SORT BY Relevancy
Nell Lake, author of "The Caregivers: A Support Group's Stories of Slow Loss, Courage, and Love," joins Denise to share about the inspiration for her book and her lessons learned. Nell spent two years attending a caregivers support group and following the caregivers and their family members in their daily lives. Before working on the book, Nell was a freelance magazine writer and the founding editor of the Nieman Narrative Digest at Harvard. She has also taught writing at Boston University and reported for public radio. She lives in Massachusetts with her husband and two sons.
Joyce & Aaron interview Tryn Rose Seley on her new book, "15 Minutes of Fame/Empowering Caregivers of Those with Alzheimer's" and discussing strategies that can give family and professional caregivers ways to connect and bring life back to those they care for.
Joyce Joneschiet (Jonah-shite) Principal interior designer of Encore Living Interiors and Publisher of Encore Life Magazine hosts Encore Living Radio with her co-host Aaron D. Murphy, a licensed Architect, President of ADM Architecture and Managing Editor of EmpoweringTheMatureMind.com.
eCareDiary will speak to Carol Levine, Director at the United Hospital Fund’s Families and Health Care Project and author of "Living in the Land of Limbo", about new hospital discharge models, information and training for caregivers to help loved ones once they return home.
November 14, 2013: November is National Family Caregivers Month. According to the Caregiver Action Network, about 29% of the U.S. population will provide care for a chronically ill, disabled, or aged family member or friend during a given year, spending an average of 20 hours a week providing care.
In this episode, a home health physical therapist discusses the demanding role of a caregiver, and how, sometimes, the caregiver themself is in need of assistance. She offers tips on how to prepare for the role, and how to maintain health and happiness while providing care.
Subscribe to Move Forward Radio podcasts on iTunes.
To learn more about physical therapy, visit MoveForwardPT.com.
Families are returning to work by necessity and may of them are some of the 43 million Americans who are also caring for an adult family member or friend. Along with trying to climb the corporate ladder, these people are dealing with family issues that squeeze them from both sides.
Many Employers are recognizing this and starting to offer caregiver support groups, caregiver seminars, flexible start and end schedules, and access to other local resources that can help.
Join Flex Hour Jobs as we discuss how flexibility in the workplace can work well for everyone involved.
eCareDiary's caregiving expert, Margery Pabst will speak to Dr. Cary Presant, author of "Surviving American Medicine: How to Get the Right Doctor, Right Hospital, and Right Treatment with Today's Health Care" about warning signs for caregivers when it comes to issues related to care providers.
eCareDiary will speak to The Reverend Gregory Johnson, Health Care Professional, Ordained Inter-faith Minister and Marion Gambardella, Spiritual Counselor and Licensed Teacher and Minister, about their new book, "Peace, Be Still...Prayers and Affirmations for Family Caregivers" about garnering spiritual strength to meet caregiver demands.
Our August On-Air Myeloma Support Group is discussing ways that patients and caregivers can help boost myeloma research. We have Pat Killingsworth lead the meeting with our guest for the month, Jenny Ahlstrom.
Jenny Ahlstrom was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2010. After treatment, she wanted to be prepared with a plan of action in case of relapse. She learned how few patients participate in clinical trials and started mPatient Myeloma Radio as a tool to help her and others learn about the latest in myeloma research. She is also the founder of the Myeloma Crowd site and the CrowdCare Foundation. She is a wife to a busy entrepreneur and investor and is the mother of 6 children. Prior to her favorite job as a mom, she worked for IBM as a systems engineer and marketing representative.
REGISTER HERE! (or) mail firstname.lastname@example.org
THE DOCTOR'S INN
Join co-hosts Suzanne Strisower and Kathleen O'Keefe Kanavos for cutting edge interviews!
This segment was originally aired in 2013.
Our Guest in the first hour: Rob Harris
Author, speaker, expert panelist, blogger and advocate Rob Harris had never encountered the word “caregiver” until, he and his wife learned she had cancer – twice. His story is a #1 best-selling book on Amazon. We’re In This Together: A Caregiver’s Story has received endorsements and rave reviews from celebrities, medical experts, caregivers, patients, and countless others.
His caregiver and patient support organization, RobCares, provides information and encouragement to a community of followers worldwide. http://www.robcares.com
Rob is also the Co-Host of Because Hope Matters Talk Radio on Blogtalk Radio.
Our Guest in the second hour: Yolanda Kennedy
Yolanda Kennedy became a committed foodie after she lost her mother to breast cancer. She now educates women on how food along with green living is directly connected to their health and wellness.
You can find great resources at any one of her online platforms:
Call in to speak with our guests by calling 646-652-2336, or, log into their blogtalk radio account and join us in the chatroom.
We all know how music can evoke memories of a past love or a special moment in our lives. Can music really impact patients and their caregivers?
Join host Tami Neumann as she sits down in conversation with Ron Gregory, CEO of Alzheimer's Music Connect, as they talk about the importance of music in the care of patients with Alzheimer's and their caregivers.
Learn how Alzheimer's Music Connect uses the unique process of Altus Oscillation, to increase the therapeutic benefits of music to provide comfort to the patient and respite for the caregiver.
Learn more about Ron Gregory and Alzheimer's Music Connect.
Stay on top of all upcoming shows on Conversations In Care by signing up for our newsletter TODAY!
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (169 chatters)
- John Baptist (152 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (42 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (42 chatters)
- The Dream1 (35 chatters)
- NTEB (29 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (27 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- Viviendo con los Angeles (21 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (20 chatters)
- HOV Radio (19 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (19 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (15 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (14 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (13 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (12 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (11 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (10 chatters)
- AngelsandWarriors (10 chatters)
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (9 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (9 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (8 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (8 chatters)
- American White History Month (8 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (8 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (8 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (7 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (7 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (6 chatters)
- ConversationswithDrDIvanYoung (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- BeverlyD (5 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- carsonscorner (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (4 chatters)
- The Final Word Podcast (4 chatters)
- The Program Returns (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Arlette and Mike Talk (3 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (3 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (3 chatters)
- ABQ Sports Crew Radio (2 chatters)
- 64403 (2 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- CopRot Radio (2 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The 2nd Revolution (2 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (2 chatters)
- SharonWAlker0 (2 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (2 chatters)
- Trans4mational Conversations (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- UrbanLiteraryReview (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Totally Driven Radio Network (1 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters0 (1 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- LinkedLocalNetwork (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- spiritualactivists (1 chatters)
- Stay Bold Radio (1 chatters)
- Tarvino (1 chatters)
- The Live By Terrence Network (1 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (1 chatters)
- Lenon Honor (1 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- DONT PLAY RADIO (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)