SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
From the ages of 12-15 David Pittman was a victim of sexual abuse. Today, he's the driving force behind TOGETHER WE HEAL, a non-profit organization dedicated to educating the public about childhood sexual abuse while matching survivors with healing professionals. On this episode he shares his story from trauma, through addiction to freedom from trauma and how he's using his experience to make a difference in the post-trauma world.
Michele’s shows combine scientific research, cutting-edge guests and personal stories that highlight the challenges and successes of deliberately deciding to change the direction of your life. If you could use some inspiration, motivation, how-to strategy or just company along your own private journey, tune in for each episode's insights and suggestions guaranteed to help you move forward. For more ideas about how to create change you choose, visit ChangeYouChoose.com
in Self Help
Survivor Rena Romano candidly discusses her experience of overcoming the effects of childhood sexual abuse. In addition to sharing how abuse impacted her she also explains how she released the past, the benefits she has seen, and tips for how you can move forward in recovery.
Subject matter may be upsetting to some, not suitable for children. Listener discretion is advised.
How does childhood sexual abuse impact intimate relationships as an adult? Lee Ferrill is a motivational speaker and an advocate for survivors of childhood victimization. He is a therapist and facilitator who works with victims of sexual violence, childhood trauma, and mental health disorders. Lee also provides workshops and educational presentations on trauma and recovery. Lee’s presentations are usually geared towards mental health professionals, social service providers, and survivors of childhood trauma, however public education and awareness are common ground in his advocacy work. He is known for his strong presence and raw delivery of his life story, along with the facts, myths and stigmas that are connected to victims of childhood abuse.
Did you know that an estimated 20-40 percent of girls and 2-9 percent of boys are sexually abused by the time they reach age eighteen?
Childhood sexual abuse may hinder the development and growth of relationships and survivors may experience difficulties with trust and affection, fear of intimacy, fear of being different or weird, difficulty establishing interpersonal boundaries, passive behaviors, and getting involved in abusive relationships. sexualizing relationships, inappropriate seduction, compulsive sexual behavior, promiscuity, problems concerning desire, arousal, and orgasm, flashbacks, difficulties with touch, and sadistic/masochistic tendencies.
If you or anyone you know has been abused, I invite you to join me for this important show.
Carolin Hauser is a Naturopathic Doctor, Humanistic Psychotherapist, Family Constellations Facilitator and the author of the book Blossom-Your Sevens Step Journey to Healing Childhood Sexual Abuse and Creating Your Dream Life!
Carolin combines her knowledge about emotional healing, spiritual truth and authentic business building to help women connect to their lives mission that spurs truly fulfilling careers, amazing contributions and abundance in the area of health and relationships. Click to learn more+get your FREE gift.
David Pittman is the Executive Director of "Together We Heal", an organization whose purpose is to provide cost-free counseling and guidance for those who have suffered the trauma of childhood sexual abuse. It works to educate through public speaking, collaborates with other groups to raise awareness and expose the sexual predators methods.
David spent years on a healing journey that continues to this very day. This led him to seek out groups specifically for men as well as those who had been through a similar trauma and ultimately inspired the foundation of Together We Heal. TWH now works with therapists, counselors and groups aiding both men and women in their efforts to heal, grow and thrive.
Web site: together-we-heal.org
www.facebook.com/Togetherwehealorg - the "like" page
www.facebook.com/groups/togetherweheal - the FB group page
in Self Help
In this episode of Coach Cafe, Estra and Kathleen welcome Rachel Grant, founder and owner of Rachel Grant Coaching. Rachel is a Trauma Recovery and Relationship Coach who also holds an M.A. in Counseling Psychology.
Rachel will be speaking to us about the effects of childhood sexual abuse and how to move from from merely surviving this trauma to really living life. Rachel helps her clients identify and break patterns of thought and behavior that keep them from recovering. During the show she will discuss some of the first steps survivors of abuse can take towards recovery and explain how she developed her 16 session course, Beyond Surviving. Rachel feels that coaching is more appropriate for many people than intensive therapy or analysis and will explain the difference in approaches.
