SORT BY Relevancy
Welcome to On the Rebound we provide commentary related to pop culture, sports, health/wellness, music and arts/ entertainment. Hosted by Chamique Holdsclaw who is joined by cohost Rita Kay Davis, Marsha Ford, Asia Lampley and the man of the hour John Brown.
Chamique Holdsclaw - Her courageous journey.....renowned professional athlete, women on purpose of the biggest advoates for Mental Health and Wellless today.
This week, Game Changers Live discusses an important topic with NYC Hoops Legend Chamique Holdsclaw. In her latest book, "Breaking Through: Beating the Odds Shot After Shot", Holdsclaw provides an in-depth perspective on the difficult journey she has had throughout her high profile life as one of the most decorated basketball players (male or female) to have come out of NYC.
After winning three consecutive NY State Championships at Christ the King, Holdsclaw went on to play for legendary head coach Pat Summitt at Tennessee. Holdsclaw brought that prolific program another remarkable three NCAA Championships. She went on to play in the WNBA & in the Olympics, but her most challenging opponent has been her bout with depression.
Holdsclaw headlines a list of star athletes, such as Terry Bradshaw and Brandon Lloyd, who are choosing to open up about the illness in order to help others who may be suffering as well.
We'll discuss her new book, her journey, her career, and her work as an ambassador for Active Minds.
If you have any questions for Chamique, email us at YourVoice@GameChangersLive.com, send us a tweet at @4GameChangers, post your question on Facebook at GameChangersLive, or call in during the show at (347) 215-6813.
We'll also cover other topics: Is Peyton Manning a good fit for Denver? Who were the winners & losers of NBA Free Agency? Which member(s) of the GCL Crew is leading the #GCLBracketChallenge?
Tune in Wednesday, March 21st at 1:00pm ET for another exciting show!
IT'S GOING DOWN ON CROSSOVER RADIO TONIGHT WE HAVE THE VERY TALENTED PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL PLAYER CHAMIQUE HOLDSCLAW, YES YOU READ RIGHT MEEK IS STOPPING BY THE STADIUM TO TALK WITH Jada Jefferson AND Keith Boss Closs TONIGHT @9pm , so callin 646- 741- 9841
Born Chamique Shaunta Holdsclaw first made her mark as a high school basketball star at Christ The King High School. There she led her team to four State Championships in a row and became an All-American and one of the most highly sought after College Basketball recruits in the country. She later accepted a full athletic scholarship to play collegiately for the perennial Women’s Basketball powerhouse University of Tennessee Lady Volunteers and Hall of Fame Coach Pat Summit. She went on to have a stellar collegiate career that included leading the Lady Vols to three straight NCAA Championships, which was the first time that had ever been accomplished in Women’s College Basketball history. After her illustrious college basketball career, which included several All-American honors and countless other awards, Chamique would go on to be the #1 Pick in the 1999 WNBA Draft by the Washington Mystics. Her rookie season was capped with a WNBA Rookie of the Year Award as well as her first of six WNBA All-Star appearances. In 2000 she had the honor of winning an Olympic Gold. Despite her phenomenal athletic career, Chamique has had many challenges that she recently has brought forth to the spotlight. Her recent memoir, Breaking Through: Beating the Odds, Shot After Shot, candidly relays the challenges post the death of her grandmother and the dramatic ups and downs that followed. She exposes herself, revealing a suicide attempt and the eventual diagnosis of BiPolar II disorder.
We will be talking sports and having fun doing it. Expected to be joined by WNBA Star and auhor of a brand new book "Breaking Through: Beating the odds shot after shot " Chamique Holdsclaw who will discuss the book and her work with Active Minds. Also, Light heavyweight contender Chad Dawson who discuss his upcoming fight with Bernard Hopkins and more. Newest member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Willie Roaf will stop by discuss the first wekk of NFL free agency. Listen @ blogtalkradio.com/pgant and call 646-727-3070
This is the first show of the new year. Women's Sports Talk Radio will be premiering several new segments during the show.
Women's Sports Talk Radio has teamed up former ABL & WNBA star Adrienne Goodson as she presents Hoop Madness Live. Adrienne a.k.a Goody will host a segment concerning all things basketball.
In addition we have also teamed up with Tracy Brooks of Fitness in Motion as she present fitness tips and motivational information for fitness and health.
This week's guests include live interviews Willie McCray of the WBCBL and WNBA Star Chamique Holdsclaw.
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (31 chatters)
- The Appearance (13 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (10 chatters)
- thelordshour (7 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (5 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (5 chatters)
- Stew and the Nunn (4 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- divinewisdomradio (4 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (4 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (3 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (3 chatters)
- American Statesman (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Cosmos Radio ACO (3 chatters)
- Witch School (3 chatters)
- wayneG (2 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (2 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (2 chatters)
- 63289 (2 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (2 chatters)
- MySkinIsMySin (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- theghettotruthMagazine (2 chatters)
- PROPHETenergyreaderBrenda (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- NCI Family Radio (1 chatters)
- Panther Power Chat (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (1 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (1 chatters)
- deliverancebyfaith (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (1 chatters)
- Isles Beat (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Trek Talking (1 chatters)
- Twelve Music (1 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (1 chatters)
- Yellow Carded Podcast0 (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (0 chatters)