SORT BY Relevancy
Is cholesterol good or bad? Inflammation, stress and sugar are bad if too much or chronic. Cholesterol is really a mixed bag of several lipoproteins. If you damage your cholesterol with oxidation or glycation, then it becomes harmful to you. A few lipoproteins are more ominous. Total cholesterol is the worst indicator because the question to ask is what type of lipoproteins, are what is there condition. Also are they transporting fats effectively. Thnkfully, there
Cholesterol Scientists find that feeding lots of cholesterol to bunnies (vegetarians) causes death. From this they conclude that dietary cholesterol causes death in humans. Reality: Dietary cholesterol plays only a small part in overall cholesterol levels and is necessary for mental and physical human health the trans-fat-filled hydrogenated vegetable oils peddled by the food industry have been implicated in higher risks both heart disease and cancer. Designer Fitness and Wellness Center servi
In this episode of The Integrated Physicain, Dr. Fratellone will discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly of Cholesterol. Do you know your HDL and LDL numbers? How often do you have your cholesterol checked? Dr. Fratellone will also discuss ways to naturally lower your cholesterol.
This program will be broadcast LIVE from Jennifer's Way Bakery at 263 East 10th Street (between 1st Avenue and Avenue A). Stop in and say hello, ask a question or just listen to the program beginning at 8:30 pm. Or simply call in and listen from your computer or cell phone!
Are you confused by what your cholesterol levels really say about your health? Today's guest is Jimmy Moore, co-author of Cholesterol Clarity, what the HDL is wrong with my numbers? The Get Better Wellness Radio Show with host, Erin Chamerlik, The Real Food Revivalist. This engaging and informative program teaches how Real Food is foundational for permanent weight loss, amazing energy, optimal health and reduced cravings.
Visit GetBetterWellness.com to learn more.
Erin offers a 4-DVD series taught before a live audience. You will learn to sort through the conflicting and confusing messages about nutrition. Science-based, straight-talkin' host, Erin Chamerlik is the Real Food Revivalist.
Read the success stories HERE and join the Real Food Revival!
Cholesterol is a fatty substance found in all animal fat but not found in plant oils. It belongs to a family of chemicals called steroids. These include sex hormones such as oestrogen, progestrone and testosterone, stress hormones such as cortisone, bile acids which help in the digestion and absorption of fats and also vitamin D. Cholesterol forms an important structural part of all cell membranes and helps to maintain cell wall rigidity.
Scripture for this teaching:The Lord will guide you continually, watering your life when you are dry and keeping you healthy, too. Isaiah 58:11
Cholesterol gets a bad rap when it comes to heart disease. Majority of the medical establishment wants to limit the amount of cholesterol your body produces to keep it under a number of 200. In today's show, we are going to talk about what cholesterol does for your body, how to read your blood work and what to do if your numbers are not what you desire.
Tune in to today's radio show and enlighten your mind about this beautiful fat our body produces..
1. Welcome, Jimmy Moore! [3:23]
2. The Sally Fallon issue and keeping an open mind [5:38]
3. Jimmy's new book, Cholesterol Clarity [12:44]
4. Busting myths: Does fat or cholesterol in our diet raise the level of cholesterol in our blood? [20:13]
5. Worthwhile markers: What and when to get tested [24:43]
6. How low is too low? [43:50]
7. How to talk to your doctor and what to ask for [56:15]
8. Familial hypercholesterolemia [1:07:14]
Check out Jimmy's fantastic book that releases next week > http://bit.ly/cholesterolclarity
Showtime: Tuesday, Sept 17, 2013 at 6pm PT / 9pm ET
Jimmy Moore, host of the widely popular Livin' La Vida Low Carb Show, returns to Dr. Lo radio to discuss his brand new book Cholesterol Clarity: What the HDL is Wrong With my Numbers?
In this show, we'll discuss:
• Why high cholesterol/dietary fat may not really kill you
• What actually contributes to high cholesterol
• and more!
Hosted by Dr. Lauren "Lo" Noel of Shine Natural Medicine
There's GOOD, there's BAD and there's UGLY. And, many want to know what they can do to get rid of the BAD. Hear what can sweep away excess fat and cholesterol in the blood and carry it back to the liver, preventing plaque build-up - exercise is very effective, but these 7 foods can also do wonders!
About Your Host:
Jessie Blair-Myrie, CHHC, AADP
I will be interviewing Jonny Bowden, co-author of The Great Cholesterol Myth. Jonny Bowden, PhD, CNS, (aka "The Rogue Nutritionist") is a nationally known expert on weight loss, nutrition and health. He is a board-certified nutritionist with a master’s degree in psychology and the author of fourteen books on health, healing, food and longevity
We will be talking about some of the most common misunderstandings when it comes to cholesterol and heart disease. Some of the things we’ll cover include:
Why cholesterol and saturated fats aren’t so bad for you Lowering cholesterol doesn’t prevent heart disease The dangers of Statin drugs, and why the “benefits” may be tricky The real source of high cholesterol The habit changes that can significantly lower the risk of heart disease (without the drugs)
Join us to learn the best ways (without all the myths) to effectively prevent, manage and reverse heart disease.
Join Host Live Chats
- Missy Hill (22 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (18 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (17 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (13 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (11 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (9 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (7 chatters)
- RFB with Kel and Tim (7 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (7 chatters)
- Rev Dr Catherine M Gross (5 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (5 chatters)
- MCRMedia Marlins Country Radio (3 chatters)
- Prophetess Evangelist Theresa (3 chatters)
- CULTURE FREEDOM RADIO (3 chatters)
- In Christ Alone Ministries (3 chatters)
- Its Live Real Talk (3 chatters)
- JASmius (3 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Transparency in Christ Channel (2 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (2 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (2 chatters)
- The Live By Terrence Network (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach M I (1 chatters)
- nXphase Records (1 chatters)
- Organic Brain Food Global Radio (1 chatters)
- pgant (1 chatters)
- Ree Tunis (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- The EvanXMiller Report (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio1 (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)
- BOOKS AND BOOKSHHH (1 chatters)
- Conversations of a Mom Daughter (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries LIVE (1 chatters)
- doublejplayhouse (1 chatters)
- dtm radio (1 chatters)
- Fancalls (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)