SORT BY Relevancy
At what age do babies or chidlren sleep through the night? Parents all over suffering from sleepless nights want their child to sleep; is it possible? What can help create a good sleep pattern? Kristen Tea and Crystal Wolf dive in to Children Sleeping Through the Night.
What is your passion? Why arent you making it a reality? There are so many brilliant minds in the black community yet we dont own to much. How can our ancestors create and build everything yet we have nothing to show for it? What are the steps to creating a better life for yourself? Do we doubt ourselves? Are we just settling for whatever now days? We are going to discuss and come up with solutions on how to create a better life not only for just yourself but for our chidlren and our future.
I give up or I give remember that? Well I give beacuse I need for someone to tell me what the Heck is going on.
Old man common Sense has hit the high road and skip town.
He has been repalce by no scrupples, no respect, no shame, little or no intelligence, and no rules.
You have better beware it is a major epidemic and spreading to your town.
NO COMMON SENSE
It was taught to us and we all know about it, Well where is it?
Special discussion with United Opt Out's co-leaders, Peggy Robertson and Morna McDermott. Why is the impulse to opt chidlren out of standardized tests sweeping the nation at the moment? Because it's spring testing season. Some states have been burdened with giving the old standardized test and the new PARCC or SBAC Common Core computer-based end of year test in the same year. It's the straw that broke the camel's back, and parents from all over the political spectrum are saying, "Enough!" FInd out how to opt your child out of the tests safely using federal and state laws that protect your right to do so, and see what alternatives there are to standardized tests that ensure the quality work your child does is also assessed with high quality measures. Original podcast date 4/16/14.
Did you know that the Washington Metropolitan area is a buzzin' hub for skateboarders? Dude, I didn't but our awesome guest today is Jimmy Pelletier and he is a skatebarder by trade.
In the past, allowing chidlren with special needs to skateboard seemed "sooo wrong", but actually, they can shred with the best now thanks to the work of Jimmy and his skateboarding buds.
Born on November 20th, 1971 in Washington DC. Skateboarding was introduced to Jimmy by his sister at age 5 in 1976. He learned on a plastic board on the streets of Columbia Pike. Later, his new found obsession with the skateboarding took on different manifestations; as consumer video recording became more accessible, Pelletier began documenting the burgeoning scene in and around the Washington area. In 1987 he discovered Freedom Plaza: Pulaski Park, a "marble block of heaven" as he called it. While still illegal to skate there, the park became the center of an emerging movement that has grown to include parks in and around the Arlington area.
Special discussion with United Opt Out's co-leaders, Peggy Robertson and Morna McDermott. Why is the impulse to opt chidlren out of standardized tests sweeping the nation at the moment? Because it's spring testing season. Some states have been burdened with giving the old standardized test and the new PARCC or SBAC Common Core computer-based end of year test in the same year. It's the straw that broke the camel's back, and parents from all over the political spectrum are saying, "Enough!" FInd out how to opt your child out of the tests safely using federal and state laws that protect your right to do so, and see what alternatives there are to standardized tests that ensure the quality work your child does is also assessed with high quality measures.
Lets have a rich bold jazzy conversation with Terry Damlos on new ways of educating our youth today. She has been involved in education for twenty years; as a high school counselor, teacher, and a mother of four children who have each had their individual experiences in the public school system. As an educator in the public school system she witnessed an increasing need to teach/guide children in a new way. As the number of "out of the box" children increased Terry experienced the dichotomy of allowing children to learn in individual ways and nurturing all aspects of the child as the public system stressed uniformity and testing.
Terry's children as well as the children she was teaching asked her to create with them a New Education. Tune in to learn more! Please feel free to call in with your questions!
National news and cultural spinners would have us believe that America suffers greatly from the marital status of it's women. Mothers raising their children without a marriage partner is not new however the current narrative would have us believe that we are facing national crisis because of single mom households. We believe that women raising their children without a partner either by choice or circumstance are raising brilliant, strong chidlren. Join us, as we have an insightful and personal conversation with our Ayoka Afolabi, leader, teacher, sista, daughter, and "single mom"
HIV/AIDS Activist Denise Stokes first appeared on the "Rolonda!" TV talk show back in the '90s and reunites with Rolonda 20 years later on Ro's radio talk show, "Sundays with Rolonda." Denise contracted the AIDS virus after being raped at 13 years old. She has been a soldier in the war on HIV/AIDS ever since, spending decades raising awareness, compassion, and direly-needed dollars to help fight this deadly plague. How is Denise doing now? How is America doing now in the struggle to save lives? How far have we really come? What can we do to join this worthy cause. We will hear from Denise, as well as Sir Elton John, who just celebrated his annual AIDS Foundation Oscar Party -- and Ro was there!