Please join us for this enlightening and powerful show, especially if you or someone you love is dealing with the effects of abuse.
in Self Help
Living By Design is committed to life success; therefore, over the next 8 weeks, we will tackle the difficult life dibilitating topic of childhood sexual abuse. Our guest, Isabel Patton, has over 40 years experience treating childhood sexual abuse cases. If you are an adult struggling with the haunting memories, and life dibilitating thoughts from your traumatic experience, join us for a life changing discussion!
Expand your understanding of the impact of child sexual abuse on boys and men. Male survivors will gain hope and be empowered to actively engage in their healing and others will learn how their understanding and compassion may be all that's needed for a male in their life to disclose and begin his healing journey. Join our host, Diane Cranley, as she talks with Kathy Barbini - Producer and Director of “Boys and Men Healing” and “The Healing”. Simon Weinberg - Co-producer “Boys and Men Healing” and is the film’s Outreach Director; Howard Fradkin, Ph.D. - LICDC has counseled over 1000 male survivors over the course of his 28 year career as a Psychologist.
in Self Help
If you or a loved one is an adult survivor of childhood sexual abuse, then DON'T miss this show! Over the next several weeks, we will peel and heal - peel back the layers of deep hurt and pain that needs to be revealed in order to heal. Our expert Psychologist, Dr. Jed Diamond, joins us this evening to continue our discussion from last week. Men are a huge target for adult on-set depression as a result of this and many other issues. Join us for a life changing discussion.
Can you believe that - PTS from Childhood Sexual Abuse; Osteoarthritis; Peripheral Neuropathy; and Degenerative Disc Disease are all living inside of one person? It's not too hard to picture one person having all those, but what is a bit off the beaten path is that they all are within one man....yes one man!
That man is Brian Passe. Brian recently created a website called "HisWords.org - Through God's Grace I live Strong" which focuses on chronic pain with an emphasis on men. In his researching of chronic pain he took notice that most stories he came across where about women with fibromyalgia. That got Brian thinking, and he realized it was because men usually try to "tough it out" or just not talk about their pain. They tend to think that no one notices when they're in pain, but those closest to them, especially their wives, know exactly how they feel.
Learn More: His Words
Call In: 347-324-5661
Within the last 18 months there have been dozens of stories in the news detailing sexual assaults on Black youths, both male and female. Most of the accused perpetrators have been trusted and influential members of the community - people no one would suspect of being a pedophile. Statistics on the sexual assaults of children under the age of 18 are shocking and deeply disturbing.
Trafficking, molestation, rape, and prostitution have become commonplace. The majority of these crimes by Black men against Black children being tolerated and seemingly accepted in our communities. Why? What 's going on with Black men? Why are these beasts not being arrested and prosecuted en masse? Why the silence by women and lack of action by allegedly "good black men?"
Guest experts include Dr. Joyce Morley-Ball of doctorjoyce.com, and Sylvia Coleman of blacksurvivors.org. Sylvia stated: "What concerns me most are the adult sexual abuse survivors who fail to recognize the connection between the current problems in their life (i.e. relationship, job failure, parenting, etc) and the sexual abuse they experienced in their childhood."
Our well-informed panel will provide you with answers to these questions and many more during this explosive broadcast. Take the Survey on Child Abuse in the Black Community by clicking here. To participate in the live on-air discussion, call 347-327-9215.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (107 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (71 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (44 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (40 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (31 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (24 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (20 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (14 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (14 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (14 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (10 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Life Conversations (10 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (8 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (8 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (7 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (7 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (7 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (6 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- Twin Radio (6 chatters)
- wayneG (5 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (5 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (5 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (5 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (5 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Pastor Andrew Bills (4 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (4 chatters)
- G220 Radio (4 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (4 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (4 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- EncouragingMomentsWithKeva (3 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (3 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (3 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (3 chatters)
- ShayXRenae and Friends (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- The Candy Coated Network (2 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (2 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (2 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (2 chatters)
- Curious Times (2 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (2 chatters)
- The Drop Night Show (2 chatters)
- WARRIOR TALK RADIO (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (2 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- William Telltale (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD MORNING SHOW (1 chatters)
- Dr Synonymous (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)