American Baseball Research) national conventions concerning baseball's first expansion between 1960 and 1962. A retired high school mathematics teacher and a life-long Cleveland Indians' fan, Thompson coached youth baseball and served as an assistant high school baseball coach for many years. Today Thompson plays softball in The Babes of 1916 senior league for players 65 and over. Eric lives in Solon, OH, with Colleen, his wife for 44 years. He has three grown children and four grandchildren.
In Baseball's LOST Tradition: Two Eight-Team Leagues, Thompson took on the challenge of researching and reporting the history of baseball's first organized expansion and then switched gears to a unique mathematical application to the statistical side of the game, all in the interest of his favorite topic, baseball. This year's poster presentation at the SABR national convention will reflect an extension of the mathematical application between 1961 and 1976.
On a different level, Thompson recently released the first two books in the Cooperstown Tales series: Book 1: A Providential Meeting and Book 2: A Trilogy. The series recounts the life in Cooperstown, NY, of two fictional characters, Vance Winkles and Connie Gillis, with a backdrop of factual (mostly baseball) history.
Stacy Gillis of Advanced Video Systems joins us this morning. FOr 30 years, she's been one of the best in the business in the Baltimore/DC corridor. We'll talk about how she got that way and what's next. We'll also talk about WOAMTEC. What the heck is WOAMTEC? You'll find out.
in Self Help
Life Changing Insights with Dr. Alan Simberg with special guest Dana Wilde & Anne Sermons Gillis.
Dana Wilde is the author of Train Your Brain: How to Build a Million Dollar Business in Record Time. This book teaches entrepreneurs that before you take action you must have the right mindset for success. She breaks down the Cycle of Perpetual Sameness – the number one reason why most people only experience incremental change in their lives and their businesses. Dana provides the much-needed blueprint to help you get off this counterproductive cycle and how to do it quickly. Her program of the same name has been used by thousands of small business owners and continues to be her #1 selling training. http://danawilde.com
Anne Sermons Gillis started her spiritual pilgrimage at 4. She explored multiple avenues for self-realization and even though she experienced the mystical, travelled the world, lived her life’s calling and created an abundant physical world, she always returned to the doorstep of suffering. Through the use of metaphysics she achieved her material goals by the age of 24 and found herself living the empty life of the American Dream. She renounced much of the material world and found that renunciation brought no better rewards than achievement. In her quest to alleviate human suffering she delved beneath the traditional ideas of happiness and spirituality to the core of reality. At age 49 she awakened to that which is beyond suffering. http://www.annegillis.com
On This Weeks Episode Doobie and Don One Discuss the 2014 Grammy awards and more specifically Macklemore's Rap Album of the Year Award Win Over Kendrick Lamar. We also discuss the possibly upcoming amateur boxing match for charity that will Involve George Zimmerman and Rapper ?The Game?. And also your show favorites Like Tips For The Weekend
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (145 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (137 chatters)
- John Baptist (88 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (35 chatters)
- Jamie The Psychic (23 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (15 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (15 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (15 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (15 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (12 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (11 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (10 chatters)
- AngelsandWarriors (10 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (9 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (9 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (8 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (7 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (7 chatters)
- Life Conversations (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (6 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (5 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- Donny C (5 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (5 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (5 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (5 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Common Ground Media Group OK (4 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (4 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (3 chatters)
- 64452 (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- ParaTruth Radio (3 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (3 chatters)
- The 2nd Revolution (3 chatters)
- SISFI Human Wellness Radio (2 chatters)
- USA live (2 chatters)
- The Final Word Podcast (2 chatters)
- The Program Returns (2 chatters)
- African On The Move (2 chatters)
- 64403 (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- E Factor with Brenda Pearce (2 chatters)
- Darryl James (2 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (2 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (2 chatters)
- onCUE Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (2 chatters)
- NathanWalters0 (1 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- LinkedLocalNetwork (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Hampton Blu Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Arlette and Mike Talk (1 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Wicked Space Radio (1 chatters)
- Stay Bold Radio (1 chatters)
- Tarvino (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- The Cricket Show (1 chatters)
- The Dream1 (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- The Live By Terrence Network (1 chatters)
- The Power Podcast (0 chatters)