SORT BY Relevancy
Violence among youth has become a growing threat to communities nationwide. While nobody knows exactly what causes youth to act out, there are some factors that can enhance violent tendencies in children. These causes can range from drug abuse to abuse at home as well as being the victim of a bully at school. It is up to parents to look for signs that their child is either the victim of crimes or is becoming violent themselves.
10 Causes of Youth Violence
· Teens who are involved in violent activities usually do not perform them alone but in a group of friends. Knowing your child's friends and how they behave can reveal to you whether or not there are warning signs of violence. Teenagers are easily influenced by their friends, so if the friends are violent, the chances of your teen becoming violent will increase.
· If a teen's parents are abusive, violent or portray hostile behavior to each other, to the teen or to others outside the family, there is a likely chance the teen will display similar or worse behavior.
Being Bullied or Victimized
· Teenagers who are victims of bullying or teasing are more likely to become violent as a last resort, cry for help or as revenge.
Access to Weapons
· Teenagers who have easy access to weapons, especially guns, will find it easier to act out violent fantasies or vengeful feelings.
SIBLING VIOLENCE- WHEN IS IT HORSEPLAY AND WHEN IS IT ABUSE?
A friend once told me that her brother made her sit in a lawn chair while he attached it to a car battery to make an electric chair. What?! Sometimes sibling rivalry isn’t harmless. Sometimes it’s violent abuse that can lead to problems in adulthood for victims.
Two people who work with and have experienced sibling abuse join us to talk about what it is, how it is minimized, and the later implications for victims.
Amy Meyers, PhD, is an assistant professor of Social Work at Molloy College and sees victims of sibling abuse in her clinical practice. She sees the terminology we use when talking about brothers and sisters as one way we overlook sibling abuse.
Nancy Kilgore, MS knows how brother and sister relationships can be traumatic and harmful. Author of Girl in the Water: A Personal Story of Bullying and Sibling Abuse, and The Sourcebook for Working with Battered Women, Nancy works with victims of abuse by sibling.
Both women join us to talk about this little-explored area of interpersonal violence.
Call-in with your comments to (646) 378-0430.
And if you miss the live program, you can go to the website and listen to all our archived programs whenever you like at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/3women3ways
What are some of the signs of domestic violence? Are you or someone you know in a violent relationship? What are some ways that you can protect yourself or someone you love? What about teenagers in violent relationships? J'Wan Yvette explores these questions and more on this special edition of Justified Madness. Let's break the silence on dometic violence and help victims become victors. This week's episode includes music by Cheryl "Pepsii" Riley, Eminem feat. Rihanna, Aaliyah and more.
MUSICDRAMATV - Talks Violence in the Community (PSA)
While bullies, gangs, weapons, and substance abuse all contribute to the fear experienced by many of today's students, violence in America's neighborhoods and communities cannot be overlooked. The roots of violence reach deep into society
2.6 million youth ages 12 to 17 were victims of violent crimes Many young people, aware of the dangers that exist within their communities and schools, feel compelled to make changes in their lifestyles. MUSICDRAMATV.NET
Guest Call In- (646) 787-1569
Ever wanted to ask a police officer an anonymous question? Tonight you'll have your chance.
This week on Mafietta Radio, we'll discuss living your dreams and domestic violence with Authoress M. Flack and Jahmar Hill, the Acclaimed Director of "Last Love Lost."
Lastly, we'll wrap up the evening with your questions for Mr. Officer.
Call in tonight at 8pm EST/ 7pm CST - (347) 237-4565
Thats right BDD and the BrotherHood of Violence would like to invite you into the ClubHouse yet again for another Violent show of agressive behaviour. We will cover many things tonight including the stupidity of drama plaguing unstoppable.. as well as bannings for some yet not others. ..isnt it true that snitches should get stitches? Or perhaps thats too old school for many of you. Come on down speak your peice or shut your trap its up to you. Lets get it on in the clubhouse tonight.
“If I can help one victim survive, I believe I survived for a reason.” ~ Kathy Haley
Kathy Haley’s a survivor of Domestic Violence and Activist. Her story or should we say “nightmare” is one that needs to be told and retold to the millions of women experiencing domestic violence and stalking. Kathy is a regular speaker for the National Institute of Crime Prevention, she has been a guest on the Maury Povich Show, the Radio Talk Show with Host Leslie Marshall and has been utilized by several other domestic violence groups as an expert in the field of domestic violence.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTLINE: 1 800 779- 7233 or 1 800 787-3224 (TTY)
Listen in as I speak about a young ladies story I heard today. Teen Domestic Violence is happening YES it's happening. This is definitley an issue we need to speak to our children about no matter what age. They need guidance. If they see you getting abused the chances of them going through the same thing is that much greater!
Make sure to tune in, be prepared to ask questions or even make comments!
Please continue listening to our extended exploration of the sort of subjectivities that lead to violence....and to reverence...
The Waco events mirror the unrest provoked by either drug wars or perceived police brutality. This time the nation sea's the violence is not regulated to African American youths but white bikers whom by the appearance of some that are middle-aged. The message is that violence is the result of a nation that has increasingly sought to remove God from the public square and its institution. The Church must not capitulate and disappear but invoke and deploy in every phase of the social strata as never before
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (406 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (55 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (49 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (37 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (33 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (29 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (26 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (24 chatters)
- Curious Times (24 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (20 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (20 chatters)
- Odwirafo (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (12 chatters)
- AlyBlue Media (11 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (11 chatters)
- SURN Host (10 chatters)
- in5d (10 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (9 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (8 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (7 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (7 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (7 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- Witch School (6 chatters)
- The Element of Magick (5 chatters)
- Father Teresa (5 chatters)
- InThePaint (5 chatters)
- Life Conversations (4 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (4 chatters)
- The Goddess Suite (3 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (3 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (3 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (3 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (3 chatters)
- RLS Network (3 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (3 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (3 chatters)
- Rainbow Warrior GodDess (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- AACONS (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- UP AND DOWN MAGAZINE RADIO23 (1 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (1 chatters)
- Mets Public Record (1 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (1 chatters)