SORT BY Relevancy
Today on the BeachLifestyle Radio Show, Host Neil Haley The Total Tutor will interview Actress Ciera Payton.
Ciera Payton is a New Orleans Native with an authentic Southern girl charm. She was raised in multiple neighborhoods in New Orleans but she most identifies with the third ward. There, she lived with her drug addict father and Nanaw (Grandmother). It was under those circumstances that Ciera had to find a way to create her voice.
When her Aunt Kathy advised her to read Maya Angelou’s I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, Ciera discovered that, “If Maya got through it I could get through it too.” And that’s where she discovered her artist voice.
When Ciera was in eighth grade, her Nanaw died of cancer and her father was incarcerated. It was then that Ciera went to live with her mother in New Orleans East. This new world opened endless possibilities for Ciera. She joined her school’s Drama Troupe and then auditioned for the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts. As a freshman, she auditioned for the introductory course at NOCCA, but was enrolled in the sophomore class.
The NOCCA theater program embodied the spirit and family ensemble that Ciera desired. She graduated from NOCCA as a junior and then headed to North Carolina School of the Arts for their High School Drama program and continued to study there for college.
Calling New Orleans, LA home, Ciera Payton discovered her artistic interests early in life, and has spread her wings, landing in the “City of Angels”, Los Angeles, CA.
After obtaining her BFA in Drama Acting from the North Carolina School of the Arts in 2008, Ciera returned to New Orleans, continuing her work as the Associate Director of ‘What Girls Know’, a theater program dedicated to empowering inner city teenage girls. Using theater and acting techniques to enable girls to find their voice and inner strength, appreciating a unique connection with the youth under her tutelage, would confirm within Ciera her role as a mentor. She has gone on to form alliances with organizations such as ‘Girls For A Change’ and ‘Step Up Women’s Network’ to increase her impact on under-resourced youth, both nationally and globally.
Today, as she continues to add to her résumé works such as Spike Lee’s ‘Oldboy’ (2013), USA Network’s ‘Graceland’, TNT’s ‘The Closer’, ‘Torchwood’, CBS’ comedy, ‘Bad Teacher’, co-produced by Cameron Diaz, and many other works, Ciera enjoys her primary residence in Los Angeles, but is sure to be boarding a plane to New York and New Orleans, now earning the name “Hollywood South”, any day of the week.
In a time when beauty is defined by supermodels, success is defined by wealth, and fame is deified by how many followers you have on social media, Lizzie Velasquez asks the question how do you define yourself? Once labeled, “The Worlds Ugliest Woman,” Lizzie decided to turn things around and create her own definitions of what she defines as beauty and happiness.
Acholam Birago travels through the tunnels of the soul unearthing the purpose planted by the Husbandman in the hearts of His people.Acholam Birago, a name of stability, humility, and victory. A name derived from the lands of Africa, kissed by the Nigerian sun, defined by the tribe of Ibo. A name tagged with a charge to deliver a message to love's vacant territory.
Jennifer Carr is the author of "Inside Her Soul", known to the poetic community as "SoulSpoken" and a women empowerment speaker. Detroit native, Jennifer Carr is the President/CEO of soulSPOKEN Expressions, a conglomerate of several companies that empowers and encourages women to express their authentic, true self through the arts. As a poet, author and speaker, she is passionate, devoted and committed to women empowerment and personal development.
Ciera Payton is an actress with many talents, hailing from New Orleans, Louisiana. She’s appeared on a multitude of TV shows including NCIS Los Angeles, The Mentalist, Days of Our Lives, and many more. In her spare time she works to empower youth by volunteering at youth based non-profit organizations such as Step Up Women’s Network and Girls For a Change.
MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER MONICA CARTER DEBUTS BOOK “CELIBATE FABULOUS & FEARLESS”
Evoking thought and promoting positivity
actress/director/author/philanthropist, Ciera Payton. Ciera's first film "Flight of Fury" in 2007 with Steven Seagal has lead to a plethora of other film and television opportunities. Ciera was in "Jump Out Boys" in 2008, Tyler Perry's "Madea Goes to Jail" in 2009, "Oldboy" in 2013 and "Dear White People" (VO) this year. Ciera has made guest starred in television shows like "All My Children, "The Closer, "Californication," "The Mentalist," "Days Of Our Lives," "NCIS: LA," "Graceland" and "Bad Teacher" to name a few
1. Julia Steele Allen joins us to talk about Mariposa & the Saint: From solitary confinement, a play through letters.In 2012, Mariposa (Sara Fonseca) was sentenced to 15 months in solitary confinement. In 2015 she is still in a special confinement unit. Through letters with longtime friend Julia Steele Allen who met her through a CCWP prison visiting team, Mariposa brings her experience to the stage. The play will be performed May 7 & 10 in San Francisco & Berkeley, as a benefit for California Coalition for Women Prisoners. https://www.facebook.com/events/647744338704318/
A Benefit for the California Coalition for Women Prisoners, www.womenprisoners.org For more information contact CCWP email@example.com, 415-255-7036 x 4
2. Paige Rogers joins us to talk about Antigone, which she directs at Cuttingball. It has performances Thursday-Sunday in San Francisco: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAZQ8EctwdQ
3. Rhodessa Jones speaks about Medea Project, Theatre for Incarcerated Women's latest work: Birthright? opens April 9-19, 2015, at Brava Theatre Center in San Francisco, in celebration of Medea Project's 25TH Anniversary. The work is a collaboration between Brava! For Women in the Arts, Cultural Odyssey and Planned Parenthood Northern California. For information and tickets please call (415) 641-7657 and/or log on to http://www.brava.org.
4. Rebroadcast of an interview Friday, March 20, 2015, with Ciera Payton and her father Michael Diaz She just premiered her solo work, Michael's Daughter at ACT-SF Costume Shop. It is the story of her relationship with her incarcerated dad, Michael (who is out now and joins us on the air).
Join us tonight, Monday, March 30th at 7pm (CST) for What's Your Story. Special guest will be, musician, singer, songwriter and producer Mr. Michael Williams. Michael will be sharing his story, as well as his passion for music as we discuss "HOW MUSIC AFFECTS THE SOUL"
Call/Listen (347) 324-5327
Your Radio Network
"Your Radio Your Conversation" ©™
in Self Help
God Gives Me, Part II
This week, I will continue my discussion on faith. My sister, Lisa Polk. will be on the air with me today. She will give you insight on her “Even Me” ministry and the ways that absolutely anyone can be used by God. I will tell my listeners more about the song I wrote about my faith that is featured in the movie “Blackbird” starring Mo’Nique and Isaiah Washington that will be released on April 24.
in Self Help
God Gives Me
This week, I will discuss faith. I will talk about the power that God has used to sustain me throughout the turmoil that has confronted my life and the lives of my loved ones. I will tell my listeners about the song I wrote about my faith that is featured in the movie “Blackbird” starring Mo’Nique and Isaiah Washington that will be released on April 24.
Join us on Monday, March 16, 2015 at 7pm for What's Your Story - "Breakdown to Breakthrough" You don't want to miss this episode.
My special guest will be Ms. Lisa Bennett, or "Lisa B" to her fans. Lisa will be sharing her amazing story of breakdown to breakthrough. Lisa's brilliance, wit and charm will leave you speechless and completely unguarded as she reveals the beautiful paradox, which is her life.
Intercessory Prayer, this will be our third session. We'll be praying for our friends, family, partners, and church.
We'll be praying for the Pastor, and any other needs that are sent forward. You don't want to miss, Saturday Morning Prayer with the Saints.
Pastor Angela Payton
in Self Help
This week, I will discuss growing community concerns regarding the appearance of disparate treatment of minorities in the criminal justice system. I will attempt to give guidance to parents to use when talking to your children about avoiding bad situations with their peers by making good choices and avoiding confrontations with the police. I will also talk about the parameters and availability of legal remedies when bad things happen. This will be an insightful discussion that I hope will leave you feeling empowered and encouraged.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (493 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (39 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (30 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Curious Times (17 chatters)
- Odwirafo (15 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (13 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (11 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (10 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (10 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Bellesprit (8 chatters)
- Free Thinking Radio (7 chatters)
- Papa Lou (7 chatters)
- PMN Radio Network (7 chatters)
- urgentfury (6 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (6 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution Radio (4 chatters)
- SupermanHomepage (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- Universal Radio (4 chatters)
- Front Row At The Freak Show (3 chatters)
- American Chaos (3 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- CommonSenseConversations (2 chatters)
- FrmHsPerspectiv (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (2 chatters)
- Perry Steele (2 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (2 chatters)
- The Urban Release (2 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Phone Fantasy Radio (1 chatters)
- teamYahweh radio (1 chatters)
- The Seers Eye (1 chatters)
- Judge Wyld (1 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (1 chatters)
- IU Radio LIVE Politico Talk (1 chatters)
- Fast Life On the Move (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- 65784 (1 chatters)