More than 1 million people are living with HIV in the U.S.
Every 35 minutes a woman tests positive for HIV in this country.
In the U.S. Black women account for 66% of new HIV cases.
HIV/AIDS related illness is now the leading cause of death among Black women ages 25-34.
Please Follow -- www.sundayswithrolonda.com
Please Like -- www.facebook.com/rolondafanpage
Freedom Speaks is a part of the National Network in Action (NNIA), founded by Dr. Jean Kennedy and Dr. Floyd Harris Junior. Author and Activist Anita Wills is the show Host. The show covers the American Just Us System! Our discussions encompass the Prison Industrial Complex (PIC), Mass Incarcaration, Wrongful Convictions, Unjustified Police killings, Gun violence in Inner Cities, and the system of Plea Bargains. It seems like a lot but all of the above mentioned are connected to the Racist Selective System of Just Us, here in America.
This week our show will give voice to Mothers & Families of Murdered Children. Since slavery people of African Descent have been seperated from each other. The Slave Ships were filled with children and young people torn from their families arms in Africa. During Slavery families were split and chidlren sold away from parents. As a Slave, renowned Orator, Frederick Douglass saw his mother about four to five times and always at night. She was a Field Slave and would travel to where he was and lie with him at night. Slavery, seperation, and death were a part of the life of Africans brought to America's Shores. It appears to be a part of our lives in 21st Century America as well.
Little has changed in the 21st Century, for the majority of people of African Descent. The few who do make it, do not bother to reach back and help the masses. In fact here in our own Country we are denied basic Human Rights. Parents of murdered children seldom if ever get Justice, especially if the Police were involved. On this weeks show we share the stories of mothers (and families), whose are seeking justice for their murdered children, whether by police or those who have no respect for their own lives or others.
It looks like the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Tune in and Listen Up!
Should you adopt a child with cleft lip or cleft palate. What is involved with this special need? Host Dawn Davenport interviews four medical specialist working with chidlren with cleft lip/palate:
Dr. Andrea Smith a dentist specializing in dental and facial Prosthetics, in fact she is one of only 350 Maxillofacial Prosthodontists worldwide. She is also Clinical Director at Lancaster Cleft Palate Clinic in Lancaster Penn. We also have Dr. Thomas Samson Pediatric Plastic Surgeon at Penn State Hershey Medical Center. Hi is co-director of the Penn State Hershey Craniofacial Clinic and the Penn State Hershey Vascular Anomalies Clinic. Abbie Ellis is a feeding specialist at the Lancaster Cleft Palate Clinic. And of course no show on cleft impairment would be complete without a speech therapist. We are pleased to have Maureen Rostolsky, she has her Masters in Speech Pathology and specializes in working with children with cleft lip and palate at the Lancaster Cleft Palate Clinic.
Blog summary of the show and highlights can be found here:
Blog summary of the show
More Creating a Family resources on donor insemination can be found here.
Hear interview with Mark Ferreris and Jackie Virga on the latest question posed to Governor Cuomo of NY. Can You Do It--meaning can you do Common Core homeworks. Many across NY are sending copies of their chidlren's homework --to their Governor and this is so contagious and many states are jumping on board and doing same. This movement to stop Common Core is like a train on fire and it is growing. Come learn and find out what you can do to defend your child--it starts with TRUTH.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (150 chatters)
- John Baptist (99 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (64 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (29 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (27 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (27 chatters)
- RCRadio (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (17 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (16 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (16 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (15 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (14 chatters)
- DDP Radio (13 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (13 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (12 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (10 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (9 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (9 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (9 chatters)
- David and Wes (8 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (7 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (6 chatters)
- Odwirafo (6 chatters)
- EBN Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (6 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (6 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (5 chatters)
- 12kyle (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (5 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- sun752 (4 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (4 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (4 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- The URC Show (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (3 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (3 chatters)
- FreedomReigns (3 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (3 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (2 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (2 chatters)
- Barbara Graver (2 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Field Afrikan Radio (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- The Power Hour1 (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- The Flash of Life (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- WGUM Glory United Ministries (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- Wicce Women (1 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio0 (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Needs Met (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (0 chatters)
- Fluent Motion (0 chatters)
- RLwRT (0 chatters)